• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Connections to diff servers other than home shard

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Does anyone know what causes my connection to atl or other servers to be slower than my connection on my home shard ? Im just wondering because i like to play a mage and i know im not that fast at casting but i can def tell the difference, it feels faster and much better on my home shard sonoma but when i try to pvp on atl or anywhere else casting feels sluggishly slow.
Ive seen in the past pvpers talking about going on world tours and they can pretty much transfer to any shard and still cast at lightning speeds yet the only shard that i can cast comfortably on is my home shard. Just wondering if there is any way to make my connection to other shards better, i have the best internet i can get and my computer is pretty good so.
If not its all good i was just wondering if anyone knew some setting or something i could try to make it better.
Maybe some pvpers are just so good that theyre skill makes up for the slower connection and they deal with the same problems as me? Idk.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You aren't using all the cheat programs they are... that's why...
As for Atl... it's just overly crowded... the connection is bound to be bad too much stuff and too many other people there all taking up the limited capacity of the server.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what it is worth UO runs much better on my 8 year old shop computer that sometimes has mysterious wisp of smoke rise out of it and that melting wire smell, than it does on my high end allegedly great gaming rig in my office. Both have the same internet.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You aren't using all the cheat programs they are... that's why...
Or you could just talk about things you have no clue about as usual.

Dr they're using paid gaming VPN/proxy services which lets your computer connect to servers in areas closer to their chosen server and reduce lag since they're designed for gaming only. An example would be if I wanted to play Europa, I would connect the proxy to a server in Europe which would put my latency equal to those native to the area. You being west coast you would want to chose an east coast server to connect.

These services are perfectly legal to use since they're only connecting you to a server closer to where you want to play. They do not affect data streams in any way.

DrVenkman

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Or you could just talk about things you have no clue about as usual.

Dr they're using paid gaming VPN/proxy services which lets your computer connect to servers in areas closer to their chosen server and reduce lag since they're designed for gaming only. An example would be if I wanted to play Europa, I would connect the proxy to a server in Europe which would put my latency equal to those native to the area. You being west coast you would want to chose an east coast server to connect.

These services are perfectly legal to use since they're only connecting you to a server closer to where you want to play. They do not affect data streams in any way.
Brilliant! Thanks alot for the response, il give it a try, and yeah people keep talking about these "cheat" programs but honestly ive known some people in my time who were really just that good and they didnt use any cheats. UO has some of the most talented pvp gamers in all of gaming imo, it takes alot more buttons than alot of other games.