• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A returning player has some questions about old pets

metalabyss

Adventurer
Hi all, I'm returned after 13 years. I play on Pacific.

I have read the tamer stratics for few days but I still have no idea that are some of my old pets worth to train or sell.
Also I would like to know the common price about rare coloured cus since I have some for sale(not a good ones tho).

Please kindly advise. Thank you.

pets.jpg

The picture shows the pets: bake kitsune 2 slots, rune beetle 3 slot, hiryu 4 slots.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Welcome Back! I also play on Pacific.

The rune beetle is the same as anything you can tame now. Nothing special about it.

Those hiryu's are probably not worth keeping. At 4 slots the stats are not very good and no resists set. What color are they? What skills do they have?

metalabyss

Adventurer
Welcome Back! I also play on Pacific.

The rune beetle is the same as anything you can tame now. Nothing special about it.

Those hiryu's are probably not worth keeping. At 4 slots the stats are not very good and no resists set. What color are they? What skills do they have?
Thanks for the reply.

The hiryus are in blue and green. The last 2 pages are the same so I just simply skip them.

pets2.jpg

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Those are very nice colors, so you may want to keep them. If they're both 4 slot that means you only get 1 more training round on them. You'll need to set stam/dex to 150, set strength to 700, set the resists how you want them. Increase base damage. Increase mana. Probably want to max mana regen. The problem is if you want to add additional skills or magic you're likely going to run out of room to add any scrolls. If it wasn't for the nice colors I'd release them.

Lesser Hiryu's spawn as either a 1 or 2 slot. You want a 1 slot with highest STR/HP as you can find, and a rare color if you can find it. It's a shame the ones you have aren't lower than a 4 slot; I'm guessing they spawned as regular 3 or 4 slot Hiryu's originally.

Last edited:

metalabyss

Adventurer
Those are very nice colors, so you may want to keep them. If they're both 4 slot that means you only get 1 more training round on them. You'll need to set stam/dex to 150, set strength to 700, set the resists how you want them. Increase base damage. Probably want to max mana regen. The problem is if you want to add additional skills or magic you're likely going to run out of room to add any scrolls. If it wasn't for the nice colors I'd release them.
So I may keep or sell them deciding later, I am going to have fun with training cus lol.

What about the bake kitsune? If it has nothing special then I would like to free up a stable slot.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I'm not sure about the bake kitsune, I've never had one. Maybe someone else can comment on it. Hold on to it until someone on stratics tells you otherwise.

Cu's are awesome! You'll have a lot of fun with them.

By the way you can say "stablecount" at the stable to see how many stable slots you have available.

metalabyss

Adventurer
I'm not sure about the bake kitsune, I've never had one. Maybe someone else can comment on it. Hold on to it until someone on stratics tells you otherwise.

Cu's are awesome! You'll have a lot of fun with them.

By the way you can say "stablecount" at the stable to see how many stable slots you have available.
Okay I will still keep it for a while.

I have read the cu thread and wanted to try those build, also continue finding some nice rare coloured with good stats, a lot to do.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Start with an AI/Chiv Cu, you won't be disappointed. It's probably the best pet/skill build in the game currently. Try to find one with as close to 600 HP as you can (1200 HP before taming).

metalabyss

Adventurer
Start with an AI/Chiv Cu, you won't be disappointed. It's probably the best pet/skill build in the game currently. Try to find one with as close to 600 HP as you can (1200 HP before taming).
I made mistake on my first cu today, finished the stuff leaving 310 points for 110's, then I found that I forgot to raise the strength.
Fortunately it can still go to 700 strength but no more room for any scroll.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you have 2 slot Bake-Kitsune, theyre not spawning today. But please check this out for yourself. I think the
Bakes now spawn for 3-4 slots? If theyre 2 slot, they are rare.
ALSO:
If you have any old WW or Mares, they are now rare, esp if the mare is a 2 slot mare : They're priceless. Strongly suggest you check in the non rares trader forums here if you want to sell anything at all, esp old mares, WW, or banes for appropriate pricing. Also old pets: Do not train yet, try taming a few new pets like Cus etc, and learn the new system, as there is about 90% chance the initial ones will be messed up. Dont do that with rare pets as they will not spawn ever again.

metalabyss

Adventurer
If you have 2 slot Bake-Kitsune, theyre not spawning today. But please check this out for yourself. I think the
Bakes now spawn for 3-4 slots? If theyre 2 slot, they are rare.
ALSO:
If you have any old WW or Mares, they are now rare, esp if the mare is a 2 slot mare : They're priceless. Strongly suggest you check in the non rares trader forums here if you want to sell anything at all, esp old mares, WW, or banes for appropriate pricing. Also old pets: Do not train yet, try taming a few new pets like Cus etc, and learn the new system, as there is about 90% chance the initial ones will be messed up. Dont do that with rare pets as they will not spawn ever again.
Thanks for the reply celticus. I went to take a look and saw a few 3 slots bake kitsune but no 2 slots, so I come to ask. I will just keep it now.

I do know the pp mares and wws since there are many threads talking about them, I also have one mare and 2 wws(one with dragon voice). The mare is already trained up by following Khaelor's pp mare guide, it works fine. I am not going to touch the wws atm since I have no idea how to build them up. Probably will plan to do it after training tons of cus.

metalabyss

Adventurer
Although I have said I will not train the wws atm but I would like to ask about the build advice first. I am not a real cleaver man and I do always make careless mistakes, so I want to have some time to plan and train them carefully.

wws.jpg

The first ww has a dragon like voice, I didn't tame it myself but I bought it after they stopped spawning. I want to make it in all purpose use or specific usage if advised.
The second ww I may want to have an intesting build, or another specific usage if advised.

P.S I pressed the blue buttons when I came back last month before I knew about the new system, so just simply ignore it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Although I have said I will not train the wws atm but I would like to ask about the build advice first. I am not a real cleaver man and I do always make careless mistakes, so I want to have some time to plan and train them carefully.

View attachment 83302

The first ww has a dragon like voice, I didn't tame it myself but I bought it after they stopped spawning. I want to make it in all purpose use or specific usage if advised.
The second ww I may want to have an intesting build, or another specific usage if advised.

P.S I pressed the blue buttons when I came back last month before I knew about the new system, so just simply ignore it.
PM @Khaelor For WW. I may be wrong but the Str on that one is not much overcap but you dont need any points there! There is nothing wrong with training it. Adding points is where you could mess it up. You can get it to 100% and wait for a reply.

metalabyss

Adventurer
PM @Khaelor For WW. I may be wrong but the Str on that one is not much overcap but you dont need any points there! There is nothing wrong with training it. Adding points is where you could mess it up. You can get it to 100% and wait for a reply.
Okay I will ask Khaelor for some advice if he would like to do so.

A fresh news that I just asked my rl friend if he is not coming back then can I have his pets, and now I have 2 more pp wws and 2 mares lol. Both of his wws have over 750 strength wtf.

metalabyss

Adventurer
nms.jpg

wws2.jpg

Pictures of my friend's mares and wws.

I will take the long hair because I don't have one(i like mares). For the wws I may take the dull since I don't have one also, or take both if I wanted high strength. For the rest I may sell or just keep on his account, just need some time to consider.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Both of his wws have over 750 strength wtf.
Yup thats what I meant about the strength of yours. But they are better than what we can get now.

I will take the long hair because I don't have one(i like mares). For the wws I may take the dull since I don't have one also, or take both if I wanted high strength. For the rest I may sell or just keep on his account, just need some time to consider.
Also ask him about the Mares also. The basic setup is the same for all pets. The specials and magics improve the base build.

There used to be a Nightmare thread, but someone spilled a drink on it and it got destroyed.

metalabyss

Adventurer
Yup thats what I meant about the strength of yours. But they are better than what we can get now.

Also ask him about the Mares also. The basic setup is the same for all pets. The specials and magics improve the base build.

There used to be a Nightmare thread, but someone spilled a drink on it and it got destroyed.
I am not a prefectionist so I may just go with my own wws, at least i will never leave the dragon voice ww even it only has 720ish. I have trained a mare by following that guide, I will post some pictures later because I am training other pets right now.

metalabyss

Adventurer
nms2.jpg nm12.png

Here is my pp mare and it starts with 315/520. I am unable to afford even 110's, and I don't know if I would scroll it in the future but I choose to leave the points.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply celticus. I went to take a look and saw a few 3 slots bake kitsune but no 2 slots, so I come to ask. I will just keep it now.

I do know the pp mares and wws since there are many threads talking about them, I also have one mare and 2 wws(one with dragon voice). The mare is already trained up by following Khaelor's pp mare guide, it works fine. I am not going to touch the wws atm since I have no idea how to build them up. Probably will plan to do it after training tons of cus.
Welcome.
Always train PP and rare pets on test shard (TC1) if you have access to it. Leave them for last.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply.

The hiryus are in blue and green. The last 2 pages are the same so I just simply skip them.

