• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blackthorn dungeon jail now active under Felucca

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Felucca facet, I just got transported to the poison room in the Blackthorn basement.

In related news, the Minax Items Vendor in Baja Luna is closing up shop.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So much for self policing. That sux tho. And One person said he was moving around and looting some bodies for gold and got put there twice, so he gave up.

North_LS

Journeyman
yeah, it's been active on LS for some time. I even get transported when i'm actively moving around. I used to like to train my animals there, too bad.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This will make working karma and fame back up on the balrons so much more annoying. :(

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Oh wow so you get teleported there if they determine you are doing something automated? Similiar to the old rooms in Bucs?

North_LS

Journeyman
not exactly - its supposed to work where if you stay in one place without moving for too long, youre teleported to a different room in the dungeon with a couple nasty mobs and poison gas. if you're afk, you obviously die. if you arent afk, its unbelievably annoying, and sometimes you still die if you arent paying 100% attention. to add to that, i've been teleported when i *wasnt* staying in one place without moving the past few times ive been down there. maybe i wasnt moving far enough from the same spot for whatever code is active now, but some of the areas are pretty constrained.

its not a deal breaker if i want to go farm evil mages on my sampire, but it makes it pretty tedious to go down and train pets on gold elementals when you get bounced to a poison room every 5-10 minutes.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tried again, was transported in about five minutes.
Yup. North is not the only one on LS saying they are getting transported while moving and a short amount of time.

I used to take new players there and leave them at a place that fit their abilities. Now I can't.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ahh so it's specific to behavior inside of the dungeon. That's interesting, were people afk farming that place?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ahh so it's specific to behavior inside of the dungeon. That's interesting, were people afk farming that place?
your funny!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hmm interesting. I never get transported there in Fel or Tram when I'm actively playing the game. If you're afking there, then it is working as intended.

Reactions: THP

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Intended" is so that the market does not become "saturated."

As far as I know, my vendor was the ONLY one in ALL of UO on ANY shard that was regularly selling Minax items, and people were buying the vendor empty within 48 hours of stocking. That's not saturated, Kyronix, you might want to rethink that, guy.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"Intended" is so that the market does not become "saturated."

As far as I know, my vendor was the ONLY one in ALL of UO on ANY shard that was regularly selling Minax items, and people were buying the vendor empty within 48 hours of stocking. That's not saturated, Kyronix, you might want to rethink that, guy.
Sorry Laura. Business is not productive anymore.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oddly enough I have spent a lot of time in Blackthorns Dungeon and never once been sent to that room. However I usually go in there with a caster of some sort. Casting energy vortexes and withering in wraith form or something similar, which also involves healing and curing oneself and doing a variety of different things. So maybe it targets specific repetitive behavior such as dexxers and tamers versus being in one location for a long time. Just a thought. Playing a caster in there is much harder to automate and stay alive without paying attention. You cannot just leave a character sit there and go fix a sandwich or go to the restroom or walk the dog and come back alive.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oddly enough I have spent a lot of time in Blackthorns Dungeon and never once been sent to that room. However I usually go in there with a caster of some sort. Casting energy vortexes and withering in wraith form or something similar, which also involves healing and curing oneself and doing a variety of different things. So maybe it targets specific repetitive behavior such as dexxers and tamers versus being in one location for a long time. Just a thought. Playing a caster in there is much harder to automate and stay alive without paying attention. You cannot just leave a character sit there and go fix a sandwich or go to the restroom or walk the dog and come back alive.
The shards are different. This started on LS a while back. It must have started on the OPs shard recently. I was there talking in chat and was sent to the poison room.

I used to hide my miner in the hall and kill Gold eles with my archer, then switch and grab the ingots and smelt them. I can not do that anymore. Where else does sitting still hiding send you to death?

Also this was not happening in Fel until now.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have not been able to hide for more than about 15 seconds if lucky in there for over a year or more now.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell I remember when they put that in. Half the time id leave the dungeon and id reveal everything hidden around me because it stuck to characters sometimes. That was probably more like 2-3 years ago now when the anti-hiding code went in.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hell I remember when they put that in. Half the time id leave the dungeon and id reveal everything hidden around me because it stuck to characters sometimes. That was probably more like 2-3 years ago now when the anti-hiding code went in.
Nope there was a line of tamers doing it daily until they put the movement thing in. Ill bet one paged on another because they were jealous. Here is when it changed on LS. Be careful in Blackthorns Dungeon!

Which toon are you?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I go to Blackthorns all the time on my Tamers never been teleported anywhere... Probably why the archer guy is always sitting at Hell Hounds never moving... Makes it rather difficult to complete that quest that wants you to kill so many of them.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My dexxers haven't been teleported out of the fel Balron room when I am farming karma and fame yet.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's sure Annoying