• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ossein Ram

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite Possibly the most difficult critter I have ever tamed! Not that he was all that hard to tame, it was more the spawn surrounding him that is nearly impossible to lead him out of or the spawn away from him.

Osian Ram.jpg

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Name him King Kelmo
Sorry Kelmo, but I could not resist.
He look great, maybe a little big for a Ram but I can see on the web, that they can be big.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wh

where are they located?
Very end of LvL 4 Deceit heavy spawn with lots of liches and he is in the middle of Liches, Liche Lords and other Nasties that patrol and can open doors. The two I tamed on prodo were a lot easier since get him into the secret door hallway, recall and log out and in real quick to get him out. Can't recall out so have to run/ride out, only other options I can see for getting him out is spamming area peace all the way out, or carrying a bond potion and just let him get liche whacked and rez him once out.. Very easy tame at legendary only 72 taming. Would be a lot easier for 2 people to get them. One taking a GD and drawing of the spawn and the other getting him out of the main room to tame and friend guarding him while you get out and log. Then return the favor so your friend can get one. I just hope he is trains up to worthwhile give the number of death robes he earned me :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name him King Kelmo
He look great, maybe a little big for a Ram but I can see on the web, that they can be big.
LOL if they were not such a pain to tame.............. I would give them cute names and leave them on Kelmos Lawn :)

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Very end of LvL 4 Deceit heavy spawn with lots of liches and he is in the middle of Liches, Liche Lords and other Nasties that patrol and can open doors. The two I tamed on prodo were a lot easier since get him into the secret door hallway, recall and log out and in real quick to get him out. Can't recall out so have to run/ride out, only other options I can see for getting him out is spamming area peace all the way out, or carrying a bond potion and just let him get liche whacked and rez him once out.. Very easy tame at legendary only 72 taming. Would be a lot easier for 2 people to get them. One taking a GD and drawing of the spawn and the other getting him out of the main room to tame and friend guarding him while you get out and log. Then return the favor so your friend can get one. I just hope he is trains up to worthwhile give the number of death robes he earned me :)
You are one brave man sir.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are one brave man sir.
Do not confuse bravery with stupidity :) I do believe if I tame another one in the future I will take a bonding potion. Of course whether I tame another one totally depends on what this one trains out. Right now he looks cool but is not very impressive otherwise. The ones I have on Origin and Legends have bonded so going to start their training today and see if it was worth the effort.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name him King Kelmo
Looks more like a Goat Buck than a Sheep Ram to me but if they want to call a Buck and Ram then it is a Ram! I do believe though that the Ossein Rams should have been rideable would have been a cool mount for a Necro.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training one up on Origin, just beating bunnies for fast anatomy gains.... But his 200+ hits every now and then are rather impressive.

ram head butt.jpg

xhodan

Visitor
I know it's been some time since OP posted this, but I was wondering if you had any more experience with training these?

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there anyway to get the necro to "activate" without losing the parry mastery? Is there a way to keep the parry mastery on?

Baby Doll

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Creeger meanly yelled at me for being a pancake, so yes I altered this post to show respect to a sister pancake! :pancakes:

Last edited:

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the web, didn't they? Here, let me break this down for you since you're obviously raging too hard to figure it out....

xhodan necro-ed the thread, chester asked the question on a, now, active thread. xhodan has 7 posts and 1 like, so I'd guess he's new and maybe worthy of some slack.

xhodan

Visitor
o.o um... did I start something?

Anyways, I would like to know if you've had any more experience using this pet? Crazy how hard it hits, I'm assuming that's the battle defense ability it has. Finding it very hard to decide whether to keep him as is, or train a magic school like necro. Secondly, if I add AoE, like goo, will that remove all the other stuff?

Creeger

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@xhodan the original poster is no longer playing, so I doubt he'll answer. I don't know anything about taming, so I can't answer. If a knowledgeable Siege tamer doesn't chime in soon, you might have more luck here: UO Tamer

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ask your question on the taming page. So much knowledge there. They'll certainly be able to help... Much more than Siege

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but be careful with some of the "advice" you get there...there are some people posting a lot over there who have no clue what they're talking about... and still they like to clutter up the forum over there with their "knowledge"...