• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone found a "rope" recently on a kraken?

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey everyone! Quick question, has anyone recently found a "rope" on a kraken?

I'd like to build a Hitching Post replica at home and I need "rope" as an ingredient. I have tried net tossing, hook dredging and krakens in Shame and Wind park for several days, but I haven't found one...

Have I been extremely unlucky so far? Has anyone found one since the EJ update?

Daon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hardly... but yes. They drop rope anyway.
I got last weekend from kraken.
You can use fabled fishing net, spawn leviathan which always drop rope.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've got plenty of rope from Scalis Leviathans on Atlantic if you need any. I think it's selling for 30k each, which is way overpriced

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can always get ropes from the NPC Guard Captains near to West Brit Bank that love to should about invaders...
They work with the hitching post, and they’re free!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten a few from krakens using dredging hooks within the last m9nth
Good to know, I'll keep trying then!
Hardly... but yes. They drop rope anyway.
I got last weekend from kraken.
You can use fabled fishing net, spawn leviathan which always drop rope.
Guess I'll have to search for an ASOS to get a fabled net. No luck so far in opening MIBs
I've got plenty of rope from Scalis Leviathans on Atlantic if you need any. I think it's selling for 30k each, which is way overpriced
Thank you, but I'm still a few months away from my Shard Shields after coming back to the game, and I currently play Europa :)
You can always get ropes from the NPC Guard Captains near to West Brit Bank that love to should about invaders...
They work with the hitching post, and they’re free!
I don't understand this one, sorry. Do they sell them?

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Good to know, I'll keep trying then!
Guess I'll have to search for an ASOS to get a fabled net. No luck so far in opening MIBs
Thank you, but I'm still a few months away from my Shard Shields after coming back to the game, and I currently play Europa :)
I don't understand this one, sorry. Do they sell them?
No, if you double click on them, or the chest in front, it gives you a rope that was used to subdue rioters and invaders. This can then be used to create the ropes for the hitching post just like the kraken ones.
The NPC is in front on the guard tower south of the meeting place, on EU at least.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, if you double click on them, or the chest in front, it gives you a rope that was used to subdue rioters and invaders. This can then be used to create the ropes for the hitching post just like the kraken ones.
The NPC is in front on the guard tower south of the meeting place, on EU at least.
Thanks a bunch, Melchiah! Worked like a charm :)

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've killed a couple dozen kraken in the abyss and got several ropes. The kraken instantly respawn there. The pond is south of the green goblin spawn.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've killed a couple dozen kraken in the abyss and got several ropes. The kraken instantly respawn there. The pond is south of the green goblin spawn.
You must have one of those mythical accounts that gets drops. I farmed that hole on Siege for hours and not a single rope.