View attachment 83228
From the pic, the purple is not extremely rare color but the green I think its called "Strong Green" or "Neon Green", spawn rate is 0.092% it and the strong pink are collectors items, and they can sell 80 M untrained. So would avoid doing anything with them. If they are born at 4 slots, go to TC1 and release/retame and see if slot # goes lower. You may want to sell green one to a rare color collector, and get some seed $ for your game.

metalabyss

Adventurer
Welcome.
Always train PP and rare pets on test shard (TC1) if you have access to it. Leave them for last.
cuw1.png

This is my first cu. It starts with 588/602. As mentioned above I forgot to put the points on strength so I have to use the points reserved for 110's to recover the strength to 700. End up with no more room for any scroll.

I should have to be much more becareful from now on.

metalabyss

Adventurer
From the pic, the purple is not extremely rare color but the green I think its called "Strong Green" or "Neon Green", spawn rate is 0.092% it and the strong pink are collectors items, and they can sell 80 M untrained. So would avoid doing anything with them. If they are born at 4 slots, go to TC1 and release/retame and see if slot # goes lower. You may want to sell green one to a rare color collector, and get some seed $ for your game.
It is good to know that, great thanks.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
View attachment 83312 View attachment 83311

Here is my pp mare and it starts with 315/520. I am unable to afford even 110's, and I don't know if I would scroll it in the future but I choose to leave the points.
Also, being a newcomer/returning player, unless you have 2-3 billion in thebank or are an expert at Feluca spawns, youre very lucky to have 3-4 PP WWs and 3-4 PP Mares. They are a hot item, and people will buy the mares for up to 100 Million each, and also the WW for more. Prices may vary, but you should post pics with stats etc on the sellers forum here, and advertise if you want to sell. So you are sitting on a gold mine my friend. PS ( no one needs 4 PP WW and 4 PP mares, there are so many other new great pets to train since the revamp, and you need massive gold to buy scrolls etc.).
The one with the voice..That one I would not sell likely, unless you get an offer for like 1-2 plats. That one is a true rare. If you want to sell : (Don't sell in-game -- get the top dollar in the trades forum here!). Also check for yourself the prices in the trades forum bfore you sell ANYTHING. And also you may want to ask here.
I am not suggesting you sell. I just want to protect you from low-balller byers. I was a returning player a few years ago and sold a Dreadmare for nothing and dont want to see this happen to anyone else.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
PS: I SOLD a strong Green Hiryu to a lady who has played the game for 20 years, has a top level vendor house in Luna, and she knows the game inside out for 80 Million, just as an example, a few months ago. Traine and speced ones much more exp as a super rare color ( Str Pink, Str Green).

metalabyss

Adventurer
Thanks for the advice.

I am not going to keep all those wws and mares, at lease one of them will be sold or just keep in my friend's stable. The dragon voice I will never sell even someone offers me 10 plats lol. My buddy is priceless.

I actually need some gold so I will be considering about it.

metalabyss

Adventurer
PS: I SOLD a strong Green Hiryu to a lady who has played the game for 20 years, has a top level vendor house in Luna, and she knows the game inside out for 80 Million, just as an example, a few months ago. Traine and speced ones much more exp as a super rare color ( Str Pink, Str Green).
Continue playing for 20 years is just a legend, have to give a salute her.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the advice.

I am not going to keep all those wws and mares, at lease one of them will be sold or just keep in my friend's stable. The dragon voice I will never sell even someone offers me 10 plats lol. My buddy is priceless.

I actually need some gold so I will be considering about it.
I think if and when you decide to sell anything, these forums are MUST kind of homework, otherwise you may regret the sale, and your buyer when you meet him/her next day will not even acknowledge he/she even knows you lol. Also remember train any rare pets LAST, after you trained new and dispensible pets.
Also remember the vast majority of UO players tamers included are honest and play an honest game. BUT sadly there are a few opportunists amongst us that try to to exploit both the game and even worse their fellow players. Just never hurts to be careful I reckon..

metalabyss

Adventurer
I think if and when you decide to sell anything, these forums are MUST kind of homework, otherwise you may regret the sale, and your buyer when you meet him/her next day will not even acknowledge he/she even knows you lol. Also remember train any rare pets LAST, after you trained new and dispensible pets.
Also remember the vast majority of UO players tamers included are honest and play an honest game. BUT sadly there are a few opportunists amongst us that try to to exploit both the game and even worse their fellow players. Just never hurts to be careful I reckon..
I am grateful to your kindly advice. I think I am going to train those cus which are getting bonded this week and becoming no time to touch the legacy pets for a while lol.

Just tired retame the hiryus and the slots didnt go lower.