• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Concept: New Champions and an ultimate encounter

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So I thought about this the other day when thinking about Sports etc, you got UK, they have a foot ball league but if you go to Spain, they have their own league as well. They also compete in a Champion's league and it got my mind thinking.

The game has it's basic Champ spawns that make up the "fel" side of things

Baracoon
Semidar
Mephitis
Lord Oaks
Neira
Rikktor

and their skulls give way to the Harrower

What if we looked at a new set of champions (and skulls) for a different facet like Malas/Ishlenar

Minotaur Spawn
Corrupt Spawn
Sleeping Dragon Spawn
Glade Spawn
Abyssal Infernal Spawn
Primeval Lich Spawn
Dragon Turtle Spawn

(this is 7 total)

Might need to subtract one but there should be some type of equivalent to the Harrower. I had originally tried to come up with some new champion ideas but there is already 7 existing ones to work with.

Some new replicas to look at might be The Blood pact, the vine cord sandals and I think there are some other artifacts out there, I forget the name but there is a shield with a lot of SDI and like 3-6 FCR in the throne room in Lake Austin that never got awarded in an EM event. What about Minax's "Doom Kiss" ? (Bladed staff with spell chan +1 FC, 50% HCI, 35% ssi, 300% DMG increase :p)

I thought it would be cool if they then gave a drop on the original harrower and the "new" harrower that unlocks a newer type of ultimate encounter. Harrower 2.0 - super hard end game content. (Harrower is mostly a placeholder title here)

What type of reward should come with that? +50 stat scroll? Pieces for a high end armor set for a mage/dexxer ? A "balanced" (good) spellbook for mages finally?

Obviously the encounter should be super high end.

No slayer vulnerability
Immune to life leech
Make pets turn wild

Just something to really challenge the player base but ultimately reward them for persevering and completing the encounter.

What do you think? The goal was to make the existing content relevant again but open up a chance for newer content.

You hardly hear about people doing harrowers because a lot of their characters have their +25 stat scrolls and those newer champs don't see that much love so this gives people a reason to get out there and do things.

I think the one issue is that obviously the fel champs get power scroll drops. What can be done to make Ishlenar/Malas champs appealing?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the one issue is that obviously the fel champs get power scroll drops. What can be done to make Ishlenar/Malas champs appealing?
Give them power scroll drops

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Give them power scroll drops
I have a feeling this would be the main point of contention throughout the post. For the sake of discussion between Fel people and everyone else, let's pretend both sides get their way and focus on the next question:

Does this appeal to you? Would this make you want to do the other champ spawns? Would you want to see different spawns? (Orc Spawn? Elementalist type spawn?) Does the idea of a "Harrower" of the new set of champs appeal to you?

What about the idea of combining whatever it is the new and old harrower drop to fight something else ? (We're talking 12 skulls, then fighting 2 different harrower types for an opportunity to fight something pretty tough but need appealing loot)

What do you think?

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always thought something like this should have been added for peerless monsters. Mainly the 3 that are accessible in both tram and fel. Lady Mel, Shimmering Effusion, and Chief Paroxysmus. Gather the skulls or something off of those 3 and use them to pop another uber boss. Add some new drops to both sides with the properties being slightly better if rewarded in fel. No power scrolls or stat scrolls, we already have that. For instance an item that say replaces a half apron that has some decent mods/stats on it and luck or something. So say you got said half apron in tram and it had 75 luck on it or some such the same item in fel would have 150 luck. The fel items should always be somewhat better but not restricted to VvV or any crap like that. Useable by anyone but If you want the better version you could always buy it or get it yourself. Or go for the lesser versions in tram which would allow people to actually get either version of said item. Both items still useful but one facets is a little better. Kind of like the Obi with the +5 or +10 focus versions. Just an idea to throw out there. It would create pvp in the fel peerless dungeons as people would have to get the keys to do the peerless and retrieve the skulls or whatever. Super boss spawns in a random location much like the harrower. That would give fel players something else to compete over besides powerscrolls and would be a change of scenery. New choke points and different environments to deal with as well. Let the new fun begin.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I always thought something like this should have been added for peerless monsters. Mainly the 3 that are accessible in both tram and fel. Lady Mel, Shimmering Effusion, and Chief Paroxysmus. Gather the skulls or something off of those 3 and use them to pop another uber boss. Add some new drops to both sides with the properties being slightly better if rewarded in fel. No power scrolls or stat scrolls, we already have that. For instance an item that say replaces a half apron that has some decent mods/stats on it and luck or something. So say you got said half apron in tram and it had 75 luck on it or some such the same item in fel would have 150 luck. The fel items should always be somewhat better but not restricted to VvV or any crap like that. Useable by anyone but If you want the better version you could always buy it or get it yourself. Or go for the lesser versions in tram which would allow people to actually get either version of said item. Both items still useful but one facets is a little better. Kind of like the Obi with the +5 or +10 focus versions. Just an idea to throw out there. It would create pvp in the fel peerless dungeons as people would have to get the keys to do the peerless and retrieve the skulls or whatever. Super boss spawns in a random location much like the harrower. That would give fel players something else to compete over besides powerscrolls and would be a change of scenery. New choke points and different environments to deal with as well. Let the new fun begin.
I thought about a compromise...

How about only 105 and 110s awarded in the trammel rule set shards? If they could be somehow made to not be used in a scrollbinder it would be perfect. Relatively low risk for new or returning players to get powerscrolls.

The peerless would be great to incorporate somehow as well.

I think there is serious potential here.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree that 105 and 110 scrolls obtained in trammel would be a nice addition if you could not bind them. Hell at that rate you could also do the same for a tram harrower where you get tram skulls pop the tram version of the harrower in the tram star room and get 5 and 10 stat scrolls that do not bind as well. Would give new players a chance to get a stat boost as well as teach them the mechanics of the entire process. A lot of players probably don't even realize the star room exists or what to do there. Toss in the peerless encounter and there is a lot of potential I think.