• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

things that make me wonder

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When will Bards get some love

Why don't Chiv books have mods??

now that we have global chat why can't Guilds be across all shards? IE if i start my guild on Pac then transfer to Origin i keep my guild and can recruit new members on both shards etc

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On things that make one wonder... why is it there is a way to travel with Chivalry but no way to mark a rune?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On things that make one wonder... why is it there is a way to travel with Chivalry but no way to mark a rune?
A really long time ago someone asked a developer this in game and their answer was that chivalry isn't a "real" school of magic and was just the very basics that warriors could handle without formal training in magic. Since recall is a simple low level spell they were able figure out how to replicate it, but marking runes is a high level spell which was outside of their basic abilities so they were unable to copy it as part of chivalry.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Technically, its not a real magic, but a fundamental faith in God, or in this case, the Virtues. The ability of a Paladin is his steadfast faith. His steel will. His unwavering need for all things Holy. That is where he draws his "magic" from. Not some arcane malarkey cast with runes and ancient secrets handed down from Pagan shamans and sorcerers.

At least thats my understanding.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I agree. My first ever toon was a 7x100 Bard. I was one of the handful on Legends with GM enticement....So I def miss my bards.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
big difference between magic and music
I Dont want a spellbook I want a songbook, Encore(recall) Steady gig (mark) etc nothing OP just basic things that would only require the renaming of existing spells. In DnD and Pathfinder (yes i understand these are diced based RP games ) Bards are casters. is wanting some ability to travel maybe an offense spell really asking for much ?

Adrahil

Adventurer
I had a peace fencer for a long time and did very well pre Age of Shadows, not sure it would hold up against todays mobs. Bards do need some love, most of the hip to do bosses or mobs are not able to be discorded or provoked . I agree with Anon on this one, Spell Songs would bring the Bard into the fold again.

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm curious what Bard template you're running that you don't have room for utility magery. Or is it just a matter of priciple? (Which I understand completely)

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm curious what Bard template you're running that you don't have room for utility magery. Or is it just a matter of priciple? (Which I understand completely)
Music 120
provo 120
disco 120
peace 120
throwing or swords 120
meditation 80
chiv 40
i run the provo mastery's for healing and regen or the Disco Mastery if i need offense

and yes to some extent it's simply i don't want to use magery (i do have Bard/Mage toons)
I strongly feel that each school of magic should be complete on it's own without having to use magery....

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What, bards just got some love with the masteries... :rolleyes2:
Bard Masteries are awesome without a doubt .....
but it still leaves bards as support char at best now i am not asking to be able to solo a T-Rex or do the roof on my own but bards should have a complete school of magic of their own ...

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Music 120
provo 120
disco 120
peace 120
throwing or swords 120
meditation 80
chiv 40
i run the provo mastery's for healing and regen or the Disco Mastery if i need offense

and yes to some extent it's simply i don't want to use magery (i do have Bard/Mage toons)
I strongly feel that each school of magic should be complete on it's own without having to use magery....
Sort of off topic, but do those weapons do much damage with no tactics?

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have run an archer bard since before Trammel. She has archery, anat, healing, music, peace provo and the rest in chiv, I think 60. Tactics is not an issue because I am helping the weaker monster beat up the stronger monster. My big issues where bards need love is when I have two of the same thing provoked, lets say two dragons and I cast EEO the timer goes from (what ever it is when it starts) to 8 seconds almost immediately. I have seen someone else mention this and I gave up ever seeing a fix for it. So there are a few technical things for bards that could be fixed before they start revamping what already is riddled with little things like this. Like accidentally targeting "not a monster" and it counts as a barding attempt. ARGH!!!! IE a tree, grass, pool of blood if the monster takes a step. I don't do macros for targeting. If I were good at targeting I would be mage. *grins*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just like I wonder how making a deer mask requires cloth and not leather at the very least... and why it's considered a hat if you craft it but more like a helm if you get it as a drop... IMO it ought to be more like a leather cap than a hat.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wondered who would get sucked out of the woodwork with that one. Air Force 6-1/2 years in the 60s and 70s.
LMAO Naval Intelligence Have to admit you fly boys were smart enough to stay above the ground, way above.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LMAO Naval Intelligence Have to admit you fly boys were smart enough to stay above the ground, way above.
Unbeknownst to me at the time I was doing Basic, AF Intelligence, FBI and a host of other alphabet groups were asking all sorts of questions around the neighborhood. Ya see, I had asked for Radar Electronics as one of the specialties I desired on the entry exam. However it was Top Secret or even higher in those days and they needed to vet me if I got a spot.

I ended up as a Medic - Veterinary actually. Doing shots on the Sentry (and later Scout dogs), pets and USDA activities for the AF (and other branches). Best fun time I had was TDY to Key West. I was only AF bloke on the whole base. Mad scramble to learn USN ranks, tho.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why my scribe, skilled to the max, fails to med the majority of the time.
Why he routinely gets low level scrolls, or routinely gets 10 ct scrolls instead of 20

Why fully developed smiths get bods for 10 ct normal quality iron, routinely...

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why Bleak made the lose-a-swing change to Chivalry and Bushido in November 2015, which drained the fun out of being a melee warrior.

*Yes, I do repeat this frequently, but hey, it could be worse, I could complain about phoenix colors

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, what about that phoenix thing anyway?
Apparently some are unhappy that the Phoenix art was changed to a giant Turkey lookin bird thing as seen in Slayvites signature banner.

I read he was pretty worked up about it! :thumbsup:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Apparently some are unhappy that the Phoenix art was changed to a giant Turkey lookin bird thing as seen in Slayvites signature banner.

I read he was pretty worked up about it! :thumbsup:
LOL oh I know!!!

I was just poking the bear, so to speak :D

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This a huge peeve why can i not ALTER everything and anything ......

PS if anyone has a Gargoyle OBI on origin they want to trade for a human one message me :)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Since they made the Roof so much more fun, Im sure @Larisa will get you 3 or 4 with her Gargoyle.
I might! Though I usually get the lame arties I have gotten 1 obi, I'm sure gonna try to get more :)