• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

one more report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but in UK we have free speech so I can say what I like (within the T&C's)
I did not make this stuff up, it's used as an alternative for those of us that are not religious.
I'll start using A.D. when somebody can show me actual proof "the son of God" was born then (even Christian scholars cannot decide)

It was "dangerous" for people to say the sun did not rotate around the Earth......but they were right,
It was "dangerous" to say we were not the centre of the galaxy.....but they were right,
It was "dangerous" to say you don't believe in god........ECT.

To be honest though, people need to lighten up and stop snowflaking about everything these days. ;)

For starters, I'm not the one snowflaking here, you are, you're the one changing words to placate yours and others sensibilities so you don't get offended by imaginary beings.

I don't mind things being changed, but this is a backdoor whitewash. It is a subversive attempt at re-writing history.
I know you are not responsible for it, but you are responsible for propagating it, as you did in your initial post, hence I held you to account for it.

How come you are so offended by one imaginary being, and not all the others I provided evidence of from many different religions/cultures?
Are you specifically on an anti Christian Witch-hunt, or just anti Jesus?

I don't believe in God, I don't believe Jesus was the son of God.

I believe the Bible is up there with the greatest historical document of all time.
I believe Jesus the man existed, and he was some sort of rebel Hans Solo against the Empire, who has inspired billions since, how do you think people relate to him so much?
As well as disputing his birthdate - you seem to have inferred you dispute his existence as a man a couple of times. That is the bit that is wrong - both Muslims and Christians hold him up as an important prophet, as do most worldwide religions.

There is enough factual 3rd party evidence to substantiate his existence, much of it written by his enemies. So what if we cannot place his birthday to the exact day, so what if it has all been embellished, it's the concepts that matter, and their contribution to mankind's development.
When we are ready to move on, we move on, but we don't need to burn the books, dynamite the the buildings, and cover up the words that are evidence of our roots.
We lose so much if we do that.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG!!!!!!
I simply stated a fact, you jumped all over it claiming i'm trying to delete history.(snowflaking)
Like you said, "when we are ready to move on, we move on" so you basically answered your own argument....that you are having with yourself I might add ;)
Religion was invented by man to control the masses, END OF.

I have not claimed we should "burn books" or that everybody should stop being religious if they so please (though that would solve almost every war in the world today)
You have twisted words and pieced together my posts from different threads thus taking them out of context, just so you can have this "argument" which I really don't care if you like it or not.
The world is changing, we are growing up, we no longer believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden, the moon made of cheese or the boogy man.....and soon we shall give up religion (hopefully)
Whether you can deal with this fact is your problem not mine and you will have to come to terms with that yourself.

And stop taking everything so personally, I have not once said any of my posts are directly for you.

And Mods, get off your butts and close this thread now, it's just a baiting thread now and the OP question was answered LONG ago.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you feel the need to change the beautiful artistic culturally significant A.D. ?
You are offended by it, or you are scared of offending others? {Snowflaking}.

You instead chose to use the banal generic meaningless Common Era?

You need to look at your thought processes, and what you are doing.

"Religion was invented by man to control the masses, END OF."
I have no issues with that as a statement - however try and see the other side of the coin - it gave comfort to a lot of people also.

I have moved on, I'm the one at peace with myself here (and everyone else!!), you are the one who is being offended by a word that has global meaning and usage and feels the need to change it - that wasn't me. Stop being so offended by little things.

I do care if you start destroying our culture for no good reason though - yes.
I see the art.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Religion was invented by man to control the masses, END OF.
There is a lot of evidence that people made religion before there were masses. Small cultures did unexplained things you could attribute to some sort of religion. If you were able to isolate a group of babies and put them on a remote island with no contact with others, they would probably make up a creation story within that generation.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This thread is so far derailed it's time for a lock. No posts have been removed and I appreciate everyone refraining from personal attacks and things like that throughout the thread.

I'd like to point out this part of the Stratics Rules of Conduct though since a few posts were approaching the boundary of it: "Prohibited Activites: content which is derogatory in nature aimed at defaming or lobbying against people of a specific culture or religion."

Status
Not open for further replies.