• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about "Multi-Boxing"

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Q: Multiboxing?
A: When EJ is released, multiboxing will be illegal. Until then, it will not be enforced. (Note: I specifically asked Bleak at the barbecue the next day if that meant that multi-CLIENTING would be deactivated. He stated that multi-clienting would be okay; only actual multi-boxing, controlling multiple accounts on the same keystrokes/controls, would be prohibited.)
controlling multiple accounts on the same keystrokes/controls
This is the statement I'm focusing on and I have questions...

To control multiple accounts on the same keystrokes/controls would imply that the user would be running a third-party program to assist with that kind of control.

What if I'm manually switching back and forth between the windows controlling the characters individually at separate times?

Example: Running 2 clients, 1 client is a Sampire and client 2 is a Bard. I run up with client 1 attack monster A, switch to my other client and run up with bard to discord it switch back to client 1 and continue to kill the monster. - Is this no longer allowed?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
controlling multiple accounts on the same keystrokes/controls
This is the statement I'm focusing on and I have questions...

To control multiple accounts on the same keystrokes/controls would imply that the user would be running a third-party program to assist with that kind of control.

What if I'm manually switching back and forth between the windows controlling the characters individually at separate times?

Example: Running 2 clients, 1 client is a Sampire and client 2 is a Bard. I run up with client 1 attack monster A, switch to my other client and run up with bard to discord it switch back to client 1 and continue to kill the monster. - Is this no longer allowed?
That is multi-clienting and is allowed. What isn't allowed is controlling multiple characters with the same set of keystrokes at the same time.