• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chivalry training

Gardo

Journeyman
Seems so slow to raise on my cu - is there a secret?
What level is the chiv currently? (That might help in advising you.) That said, I hit shadow elementals frequently for raising combat skills. This generally gets a good start on magics and healing. After combat skilling is finished up, I head to the dinos to work on healing and chiv. Might be better methods but this works okay for me.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What level is the chiv currently? (That might help in advising you.) That said, I hit shadow elementals frequently for raising combat skills. This generally gets a good start on magics and healing. After combat skilling is finished up, I head to the dinos to work on healing and chiv. Might be better methods but this works okay for me.
I should’ve said that - wrestling and tactics are 110 but chivalry only 70 (no scroll)

Gardo

Journeyman
I should’ve said that - wrestling and tactics are 110 but chivalry only 70 (no scroll)
Raises much slower than the combat skills, unfortunately...

Rotting corpses are good for healing gains. I’m sure the dog would cast on them as well. If you have a disco character, or access to a friend that does, disco the dog and the gains seem to speed up.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
“Disco the dog” - has a nice ring to it - I do have a bard on another account I could use

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spellcasting skill gains (including Chiv) are based on the difficulty of the spells it casts, not on the opponent it's fighting. If i'm purely going for skill gains in Chiv, Bushido or Ninjitsu, i have my pet attack Gregorio the Brigand as he's disarmed, and discord my pet. Gregorio is immune to pet damage, and does very little damage (especially when disarmed), so you can just sit there and train your pet on him all day with no risk.

For Magery/Necro/Mysticism/SW, pets will cast the spells more often when they're not in melee range. I'll get someone else's pet (or even myself) to tank Gregorio, then i'll tell my pet to attack Gregorio, then quickly tell it to stay. My pet will stand in place and spam spells on Gregorio from a range. The only problem is when trying this with pets that have Magery Mastery or Necromage, they absolutely love to Teleport right next to the target, and so won't stay at range (unless you block them in with bag balls).

Last edited: