• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endless Journey Bank (Returning Player)

hexfeather

Visitor
As title implies, I recently reinstalled the client and booted up the game.
I was aware that EJ had account limitations, one of those being a restriction on bank space.
What I was shocked to discover, however, was that I am unable to interact with any of my items in storage (110+/20). I'm not able to dump stuff until below the limit so that the space could be usable.
I did some digging online, and all I can really find is a statement released well over a month ago (mid April) from their team - claiming that this would be sorted out.
So, what gives?
If they are trying to pull in some revenue, this is the exact opposite of the thing you do.
It does not inspire me to resubscribe. If anything, this turns me off. Big time.

Update: Their support response to my storage issue/question:

"You contacted us requesting assistance, however this account is flagged for Endless Journey.
While Endless Journey players will receive GM help with critical issues such as harassment and violations, being physically stuck, and in-game store issues, assistance requests outside of these categories cannot be fielded."

So I am ineligible to receive a response to a problem which only exists because I've previously given you money. This does not affect people who've never handed you money before. Got it.

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They fixed it to where you could use your bank BUT if you had an old account with more then the 20-item limit you could SEE what was in there but not take anything out..they SAID they were going to fix that but no ETA and no word on the subject in quite some time...we're still waiting.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw @Mesanna in game a few weeks ago and asked when they was going to fix this issue for EJ vet accounts, got told the guy who does the programming was
on leave, like I say this was a good few weeks ago.

So it's anyone's guess currently

Best option is to open a blank account just as a place holder for your items thats what I'm doing

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And you can always ask again at the next meet and greet if you can make it..it's on Monday on Izumo at 9 AM eastern.

hexfeather

Visitor
Their response to my question is as follows:

"You contacted us requesting assistance, however this account is flagged for Endless Journey.
While Endless Journey players will receive GM help with critical issues such as harassment and violations, being physically stuck, and in-game store issues, assistance requests outside of these categories cannot be fielded."

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a question best asked on the new "official forum" as the dev team no longer comes here. More than likely you will not receive a suitable answer but it might be a start.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't expect any changes to EJ until pub 100, or, even more likely, pub 101.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
EJ players cannot post on the Official UO forum. They can only read posts over there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a question best asked on the new "official forum" as the dev team no longer comes here. More than likely you will not receive a suitable answer but it might be a start.
This IS the Official Forum for Endless Journey! :cheerleader:

This is also the best Taming forum on the internet!! :ten:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This IS the Official Forum for Endless Journey! :cheerleader:

This is also the best Taming forum on the internet!! :ten:
Best forums for everything UO Bar None

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clearly this is the best forum for UO, I forgot EJ players can't post over there. Another clear sign of the complete failure the team is, good for stratics though I guess.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Meh, they shouldn't treat EJ's like second class citizens. Give them their bank and let them post. Sheesh. This treatment of players is very much like a trashy Chinese game instead of UO. What's next loot boxes?

hexfeather

Visitor
It's tough because I love this game. The nostalgia is real. But I also feel immediately turned away as a returning player.

Where I draw the line financially is when a company tells me I'm not worth responding to on something that only affects me BECAUSE I have given them money in the past.

The fact that they refer to this as 'Endless' Journey is sort of ironic in its own right.

Last edited:

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are trying to pull in some revenue, this is the exact opposite of the thing you do.
It does not inspire me to resubscribe. If anything, this turns me off. Big time.
Well.. it works in SWtOR and similar games. Limited inventory does increase revenue from returning players. SOE and other games have managed to make a buck from this tactic. Not saying it is right. Just pointing out the marketing strategy.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well.. it works in SWtOR and similar games. Limited inventory does increase revenue from returning players. SOE and other games have managed to make a buck from this tactic. Not saying it is right. Just pointing out the marketing strategy.
The idiots who run UO, aren't clever enough to figure out to put items in the shop that EJ players would buy, and if they woke up some day to realize this, then there is another thing they have to worrie about, and that is why dosen't the EJ account players buy said items, well this leads us back to storage dosen't it ?
UO sell stuff -> EJ players can't buy any because they cant store what they buy...its like EA refuses to think logically, and dosen't wan't to make money, tis stupid.
I really wish that EA would sell UO, and the current staff would get fired so we could get some proper management for this game.As of now its an Endless joke.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The idiots who run UO, aren't clever enough to figure out to put items in the shop that EJ players would buy, and if they woke up some day to realize this, then there is another thing they have to worrie about, and that is why dosen't the EJ account players buy said items, well this leads us back to storage dosen't it ?
UO sell stuff -> EJ players can't buy any because they cant store what they buy...its like EA refuses to think logically, and dosen't wan't to make money, tis stupid.
I really wish that EA would sell UO, and the current staff would get fired so we could get some proper management for this game.As of now its an Endless joke.
But do you really believe EA is to blame? Like they are saying BS should limit the bank storage to 20 items, don't let them take out anything if its above and then leave it like that for a couple months straight after EJ release?

It's the Bonnie-club crying wolf on every occasion and her falling for it.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its mental.

Buts its the charm of UO to release things and not have it fully tested and thought out.

On
Every
Single
Publish
Ever

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's tough because I love this game. The nostalgia is real. But I also feel immediately turned away as a returning player.

Where I draw the line financially is when a company tells me I'm not worth responding to on something that only affects me BECAUSE I have given them money in the past.

The fact that they refer to this as 'Endless' Journey is sort of ironic in its own right.
To be fair, it’s not because you have given them money in the past. Endless Journey is available for new players as well.

I’m also a returning player who started a few days ago with Endless Journey. To me, it was a little annoying to not be able to use the items in my bank but I wasn’t mad because it’s a trial. It’s supposed to give you just enough to make you want to come back. However, to not provide full support is a surprise. Usually a company gives extra service to new and returning customers to draw them in.

hexfeather

Visitor
To be fair, it’s not because you have given them money in the past. Endless Journey is available for new players as well.
That isn't the point. What I'm saying is that someone new to the game, who's never invested a cent, has access to a usable bank.

This problem only plagues previous customers.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That isn't the point. What I'm saying is that someone new to the game, who's never invested a cent, has access to a usable bank.

That’s a great point. I wasn’t connecting the dots that vets don’t get access because they already have so much. I definitely agree with your point then. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Pure lunacy isnt it! Hey player player.....come back to UUUOOOOOOOO......whoops almost had it! *yoink*....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Let's hope they are actually listening and working on fixing this, it's a major problem for some people! It's been months and no word at all...:(

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would like to use a commodity deed out of my bag against any item in Bank. Including empty Container. Get then a deed with just the item in bag. Now trash the useless commodity deed filled with one Rune. Maybe disable bless for thoose deeds. Thats my idea for cleanup the bankbox.

Syncros

Adventurer
I don't know why this is still a issue for them. Just allow the old account that is now EJ flagged to see the items and make 20 slots free to use as they please.

That way they can see their items and decide if they want to go paid account and claim it all or stay EJ.

I also noticed having a bank with over the limit of items you can't drop gold in the bank.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's the same with a bag of sending, if the bank is full you can't send the gold, a bit weird that.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should mention that the EJ bank box lets you see your items on the default top tier of storage. I think. So if you had an item in a container it will appear outside of the container. At least my soul stones did.....

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I should mention that the EJ bank box lets you see your items on the default top tier of storage. I think. So if you had an item in a container it will appear outside of the container. At least my soul stones did.....
Yeah that's how mine looked. It was a bit misleading because even though it showed every individual item in my bank, it still displayed the content quantity for each container. So if I had a bag full of weapons, it would show each individual weapon and then when I hover over the bag, it would still show something like 96/125. That's misleading because if you haven't accessed the account in a long time and don't know what you have, it makes it seem like you have all of these individual items PLUS containers full of other things.