• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

one more report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalexpor

Adventurer
originally, i like to be calm.
but, last one more report.

there is a spell called "nether cyclone" in mysticism skill of uo. and the spell "nether cyclone" has its own sound effect.
but, the sound effect file of "calssic client" was changed with a mixed file that has a "apparent" person's voice.
so, i guess that my pc or uo server(client download server) was hacked, or it can be a "supply chain attack",
or it was intended to do so, originally.

it can be heard well, wearing a headphone.
i use classic client.

can players check it?

(today is A.D. 2018, june, 01, in korean time zone.)

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear the same sound it has always been? Perhaps it's just your headphones....

Oh we also dropped using A.D. when we realised we actually had no proof he actually existed or was born on that day if he did, but we don't discuss that sort of stuff here ;)
We call it C.E. now (Common Era)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Oh we also dropped using A.D. when we realised we actually had no proof he actually existed or was born on that day if he did, but we don't discuss that sort of stuff here ;)
We still call it A.D.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Freedom, is a great thing.

(although most still think AD stands for 'After the Death' of christ :rolleyes2: )

I can almost hear people opening up Google now.... ;)

kalexpor

Adventurer
thank you, slayvite for your checking the sound effect.
then, maybe, only the "korean version of uo classic client" works so.
the voice is very similiar to my voice when young. so, i could notice it.
at least, it is asian voice.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Toeing the line here...

While I'm considered a non believer; to doubt that the actual man Jesus actually existed is kind of silly. Historical documents certainly prove he did exist.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thank you, slayvite for your checking the sound effect.
then, maybe, only the "korean version of uo classic client" works so.
the voice is very similiar to my voice when young. so, i could notice it.
at least, it is asian voice.
Maybe you are picking up background noise (radio interference) through your headphones and speakers.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree there are a few different sounds mixed into the 'nether cyclone' effect, i think it's just one of those sounds that you brain tries to put meaning to, like those ones on FB where they tell you 2 words and you can actually pick out those words from the noise.

kalexpor

Adventurer
thank you slayvite very much!
and i want to ask where do you use the classic client of uo? i just want to confirm that it is not only with "korean version of classic client". you can answer to me as like europe or america or so.
(but, there is no method to confirm whether the a few different sound you agree you have heard, is the same sound i heard, or not. but maybe it is same, i guess.)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh sorry yeah, i'm using the Europa shard of the CC from UK. ;)
It may well be a different sound you hear than we hear in Europe, perhaps the official forum may be better as you're more likley to get a response from one of the game Devs there.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today is the first time I've ever heard C.E. ever used. I had to go and google it, and it appears to be another politically correct syndrome.
I'm English, I speak Queen's English with Received Pronunciation, and We don't call it this.

I'm not religious, but to question the existence of a man whose impact on most world religion, history and culture one way or another is massive - is beyond logic.
What are they teaching in schools these days?
In fact, my boys learned AD and BC recently, so where did you even get this from?

Freedom, is a great thing.
Freedom is a great thing, but freedom to spread disinfomation - is THE big modern day problem.

I've tried to steer clear of any religious or political aspects here - I quite frankly believe in neither.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why use BCE/CE instead of BC/AD?

But yes, it's simply because i like many others no longer believe in that religious hocus pocus so using the term AD (Anno Domini / year of our Lord) the same way i dont say "god bless you" after somebody sneezes

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why use BCE/CE instead of BC/AD?

But yes, it's simply because i like many others no longer believe in that religious hocus pocus so using the term AD (Anno Domini / year of our Lord) the same way i dont say "god bless you" after somebody sneezes
Forgetting all religious hocus pocus, why not recognize it for the historical significance and achievement and build from there?

Otherwise, you have to restart your reference point - where does that begin?
Is it from the Egyptian times - ie 3000 years before, is it from the beginning of mankind - which again we cannot place.

You are trying to erase mankind's history by covering it up/replacing it.
This is what a certain group with a certain ideology physically did in a certain country, when they demolished ancient city sites and artifacts in an attempt deny history and start with a clean slate.

Mankind loses so much of it's history and beauty if you act like that.
If you bury your roots, you condemn that period to being another dark age, where no knowledge of it exists for future generations.

I will stop now, because this is obviously sailing close to the board rules.
But I'm not looking at it from religious/political - I'm looking at it from the perspective of mankind's history/development.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not covering up or deleting, it's just moving with modern times.
As somebody from the UK you will be all to familiur that language evolves and we dont us "ye'olde" english anymore, we are not saying it didnt happen but just that we have moved on.
I am no longer forced to believe in mythical beasts or gods so why should i aknowledge them every time i write a date?
AD as the religious scholars have already admitted is "vauge" as there is a 5 year +/- the the "birth of christ" anyway.
CE simply replaces the term AD nothing more. ;)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not covering up or deleting, it's just moving with modern times.
As somebody from the UK you will be all to familiur that language evolves and we dont us "ye'olde" english anymore, we are not saying it didnt happen but just that we have moved on.
I am no longer forced to believe in mythical beasts or gods so why should i aknowledge them every time i write a date?
AD as the religious scholars have already admitted is "vauge" as there is a 5 year +/- the the "birth of christ" anyway.
CE simply replaces the term AD nothing more. ;)

You will be burning books next. ;)

They are also old, irrelevant in the modern day and some contain subversive ideas.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Books? Books........Ohh yeah those old paper things i used to read as a kid.....All online these days ;)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Books? Books........Ohh yeah those old paper things i used to read as a kid.....All online these days ;)

As a complete aside - and taking this in another direction, but slightly related.

It is not possible to store digital information for that long a period.
Technological formats/platforms are going out of date fast - (20 years), magnetic/electronic data does not store for so long before it wears out.

If anything were to happen on a Global scale, or if we don't find a more permanent way to store our knowledge - in 100 or 200 years time, we would completely lose all records of our history and technological progress.
We would genuinely be pushed back to another Dark Ages - and have to start again.

In 200 years, they may have more evidence/knowledge about Ancient Romans/Egyptians and Jesus, than they know about us and our lives today.
This is a very real issue right now.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quantum Data Storage in a Single Atom Brings New Computing Era Closer to Reality

Who says we don't already know everything about the universe....we just dont know how to access it yet. ;)
Oh and yes i do believe we are the Humanity Experiment V3.
:tinhat:

Yep, I've read about the atom research - very exciting. :)

And yes, we could be on the XXX version of mankind, our recorded history is only 5,000 years, what's happened to the millions of years before that?

I keep an open mind about everything.
That's why I get wound up about covering up/deleting/brainwashing/political correctness - I see all that as quite closed minded actions designed to re-write history.
You might not "believe" in something, but you can "acknowledge" it happened.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know you may be right with "something screwy" is going on with the effects in UO...only pouches and back packs and 'old containers' now make an opening noise, every other container is now silent when i open it?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am i the only one that plays with the volume muted? Isn't thatwhat music is for?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm home now, seriously drunk, had a fantastic night at karaoke.
Hopefully I get my facts right here, this could be interesting.
Song number 1 and 2 went brilliantly, song 3 I completely screwed the timing up on. :D

This sentence of yours here, you still do by the way, are you going to change every single word in the English language based on it's ancient origin?
These origins come from Greek, Norse, Roman, Ancient English, Egyptian, Arabic/Hindu (number system), European etc. Do we bury all of these and change them all as well?
Our Language is far more multi-cultural, global, diverse and inclusive than you seem to realise.

Monday = from the old English Moon Day when the pagans and Norse believed the moon was a goddess - do we need to change that to keep people happy?
Tuesday = Tiu's day/Ares day, Mars day in the various languages - ie the day of the God of War.
Wednesday = Wodins day - ie the Messenger gods day.
Thursday = Thors day = the day of the God of Thunder, or the supreme God of Norse mythology.
Friday = Freyas day = the Goddes of Love in many cultures.
Saturday = Saturns day, the God of Agriculture.
Sunday = The day of the Sun, again from pagan religion 3,000 years ago when the Druids were dancing around Stonehenge.

The Months of the Year are named after Roman gods for the most part, as are the Planets.

All Flora and Fauna are named in Latin which is now a defunct language, because that's how they started, New discoveries are named after people who pay enough, or the Inventor/Creator who discovered them, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Mythical Beasts are used commonly in Literature, in Gaming, naming Military Vehicles, Company Names etc. etc. etc.

Do we have to change our entire Language, and absolutely everything based on it's old politically non correct roots, or do we just change that one thing?

Why do we change just that one thing?

Why don't we celebrate the roots of our language, and understand where it arose from and why, it gives us much more depth and understanding of our own human history and development, rather than whitewashing it and erasing the roots of where we came from.

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Song number 1 and 2 went brilliantly, song 3 I completely screwed the timing up on. :D

This sentence of yours here, you still do by the way, are you going to change every single word in the English language based on it's ancient origin?
These origins come from Greek, Norse, Roman, Ancient English, Egyptian, Arabic, European etc. Do we bury all of these and change them all as well?
Our Language is far more multi-cultural, global and inclusive than you seem to realise.

Monday = from the old English Moon Day when the pagans and Norse believed the moon was a goddess - do we need to change that to keep people happy?
Tuesday = Tiu's day/Ares day, Mars day in the various languages - ie the day of the God of War.
Thursday = Thors day = the day of the God of Thunder, or the supreme God of Norse mythology.
Sunday = The day of the Sun, again from pagan religion 3,000 years ago when the Druids were dancing around Stonehenge.

The Months of the Year are named after Roman gods for the most part, as are the Planets.

All Flora and Fauna are named in Latin which is now a defunct language, because that's how they started, New discoveries are named after people who pay enough, or the Inventor/Creator who discovered them, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Mythical Beasts are used commonly in Literature, in Gaming, naming Military Vehicles etc. etc. etc.

Do we have to change our entire Language, and absolutely everything based on it's old politically non correct roots, or do we just change that one thing?

Why don't we celebrate the roots of our language, and understand where it arose from and why, it gives us much more depth and understanding of our own human history and development, rather than whitewashing it and erasing the roots of where we came from.
just call everything Pat to be non gender specific and pc, i guess :gee:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We change what we can, when we can.
Baby steps as people get scared if things change too quickly ;)
Changing the days of the week would never pass the masses, but simply putting C.E. instead of A.D. most people don't even use it so nobody really minds.
The same way people no longer sign their names and put VC at the beginning. (which i might add everybody should be doing especially in this day and age)

Again though as i seems to have really narked you with this,
You don't have too, i was just stating what many people are now doing in this Godless world we now live in. ;)

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
People should write Viet Cong instead of signing stuff?

Srs tip, I've never heard of the VC thing.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We change what we can, when we can.
Baby steps as people get scared if things change too quickly ;)
Changing the days of the week would never pass the masses, but simply putting C.E. instead of A.D. most people don't even use it so nobody really minds.
The same way people no longer sign their names and put VC at the beginning. (which i might add everybody should be doing especially in this day and age)

Again though as i seems to have really narked you with this,
It narks me, because it is more baby steps towards an Orwellian future.
It also narked me, because you were spreading disinformation via the internet.
I really do mind, you are screwing up our language, you have a hidden agenda I am not sure of yet and you are wiping the history of mankind.

The damage from these type of activities is currently huge in world culture.

Who is this "we" you speak of? The next totalitarian elite? It's certainly not me or anyone I know of, which puts me into the bracket of the controlled masses I guess.

Except I won't go that easily, if we want a free world, and a free internet, we need to fight this sort of disinformation and subversive concepts where they appear.

I've got this thread locked now for sure. :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not forcing anyone, simply informing.
I agree it's prob best to lock this thread now as it derailed about 12 stops ago. ;)

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm not forcing anyone, simply informing.
I agree it's prob best to lock this thread now as it derailed about 12 stops ago. ;)

You're the one who derailed it. Maybe keep that BS with your Tumblr pals next time.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Takes more than one to derail a thread and i might add that i was the one that answered the original question, but this is what i mean....it's now heading towards personal comments instead of friendly banter.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

These origins come from Greek, Norse, Roman, Ancient English, Egyptian, Arabic/Hindu (number system), European etc. Do we bury all of these and change them all as well?
Our Language is far more multi-cultural, global, diverse and inclusive than you seem to realise.

Mythical Beasts are used commonly in Literature, in Gaming, naming Military Vehicles, Company Names etc. etc. etc.

The Sumerians created the phonics and alphabet.

kalexpor

Adventurer
please, erase dangerous pictures for someone ill, in your reply.

and, slayvite, "simply informing" also can be dangerous for someone who does not know "A.D.",
so, i suggest for you to delete the reply which are against "A.D.".

when you can.

today is A.D. 2018,june,06, in korean time zone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May us be as we are.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

and, slayvite, "simply informing" also can be dangerous for someone who does not know "A.D.",

when you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May us be as we are.
Sorry but in UK we have free speech so I can say what I like (within the T&C's)
I did not make this stuff up, it's used as an alternative for those of us that are not religious.
I'll start using A.D. when somebody can show me actual proof "the son of God" was born then (even Christian scholars cannot decide)

It was "dangerous" for people to say the sun did not rotate around the Earth......but they were right,
It was "dangerous" to say we were not the centre of the galaxy.....but they were right,
It was "dangerous" to say you don't believe in god........ECT.

To be honest though, people need to lighten up and stop snowflaking about everything these days. ;)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

when you can.

May us be as we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.