• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Pinco's link?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there a link to the Pinco's UI discussion forum on the main Stratics menu page? If so, I don't see it. If it's not there, shouldn't there be one?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, I see - there's another layer there also - General Discussions - UO Resources - Enhanced Client Discussion
Still not ideal, but thanks for the road map

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I see - there's another layer there also - General Discussions - UO Resources - Enhanced Client Discussion
Still not ideal, but thanks for the road map
yeah since this new forum was installed they compressed everything in subsubsubsub levels and you have to dig ALOT to find stuff :D

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yeah since this new forum was installed they compressed everything in subsubsubsub levels and you have to dig ALOT to find stuff :D
You could always put a link to it in the less-compressed resource section. At the top of the screen press the "resources" button. It goes here: Resources | Stratics Community Forums

Yours would be the newest so it'd be at the top of that list for a long time, only two clicks instead of having to dig through the compressed part.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could always put a link to it in the less-compressed resource section. At the top of the screen press the "resources" button. It goes here: Resources | Stratics Community Forums

Yours would be the newest so it'd be at the top of that list for a long time, only two clicks instead of having to dig through the compressed part.
well if you see it that way, you can also make a bookmark of the forum you need :p
but honestly I liked more when all the forums were in the open in the main page, especially because I find absurd that you can have 100 posts in 1 page, but they bother to compress all the forums in 1 category to use just 1/4 of a page :lol:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree I find it impossible to find the EC forum on the odd occassion I still go to look for it. It USED to be easy to find. Now it is a royal pain and I have to re-remember every time how to find it and bugger around for ages. It should be a stand alone forum on it's ownsome, not dumped into 'resources' or wherever it is these days, Pinco's can have it's stickied thread in there for the UI, and other peoples UI's should also be given a stickied thread so that they are all simple to find.

Moving the EC forum to it's current location just makes it near impossible to find, as who looks under 'resources' when they are looking for details on actually playing the game and a client needed to do so.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking of having to Dig a lot, you really should update your own site for new users. You don't have a "New Users" link at all that I could see. The first link you offer is a pretty broad catch all. There should be a simple "heres what you do first" link but I couldn't see it. And if I choose to go straight to the Pincos UI SetUp guide link, it's dead, at least for me. Your download section could use a UI tweak as well, and I'm speaking as a potential future user not just someone who got frustrated and gave up and likes to bad mouth.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of having to Dig a lot, you really should update your own site for new users. You don't have a "New Users" link at all that I could see. The first link you offer is a pretty broad catch all. There should be a simple "heres what you do first" link but I couldn't see it. And if I choose to go straight to the Pincos UI SetUp guide link, it's dead, at least for me. Your download section could use a UI tweak as well, and I'm speaking as a potential future user not just someone who got frustrated and gave up and likes to bad mouth.
the setup guide is working fine, is part of the wiki and the wiki has all you need to get started :p
Unfortunately the choice is to work on the UI or on the guide, I don't have time to do both :(
and updating the forum is not going to happen, the price is too high and with the few bucks I get I can barely keep the lights on (keeping the project alive is almost like the story of the guy who lived with a grain of rice a day) :/

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... and other peoples UI's should also be given a stickied thread so that they are all simple to find.
like if there are other crazy people making UI... you get no support from the devs or the users, what you get is a lot of trolling and complaining for everything and from everyone. Also it requires a LOT of time and hard work just to keep it running, honestly if I had to start today to work on a new UI, I wouldn't do it unless someone pays me some serious bucks :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
like if there are other crazy people making UI... you get no support from the devs or the users, what you get is a lot of trolling and complaining for everything and from everyone. Also it requires a LOT of time and hard work just to keep it running, honestly if I had to start today to work on a new UI, I wouldn't do it unless someone pays me some serious bucks :D
If I ever win the lotto Pinco I'd hire you to design one specifically for me... With a built-in Drow translator... that would be awesome... Anyway, it's a dream and you are the best. I try to support you when I can.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the setup guide is working fine, is part of the wiki and the wiki has all you need to get started :p
Unfortunately the choice is to work on the UI or on the guide, I don't have time to do both :(
and updating the forum is not going to happen, the price is too high and with the few bucks I get I can barely keep the lights on (keeping the project alive is almost like the story of the guy who lived with a grain of rice a day) :/
I'll post a screenshot of the error it gives me every time I click on the setup guide. I'm also not a troll, if I were I would say something like "why did you volunteer to create a UI for the EC if you're were going to end up needing paid to do it?". I play the EC now and want to seriously give your UI another try but have failed installing it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll post a screenshot of the error it gives me every time I click on the setup guide. I'm also not a troll, if I were I would say something like "why did you volunteer to create a UI for the EC if you're were going to end up needing paid to do it?". I play the EC now and want to seriously give your UI another try but have failed installing it.
You should try the guide directly from the wiki then :D
Pinco's UI Wiki

Oh and no, your not a troll, but I got many trolling posts over the years, that is what I ment :p