• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Residue and Essence

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So I went through and was trying to do some research. I’m trying to find the best way to accumulate Enchanted Essence and Magical Residue for an Imbuing project.

Aside from picking up literally everything, what’s the easiest way to build up a stockpile of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I went through and was trying to do some research. I’m trying to find the best way to accumulate Enchanted Essence and Magical Residue for an Imbuing project.

Aside from picking up literally everything, what’s the easiest way to build up a stockpile of this?

I go down to the tomb of kings with a dexxer or Mystic Mage and kill the undead gargoyles and fill up several bags of their loot for an hour(just grab everything except 50 stone items), then log on my imbuer and unravel the bags. you'll be amazed at how many you get. you can get a few relics this way too.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Take your fisherman out and do MIB's take the chests home unravel everything...

Take out a T-Hunter or go with a T-Hunter usually they pick out what they want and just delete the rest... if you can hook up with one bring a bug take all unravel it...

Outside of that go to EM Events with a bug loot everything unravel it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Here is my strategy for residue...

Miner/sampire kills golden ele in blackthorns and collect gold ingots...
Smithy/imbuer crafts daggers from golden ingots and unravels them.

3 gold ingots per dagger and I average about 1.5 residue per dagger so 3000 ingots (which goes fast killing eles) nets about 1500 residue.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some mighty good methods suggested, but prefer to take the sliths revenge quest in tel mur and load a beatle with the toxic slith loot unravel it rinse and repeat. Not only do you get residue but gems and large gems much needed for imbuing. I also kill the void creatures along the way for void orbs and deamon bone for trade for golden skulls. On more populated shards void orbs can generate a lot of cash.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Deamon temple with sampire and demon slayer. Those things drop fast and most loot is residue/essence level.The two on top respawn almost immediately.

Killed 10 of them. 26 items.
3 relic, 37 essence, 16 residue

Last edited:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For my silly question of the day i ask Why are some items randomly 50 stones ??
Because the devs wanted a laugh seeing us try to run from a Lich that just put us overweight by casting curse on us with a couple of 50 stone items we missed while looting.

On a serious note( I know, I know, me being serious is a rarity), I have no idea.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I soulstone Imbuing onto my SDI mage and hunt Ice Ogre Lords.

A slow nice big easy target that dies fast and is close to a dungeon entrance to get out to recall out and in, collect into a container until bag full - omitting 50 stone items, recall out, unravel container, come back, just keep farming.
It's a pretty fast process.

I've got a feeling there may be a couple of quests also, but I cannot remember.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I once brought a pack horse to a Scalis event. I waited for that thing to go public and looted everything!!

It's the UO equivalent of pushing around a shopping cart and going through people's trash for recycled goods.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scalas , the roof, T maps, and mibs have a bunch of loot.
Miasma swoop are fast and easy to kill.
Balrons in chaos respawn fast and carry junk.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Because the devs wanted a laugh seeing us try to run from a Lich that just put us overweight by casting curse on us with a couple of 50 stone items we missed while looting.

On a serious note( I know, I know, me being serious is a rarity), I have no idea.
And here I thought the idea was that we could go "OMG what an awesome i....... ah man it's 50 stones"......... and be terribly disappointed all the time thinking we have finally gotten a decent item. Same as when we get those 125 str requirement items... NO ONE can wear... unless they want to constantly fish them out of their pack after each time they get cursed.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
let us recap, the best thing to kill is whatever you can kill the fastest that has better loot than a mongbat.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Although mongbats often drop harpsichord scrolls in Ter Mur, if you're collecting those.
I actually should have said MORE loot than a Mongbat. Mongbat loot is good, albeit low in quantity

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I'll give you a good price for whatever imbuing you need if ever, just PM ur list and I'll deliver :)

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter

Treasure chests, bottle maps, any kind of anything really...or do a vendor search on Atlantic

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Treasure chests, bottle maps, any kind of anything really...or do a vendor search on Atlantic
The vendor search on Atlantic is difficult as I have very little gold there. But I’m looking into it.

swampjumper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shame lvl 1 first unravel everything. Then lv2 shame i have made many imbuers on many shards mostly mystic imbuers but have had much sucsess with taming imbuers in fact the one I have on Atlantic is a tamer one the fact I have no house there caused me to put imbuing on so i could unravel to keep room on my bank box.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I like bottle maps from fishing, because I can lazily use unravel container.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Didn't see a mention for them yet, but we feel the Troglodytes also deserve one for their crappy loot in big numbers and dropping and spawning fast. :)