• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok...who stole Europa?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As above.....Europa is missing and the Phoenix had nothing to do with it this time.

(yes, i know it's a parrot but you try finding a picture of a puzzled Phoenix....)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohh FFS!!!!!!!!
another 2 hour revert!.....now i've lost the Naga i had just bonded and was training.....getting more than just a joke this.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As above.....Europa is missing and the Phoenix had nothing to do with it this time.

Oh we also dropped using Phoenix. When we realised we actually had no proof it actually existed or could even raise from the ashes, but we don't discuss that sort of stuff here ;)
We call it I.R.F.R now - Imaginary Red Flying Reptile.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh we also dropped using Phoenix. When we realised we actually had no proof it actually existed or could even raise from the ashes, but we don't discuss that sort of stuff here ;)
We call it I.R.F.R now - Imaginary Red Flying Reptile.
Hmph...i accept your poor attempt at Baiting and give you.....

Drops mic. :p

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice piccie, wtf is that? :)

And, Europa is considered a boundary, Nationalistic and seriously politically incorrect, we now call it Sector 458. :cool:

{Also from Greek Mythology - Europa (mythology) - Wikipedia }
That was a picture of the Bearded Vulture.
Myth is always based however losely on facts and since the Phoenix was an ancient Egyptian bird before the Greeks got hold of it, whose to say it didnt exist but we hunted it to extinction.

Oh and i was refering to Europa "the shard".

I'd quit before this gets painful :pie:;):D:lol:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not covering up or deleting, it's just moving with modern times.
As somebody from the UK you will be all to familiur that language evolves and we dont us "ye'olde" english anymore, we are not saying it didnt happen but just that we have moved on.
I am no longer forced to believe in mythical beasts or gods so why should i aknowledge them every time i write a date?
AD as the religious scholars have already admitted is "vauge" as there is a 5 year +/- the the "birth of christ" anyway.
CE simply replaces the term AD nothing more. ;)

So having made this statement, with the parts highlighted;
You now make this statement?

That was a picture of the Bearded Vulture.
Myth is always based however losely on facts and since the Phoenix was an ancient Egyptian bird before the Greeks got hold of it, whose to say it didnt exist but we hunted it to extinction.
Oh and i was refering to Europa "the shard".
I'd quit before this gets painful :pie:;):D:lol:

You can see my confusion surely.
On one level, you deny the existence of anything mythical, historical or that has influenced our culture in a massive way, and want to replace everything with generic Orwellian style cover-up words.
On the other hand, you maintain using them, and in fact defend them.

I'm giving you the options if we take your viewpoint to its full extent.

Which do you think is better?

The one where we acknowledge our past, and maintain the beauty of our roots, development and cultures and how they intertwine and got us to where we are today or;

The one where we whitewash over anything that might remotely offend anyone at all and make everything 100% generic and homogeneous.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's quite easy really.....but you really are digging yourself deeper... ;)
The quote about AD or CE is in fact about Real Life.
My obsession with the Phoenix is about pixels in a game......

You need to keep both seperate or it's time to see the head doctors :)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's quite easy really.....but you really are digging yourself deeper... ;)
The quote about AD or CE is in fact about Real Life.
My obsession with the Phoenix is about pixels in a game......

You need to keep both seperate or it's time to see the head doctors :)

I don't care about your obsession with the phoenix obviously.

I care about your real life cavalier destruction of our language and culture, and the totalitarian state you are marching us towards.

“If thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought”.
George Orwell

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"We spend a great deal of time studying history, which, let's face it, is mostly the history of stupidity."
Stephen Hawking

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
Samuel Levenson

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't believe this one hasn't been tossed out yet....

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. (Mr. Rushford my science teacher... though I'm sure someone famous probably said it first.)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
my personal favorite:

"No matter where you go, there you are" made popular by Buckaroo Bonzai but no one really knows where it originated.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"My dad once told me, laugh and the world laughs with you, Cry, and I'll give you something to cry about you little *******!"
Jeff Goldblum

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!
- Audrey Hepburn

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chaos and Order are not enemies, only opposites. Chaos and Order combined equal balance...

Richard Garriott

:gee: