• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Center Update: username rejected because of "@"?

LoneSwan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to log in to check my account status today, aware of the recent "upgrade".

It seemed to work smoothly: redirected using Origin/EA (store) saved login to that site; back to Broadsword/Mythic "master" account login access; then: Gotcha!!!

My original _EXISTING_ "Mythic" master login is rejected. Reason: the "@" character is now invalid input for a username. So, all those accounts with [email protected] are now inaccessible?

Tried to create a NEW login. Failed, because the name is already in use (presumably by me?). I have no idea how to work around this. A support email address would be helpful. The one included on the login page does not work, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: I think I see where it is messed up: https://accounts.eamythic.com/master/account/create

They failed to include a [Button]/link for _Existing_ accounts.

Still, very inconsistent since the login username for the Origin/EA website has an "@" for using email addresses. What was the thinking here?

LoneSwan (Virginia)

Last edited:

LoneSwan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you going through UO.com > Accounts and then this:
I don't have to enter any username there.
I tried again, starting at UO.com and navigating from there.: same result.
log-in_error_msg.jpg

The email address used has been inactive for more than a decade, would update that as well... if I could.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Loneswan I did it like this to see what It was changed to.
Skärmbild (13).jpg
First at uo.com I clicked here.
Skärmbild (11).jpg
Then I clicked here.
Skärmbild (12).jpg
Then I got to this page and had no trouble using my email/ e- postadress login. This one is in Swedish but I think the us would look very similar.

LoneSwan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loneswan I did it like this to see what It was changed to.
I tried again: this time a method worked. On the webpage with the _EA Login_, and by using your original _Mythic_ master login credentials, NOT any EA login's from a previous EA account that you made: this will open the Broadsword/(Mythic) UO account .

What's wrong with this current implementation? {A lot!}

If you already have an EA account setup (and probably this login is SAVED in your browser), then you will just go in circles: redirected back to a "Mythic" login page, then back to the "EA" login page.

It is not at all logical that someone would know to enter their _original_ Mythic login credentials instead of EA account credentials since you are presented with a screen that is all "EA" and no mention of "mythic".

When you are redirected back to the webpage with both EA and Mythic login's, it gets worse, as described in the first post: either errors with Mythic login or a loop with the EA login.

Answer: keep entering your original Mythic master login credentials (basically you do this 2 times) while ignoring the webpage titles. Do this manually, because your browser may have saved previous logins that are invalid.

Last edited: