• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco lagging me bad...

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here's my deal in a nutshell.

I was having major problems with lag issues lately.
Screen freezing while my char would still be able to move (could hear him move and see him move on cart).
Big freezes when in fights.
Taking up to a minute to log in.

etc etc.... In two words: BIG LAG

I had my laptop cleaned out to see if that was the issue, and ran all kinds of programs to see if I could get it fixed.
Reinstalled EC, reinstalled Pinco's UI.
Nothing worked....

Just now, I turned off Pinco's UI and took the normal UI and guess what!?

The lag has disappeared!

Could anyone explain?
Would love to get back to use pinco's, but it was unplayable...

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards, Maleachi
ICQ 459 673 700

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So here's my deal in a nutshell.

I was having major problems with lag issues lately.
Screen freezing while my char would still be able to move (could hear him move and see him move on cart).
Big freezes when in fights.
Taking up to a minute to log in.

etc etc.... In two words: BIG LAG

I had my laptop cleaned out to see if that was the issue, and ran all kinds of programs to see if I could get it fixed.
Reinstalled EC, reinstalled Pinco's UI.
Nothing worked....

Just now, I turned off Pinco's UI and took the normal UI and guess what!?

The lag has disappeared!

Could anyone explain?
Would love to get back to use pinco's, but it was unplayable...

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards, Maleachi
ICQ 459 673 700
The better way is to get rid of the user data folder, then try to restore your character's profile.
Step by step you should understand where is the problem...

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you clarify Pinco?

I assume it is all the addons and extras that your UI provides that is slowing down my client.
Most options I use minimally, graphics settings are on really low and I don't see why it would be fixed if I would rebuild my characters unless I could run an older version of your UI.

The lag started to become unbarable around IDOC time... And if I remember correctly, 1 or 2 bigger UI patches were introduced shortly before that.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you clarify Pinco?

I assume it is all the addons and extras that your UI provides that is slowing down my client.
Most options I use minimally, graphics settings are on really low and I don't see why it would be fixed if I would rebuild my characters unless I could run an older version of your UI.

The lag started to become unbarable around IDOC time... And if I remember correctly, 1 or 2 bigger UI patches were introduced shortly before that.
no this has nothing to do with the UI.
make a backup of "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\"
then delete UserData
and try again

if it works start to copy "UserSettings.xml" and retry.

if it works copy the folder with your account name

then you can get rid of the backup.

In one of those passage you may find which file is causing the lag...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as an aside... when you swap between UIs in the Enchanced Client, it doesn't record the default FPS setting; make sure that's set to 60 FPS or higher if you are seeing lag, just to eliminate that possible cause.

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were right pinco.

I deleted the user data and started anew...
Lag was massively reduced immediately.

However, the vanilla client runs better still.

The biggest lagger seems to be the mobiles bar...
But I will look into this further when I have more time.

Edit:

After putting down some fields at a champ spawn it seems like I still lag badly.
Gold was dropped when it started.

Edit II:

As soon as a lot of things are going on on the screen, the UI gives up on me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were right pinco.

I deleted the user data and started anew...
Lag was massively reduced immediately.

However, the vanilla client runs better still.

The biggest lagger seems to be the mobiles bar...
But I will look into this further when I have more time.

Edit:

After putting down some fields at a champ spawn it seems like I still lag badly.
Gold was dropped when it started.
try to clear the chat log, maybe the buffer is too full...

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recently, im having same problem, takes 30sec-1min to log in and big lag problems, im not ready to delete user data & reset all macros for 6 temps atm... if i find out whats the problem ill let u know, ill be testing quite a few like mobiles bar, dynamic objects, quick detail window etc...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I had same problem copied my user data file to desktop then deleted it! I then reloaded uo letting it re install the folder! I then logged out and went in to my backup copy on the desktop and copied my account folder back over! Problem fixed and no macro's to remake!

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as an aside... when you swap between UIs in the Enchanced Client, it doesn't record the default FPS setting; make sure that's set to 60 FPS or higher if you are seeing lag, just to eliminate that possible cause.
FTW huuuge difference this made for me. I was running 20 FPS and went to 60 FPS. Like a new game almost.:thumbup:

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Pinco, but you have turned a fantastic UI into a memory hogging monster, it is making UO unplayable, memory count after selecting shard and cahracter alone hits 950,000k+ almost 100%cpu. I have deleted and uninstalled everything to do with the EC client your UI and my settings done a complete reinstall of the EC client, your UI and it is still the same.

I think your trying to add to much to it and have created as I said a memory hogging monster, and sadly I am no longer able to use your UI, it is a pity because until this last patch it was what the EC client should have been.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Pinco, but you have turned a fantastic UI into a memory hogging monster, it is making UO unplayable, memory count after selecting shard and cahracter alone hits 950,000k+ almost 100%cpu. I have deleted and uninstalled everything to do with the EC client your UI and my settings done a complete reinstall of the EC client, your UI and it is still the same.

I think your trying to add to much to it and have created as I said a memory hogging monster, and sadly I am no longer able to use your UI, it is a pity because until this last patch it was what the EC client should have been.
has nothing to do with the features, it's just a temporary bug with the chat history...

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't do anything but agree with Greywolf here.
Vanilla UI; 350-450mb
Pinco's UI; 750mb+ at start
Hopefully, it is like you say Pinco, a chat bug of some sort.

Deleted user data, UI works fine at first.
Run into a big mob of monsters, UI laaaaaaaaaags.
So deleting the user data doesn't do the trick for me.

I have turned all options to minimal and it makes no difference.

For now, I can not use your UI.
A shame really.

Hopefully you can fix whatever is lagging the client.

Kind regards, Maleachi

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't do anything but agree with Greywolf here.
Vanilla UI; 350-450mb
Pinco's UI; 750mb+ at start
Hopefully, it is like you say Pinco, a chat bug of some sort.

Deleted user data, UI works fine at first.
Run into a big mob of monsters, UI laaaaaaaaaags.
So deleting the user data doesn't do the trick for me.

I have turned all options to minimal and it makes no difference.

For now, I can not use your UI.
A shame really.

Hopefully you can fix whatever is lagging the client.

Kind regards, Maleachi
The memory usage is not an issue, since the whole UI is loaded into the memory, the lag is caused by something else and I think I figured out what is it.

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated the UI and so far it seems ok...

Will have to wait till I get into some big pvp fights to be sure that everything is fine again though.

Keep you updated!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
dont forget to make sure all your graphic settings are set to what you normaly run and fps are set

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated the UI and so far it seems ok...

Will have to wait till I get into some big pvp fights to be sure that everything is fine again though.

Keep you updated!
run into a champion spawn like neira should be a good test :p

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well mate... At first it seemed decent, lag was reduced.
But after a while, the lag kicked back in.

Less laggy as it was before, but it doesn't come close to the smoothness of the vanilla EC. :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well mate... At first it seemed decent, lag was reduced.
But after a while, the lag kicked back in.

Less laggy as it was before, but it doesn't come close to the smoothness of the vanilla EC. :(
I don't see all that lag...
I'm able to enter the game in 5 seconds vs the 30 seconds of the version 5.0 and run through a champion spawn without stuck at all.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am getting pretty unbearable lag upon log in since the last Pinko patch. I open client, select shard, character, then it hangs for AGES. The UI loads but the game screen remains black for a good while, sometimes it seems like it is not going to even load, and bringing up the task manager says the game is 'not responding' then after about a minute the game loads up.

It has done this every time since that last patch. If i change the UI to default, I log in instantly. Soon as I switch back i get the same lag again and ditto ditto, load default, instant log in, load Pinko's get massive lag on log in.

It didn't do this before that last patch, have only noticed it the last 2 days.

cheers

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting pretty unbearable lag upon log in since the last Pinko patch. I open client, select shard, character, then it hangs for AGES. The UI loads but the game screen remains black for a good while, sometimes it seems like it is not going to even load, and bringing up the task manager says the game is 'not responding' then after about a minute the game loads up.

It has done this every time since that last patch. If i change the UI to default, I log in instantly. Soon as I switch back i get the same lag again and ditto ditto, load default, instant log in, load Pinko's get massive lag on log in.

It didn't do this before that last patch, have only noticed it the last 2 days.

cheers
1) there is a new patch to fix it

2) get rid of the "NewChatWindow" folder inside userdata

this 2 steps will stabilize everything.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has nothing to do with the features, it's just a temporary bug with the chat history...

Hi Pinco

Yes you was right I worked that one out eventually, like Jack_Flash I do kind of lose it a bit, when things do not go right, especially with a crash when I am neck deep in spawn, I do apologize, if I was rude in anyway. I still find logging in with every character still lagging. Is there anyway to switch off the chat history completely??, it is not really any use to me to be honest.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco

Yes you was right I worked that one out eventually, like Jack_Flash I do kind of lose it a bit, when things do not go right, especially with a crash when I am neck deep in spawn, I do apologize, if I was rude in anyway. I still find logging in with every character still lagging. Is there anyway to switch off the chat history completely??, it is not really any use to me to be honest.
that's because you still have the old history. Just delete one more time "NewChatWindow" from UserData and the lag is gone...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem is it keeps coming back, i deleted mine, fixed the problem for a day then back to taking minutes to load up when logging in, and the new chat window folder is back in all its glory :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is it keeps coming back, i deleted mine, fixed the problem for a day then back to taking minutes to load up when logging in, and the new chat window folder is back in all its glory :(
make sure you are using the latest UI version, then delete once more the folder and all will be fine.

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well mate... I am sorry.

Doesn't work well enough for me... I'd be using the vanilla client constantly now if it would work with cartographer.
The lag is not as bad as it was previously, but still... It's a bit like Llewen's thread; http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-enhanced-client-discussion/260922-severe-lag-every-time-i-am-dumped-pvp.html

If I get dumped on, I stop moving, if too much pvp actions go on on the screen I stop moving...

*shrugs*
It's not the UI, there is nothing causing freeze in the code when someone enter the screen.
The client have a basic issue of slowing down when many mobiles enter the screen and if your PC is not powerful enough the client get stuck.

T

Tazar

It's not the UI, there is nothing causing freeze in the code when someone enter the screen.
The client have a basic issue of slowing down when many mobiles enter the screen and if your PC is not powerful enough the client get stuck.
My only severe lag is during log-in.

When I log in, it takes up to 2 minutes from the time I select a character to when I actually see the character. I log in at my home in Malas were mobiles might be 1 sheep and maybe 1 vampire bat. I can guarantee you that my PC is powerful enough (I've had as many as 12 instances of UO running at once with the default interface with no problems). There is a 20 to 30 second lag when logging in with the default interface.

If it is not something with the Pinco's Interface, I really can't imagine what else it could be.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I had this same problem with my tamer! I deleted the chat folder THEN updated pinco's and now its about 10 seconds compared to the 30+ it was

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's loading the last session's chat log for some reason. I just kept deleting the newchat folder till it eventually worked.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically the newchatwindow folder cause lag when it grows in size. Keep an eye on it.
Before this patch I notice it can reach over 1 MB. Actually it just save 50 lines per character so if you are using always the same characters it should keep the same size.

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to disable or remove the new chat window, or disable it from saving altogether? I use to use the ui, and I love it! Its a great addition to the game, but unfortunately it causes me to lag horribly every sense the patch that saves chat. I have confirmed this by deleting the newchatwindow folder, and ill be lag free for just a little while, then it goes right back to being a lag monster. If I use the defult ui, I run lag free all the time, so please dont say that it couldn't be caused by this, or that my pc might not be powerfull enough, because my pc if far more then enough to run lag free with uo. Like I said, I love the ui, and I really wanna use it again, so please help me disable this and use it lag free.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to disable or remove the new chat window, or disable it from saving altogether? I use to use the ui, and I love it! Its a great addition to the game, but unfortunately it causes me to lag horribly every sense the patch that saves chat. I have confirmed this by deleting the newchatwindow folder, and ill be lag free for just a little while, then it goes right back to being a lag monster. If I use the defult ui, I run lag free all the time, so please dont say that it couldn't be caused by this, or that my pc might not be powerfull enough, because my pc if far more then enough to run lag free with uo. Like I said, I love the ui, and I really wanna use it again, so please help me disable this and use it lag free.
it's not the chat anymore, actually the latest client patch destoyed the client and it will lag in any case since the client cannot clear/update the cache anymore...
Before that patch I spent 1 month to optimize the code and my UI was much more clean than default, but we all shall thanks the devs for: "Fixed crash when dynamic objects or mobiles are drawn and deleted continually" that seems to make all worst -.-​

Personally I'm unable to play in this conditions and I just played 30 minutes at week since the latest patch just for taking the items from the latest events...

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm unconvinced that it is the new client. Ive had this problem sense be for the last client patch, and as I said, I do not lag unless I am running Pinco's ui. I would be very thankful if you tell me how to disable the new chat stuff, it would satisfy my curiosity in this area. I really wanna try what ever I can to get Pinco's to run with acceptable lag. The new guild I joined requires us to use cartographer, and that's not possible for me unless I can get Pinco's working for me.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm unconvinced that it is the new client. Ive had this problem sense be for the last client patch, and as I said, I do not lag unless I am running Pinco's ui. I would be very thankful if you tell me how to disable the new chat stuff, it would satisfy my curiosity in this area. I really wanna try what ever I can to get Pinco's to run with acceptable lag. The new guild I joined requires us to use cartographer, and that's not possible for me unless I can get Pinco's working for me.
You can't remove the new chat and it's not that. Disable the damage info and the you see text instead that requires more resources to be shown.

xxrod17xx

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok for me the folder: NewChatWindow is located in program files (x86)>Electronic Arts>Ultima Online Enchaced Client> User Interface>Pinco's UI>Mods. Is the the correct folder? The reason I am asking is because when I delete to folder or even just the xml file inside the folder it disables a number of things in the UI. For one I cannot see how much damage I am doing to the mob anymore, more importantly I cannot open the user settings window. Also, I cannot see my skills in the tracker any more, or the durability of my suit. Any ideas?

xxrod17xx

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Another Bug since deleting the xml file is that I cannot click my vendor to see what is inside or collect gold and such. Nor can I buy from a vendor that I do not own

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, the folder is inside "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\"
but actually doesn't change so much unless you don't use 20 accounts....

Until the client is broken you will lag, you all must accept that or back to CC ...

Desa2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, your failing to understand that a a lot of us are not lagging in enhanced client. Me for an example, I run enhanced client completely lag free, but when I use your ui, I lag so bad that the game becomes unplayable. So I'm confused on how its the clients fault that your ui lags people... I'm not trying to put down the ui in anyway, I love it, and want to use it, but it seems that you refuse to accept that on some systems or situations, that your ui would cause lag.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've experienced some issues that are only with the UI for sure. For example login fresh and try to move items around, expand windows for containers, or click on things with Pincos UI and it doesn't always register the click of the mouse. The mouse click appears delayed or not at all. This does not happen with the default UI. I didn't load the latest UI until about 3-4 months ago I was running an old version, once I patched up with the new UI these things started to surface. Now I know the latest EC patch definately broke some things, but I was having the issues I listed above before they broke the EC.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, your failing to understand that a a lot of us are not lagging in enhanced client. Me for an example, I run enhanced client completely lag free, but when I use your ui, I lag so bad that the game becomes unplayable. So I'm confused on how its the clients fault that your ui lags people... I'm not trying to put down the ui in anyway, I love it, and want to use it, but it seems that you refuse to accept that on some systems or situations, that your ui would cause lag.
The default UI requires 90% less data of my UI, the more data you request, the more will be cached, the more data is cached the more you lag because the game cannot release it.

Until the client is broken there is no way to determine any cause of lag.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for the past couple days I experienced what I thought was either packetloss or terrible latency.

The kinda where you're running and you stop for a second, and can see other people running by you and you start to move again but then you stop again.

At first I thought it was my connection. I relogged and it went away. Then it came back again, I relogged again switch to default UI and it went away again. This was down in a dungeon where there were no houses etc.

I don't think this will be easy to pinpoint but there is definitely something going on. I don't know if it's EC or Pinco's or both. I'll record it next time. Is there any type of debugging information I can get for you next time this happens?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So for the past couple days I experienced what I thought was either packetloss or terrible latency.

The kinda where you're running and you stop for a second, and can see other people running by you and you start to move again but then you stop again.

At first I thought it was my connection. I relogged and it went away. Then it came back again, I relogged again switch to default UI and it went away again. This was down in a dungeon where there were no houses etc.

I don't think this will be easy to pinpoint but there is definitely something going on. I don't know if it's EC or Pinco's or both. I'll record it next time. Is there any type of debugging information I can get for you next time this happens?
you can only check the Error Logs (RIGHT-CLICK the EC Playsound icon in the system tray and select Errors Log Viewer), if there are any errors, you'll see them there... unfortunately there is no debugging tool available to track the resources :(

I have a couple of suspects tho (since it happens only to few people), try to check if and what quests you have active, there are still few quests the UI fail to parse and may cause problems...

Oh and in any case the current problem has nothing to do with this ancient post problems :D

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I reconnected and connected again using Pinco's and it went away