• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure Hunts...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will there ever come a time when T-maps are worth doing again? I know, I know, a lot of y'all are gonna talk about all the great stuff you get out of yours, yadda yadda yadda.

But really...most the loot on the mobs is unravels.
If we are really lucky we get maybe one good piece of loot out of the chest.
Devs killed the market for forged pardons.
The orbs no longer move, too many other things replaced them.
Can't remember how long its been since we pulled a decent scroll out of one.

Can we call this a bug and get it fixed soon?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I love to see more useful items in the loot and I would kill to see a Doom Recipe in a level 6 chest, you know the ones I speak of, that are going for like 174 million on Atlantic

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Agreed
About the only useful thing I ever get out of thunts are blue scrolls, and those spawn in low-level chests, so why did I spend the time raising skills to handle L6 and L7 spawns?
Also, I still see no reason to limit L6 maps only to miasmas - why the bottleneck?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Agreed
About the only useful thing I ever get out of thunts are blue scrolls, and those spawn in low-level chests, so why did I spend the time raising skills to handle L6 and L7 spawns?
Also, I still see no reason to limit L6 maps only to miasmas - why the bottleneck?
Ya I like to see that fixed as well.

Publish 100 - Crushing Bugs

As we've mentioned before, our goal after Endless Journey with Publish 100 will be a bug push where we concentrate on fixing as many bugs as possible. If you have a bug that you would especially like to see fixed please send it to us here. You can also post bugs in the UO.com Bug Forum. Note that unless we need more information from your email we generally don't respond. For forum posts you may not receive an immediate response but we do read them and will ramp up on this in Publish 100.

Here are some current bugs and minor feature requests that are going through the process of getting resolved (note this list is subject to change)
  • Addition of level 5 and 6 maps as rewards from the Hag quest
  • Updates to the Seed Box that allow you to remove a quantity instead of just 1 or all
  • Ability to dye Time of Legends items with natural dyes
  • Fixing an issue with mannequins and talismans not equipping or becoming "owned by" properly
I hope this comes with the Pub 100

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least that would be something worthwhile to get out of a chest...instead of yet another Singing Axe or some other useless recipe no one wants

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Agreed
Level 6 maps:

Para bloods, para poisons, para titans, para balrons, etc. out of the chests. And, I think Rend has the level 6 chests as well.

Maybe a bit slower than getting them from miasma - but a lot more fun. My old guild would spend hours outside the Cyclops dungeon or in Blood farming these, because Miasma was too boring.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Level 6 maps:

Para bloods, para poisons, para titans, para balrons, etc. out of the chests. And, I think Rend has the level 6 chests as well.

Maybe a bit slower than getting them from miasma - but a lot more fun. My old guild would spend hours outside the Cyclops dungeon or in Blood farming these, because Miasma was too boring.
True and valid point

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see loot revamped on everything, and I don't mean different items, just good items found on more things. The Devs are good at adding new content and loading it up with crap, and then forgetting everything below that. We aren't all capable of farming Blackthorns or The Roof. I don't want to see earth elm loot equal to Para Balrons...but what we currently have is pretty silly, which is why no one's doing most of it.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And, I think Rend has the level 6 chests as well.
He drops 6 chests. I've farmed him b/c Miasma is so boring. Just be careful w/ him since its so much easier to die.

Not sure if it was ever fixed but I lost armor pieces (blessed cloak augmentation was the big hit) when he killed me &
I had chests on me that added up to around 120 items. Apparently my stuff tried to go into my pack on death but couldn't
fit so the game randomly picked the extra items (my armor) & dropped it on the ground where I died.

I never noticed as I was running for my life trying to survive & click my corpse plus the cloak was dyed yellow like
the cobble stone road in there. It decayed or someone snagged it b4 I realized & went back to look.

I would LOVE to see chest items get cut in half w/o it affecting the chance for high end items.
There's to much utter rubbish in them now. It takes far to long to pick through for the 1-2 good items.
(I don't use Pinco's for color coordinated property values nor scripts for looting.)

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Will there ever come a time when T-maps are worth doing again? I know, I know, a lot of y'all are gonna talk about all the great stuff you get out of yours, yadda yadda yadda.

But really...most the loot on the mobs is unravels.
If we are really lucky we get maybe one good piece of loot out of the chest.
Devs killed the market for forged pardons.
The orbs no longer move, too many other things replaced them.
Can't remember how long its been since we pulled a decent scroll out of one.

Can we call this a bug and get it fixed soon?
:ten:

It's been this way for years now. One of the integral aspects of UO became absolutely worthless thanks to the 'genius' of the devs.

I can't say it enough how terrible the team and management are of this game.

Almost everything that makes this game still great today is because of content put in long before the current team took over.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not gonna find the post, you will either believe me or not, but a while back when we were bemoaning the state of t-hunting and claiming loot had been turned down, the devs said no way they didnt do that.

Then just a bit later, Kyronix said that they adjusted loot tables to encourage everyone to play the newest content...which at the time was Eodon.

Chaps my ass. They can stick "The Roof" up theirs. I have no desire for it, nor do I have a tamer :p I do however, love tmaps, especially when there is something in them worth using or selling. That isn't the case now, nor has it been for quite a long time. @HoneythornGump you are right on with what you said. Tchest loot: 30k-thats laughable. The occasional scroll half the time for some useless skill. pardons that were made obsolete by VvV pardons. If you do find an awesome artifact, it will have two to three mods totally out of line with everything else on it, we call them confused pieces, becasue they just don't know what they want to be when they grow up.

Quit with new content. Fix the old. Touch up, tune up, turn up. Please.

No more grinds. No more "keying" before you can do something you like or want to do. (Even the roof encounter is keyed, realistically) .

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back in the early 80s when I was first turned on D&D , the guy who got me into it referred to some Dungeon Masters he had played with as Monty Hall DMs, which meant they would give you anything and everything, all you had to do was "reach in their pocket" more or less, and then we had the DMs who were so damn stingy with experience points/items etc, that they wouldn't let you have anything that might hurt their campaign. That's how I've felt in UO for 20 years, like I'm playing in one of the stingy DMs worlds...please please give me the +1 longsword...please !!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The gold amounts need to be re-evaluated.

After all, consider the difficulty of doing a level 6 map (30k) to a level 3 SOS chest (30k - SOS are random level 1-3 when fished up, equal chance of each. 10k per level).

Not only do you have to do a LOT more work (the SOS requires nothing but the fishing skill, and no combat unless you trigger a serpent spawn), you can carry the SOS chest off to loot at your leasure, or stick it into a blue beetle.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's just the thing any more games seem to be either Grind Grind Grind and Grind some more till your eyes and fingers bleed... Or pay to win with lootboxes.