• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Damage Number Colors - Yellow coming off the pet?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before patch: Damage to the player is yellow. Damage to the monster/target is red.

For some reason fighting a crazed mage with my pet, yellow numbers pop up and I'm not being hit. Whats the story on this?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears that the damage a pet does to the target comes up as yellow too. Please put it back to red; seeing the yellow makes me confused with my character being hit.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Before patch: Damage to the player is yellow. Damage to the monster/target is red.

For some reason fighting a crazed mage with my pet, yellow numbers pop up and I'm not being hit. Whats the story on this?
From Publish 100 Release 2 notes:

"The classic client text hue for damage that pets receive is now yellow instead of red."

I assumed it would only be that way on TC, but maybe since it was a client change it got pushed to live once you patched.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It needs to be a different color. or give the option to set it to what you like. its too confusing to tell the difference between the character getting hit and the target, especialy in close combat situations.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It needs to be a different color. or give the option to set it to what you like. its too confusing to tell the difference between the character getting hit and the target, especialy in close combat situations.
Are you in CC? I never noticed the damage I take is yellow. :)

I can finally see my pets damage!!! :cheerleader:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you seriously cant tell when your getting hit?
you dont watch your health bar, you do math on the fly?
you my friend are a master level mathematician!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damage I do to mobs is coming up yellow, used to be red...... dunno about the rest of ya, but I really, really don't like it..... red is so much easier to see, and fer cryin' out loud, after 20 years why change it??

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damage you take is yellow. Damage you give is red. Thats what I see.

But damage taken and received with pet is both red. Maybe I need to copy a new toon.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
damage I do to mobs is coming up yellow, used to be red...... dunno about the rest of ya, but I really, really don't like it..... red is so much easier to see, and fer cryin' out loud, after 20 years why change it??
i just logged into TC and Sonoma and im still getting all red numbers.
both for my pet and for me.

and i just patched and this is a fresh new copy made to TC.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just logged into TC and Sonoma and im still getting all red numbers.
both for my pet and for me.

and i just patched and this is a fresh new copy made to TC.
This is a CC thing if anyone is wondering. But I get all red #s on pet. Yellow damage to toon. Red damage from toon to mob.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
From Publish 100 Release 2 notes:

"The classic client text hue for damage that pets receive is now yellow instead of red."

I assumed it would only be that way on TC, but maybe since it was a client change it got pushed to live once you patched.
I'm getting something completely opposite.

The damage the pet is receiving is STILL RED

The damage the pet is DOING is YELLOW.

Someone goofed. And seeing yellow numbers in the mid-100s pop up over my pet when he was fighting right after a dismount (before I could pull his bar) was really scary until I got the bar up.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think it always was that way in the EC, so they only changed the CC? But I might be wrong, I confess I don't pay any attention to those numbers I just keep an eye on the health bars. I hate seeing my chat box full of numbers and the overhead ones are just as annoying, my husband on the other hand is obsessed with those numbers but he does huge damage compared to me. :oops:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't like this change.

Was doing Corgul with guild last night and I only saw yellow numbers unless Corgul did its area attack, then I saw a group of yellow numbers and one red number. It was confusing, it didn't need changing put it back!

Belmarduk

Adventurer
I think it always was that way in the EC, so they only changed the CC? But I might be wrong, I confess I don't pay any attention to those numbers I just keep an eye on the health bars. I hate seeing my chat box full of numbers and the overhead ones are just as annoying, my husband on the other hand is obsessed with those numbers but he does huge damage compared to me. :oops:
Yes has always been this way in EC I think - I keep in mind: yellow numbers are the dmg I OR MY PET are doing - red (danger) is INCOMING dmg

This is not shown in the journal in EC - that would be annoying

With the numbers I have a better "feel" how much dmg I am dealing/receiving - the Stat-bar for me is only so I can see overall progress of the fight

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can see how changing them around would be confusing for people, any explanation as to why they changed it?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We also had a big scare last night when seeing that yellow damage, thought we'd hear a death bell for sure when we saw 150 in yellow! While we are not entirely sure, we did get the impression red and yellow seemed to interchange a bit.. confusing indeed!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they did fix it because of how many people complained in this thread I guess - good going ... *sarcasm" - hehe

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like knowing the damage given/taken with different colors but I wish we could change/pick the colors is all, or be able to turnoff.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i still seeing no yellow numbers at all.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last night, after the patch, it switched to red doing, yellow receiving.

Not logged on yet today to see if it stayed that way.