• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Endless Journey Exploits (Apparently)

Is utter this nonsense?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So I am a little to late to this due to life being busy but I received this comment on my recent Endless Journey video I posted on YouTube.

Just curious to what people think of this?

"The money maker for the EJ accounts is that you can multibox with a paid account to progress it quicker and just don't hit the champ with the EJ account so you can get the ps... I have friends that are already using 10 to 15 EJ accounts on older computers running scripts and then killing champs with paid accounts. 5 of them together are doing 5 minute champs (10 per hour) they have stock piles of thousands of scrolls already. Mesanna stated multi boxing will be banned but they are not looking for 10 accounts on 10 computers, they are looking for 10 accounts on ONE computer... I have even heard talks of running virtual box and VPN service to make it look like people from all over the world playing together. This is a major blow to a dying game. the plus side is that they are selling the gold for game time, so they will have more paid subs in the game... 5000 people and 1000000 accounts all paid for is financially all ea wants."

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Just curious, have you ever tried to multi? I find it a major pain in the arse in any game too much to ever bother with it for me personally. Even in WoW, major pain even with good software tools that are allowed by Blizzard and macros, would rather have one toon played well than a dozen I have to babysit, doing minimal damage, etc.

I think people who abuse this will get into trouble with the GMs. If it was being abused to this extent wouldn't there have been a crack down long before now?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YAY my pets will be fed cheaper!

Why didn't they think of this before EJ? Sounds like Hashbrowns to me. Don't believe everything you read on You Tube comments.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We already said that EJ Accounts would be abused when they first started talking about them

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Curious. If I have 4 tamers each with a 5 slot pet and have those pets follow 1 persons commands (add friend command). Would that be against the rules?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could swear just a month ago the general Stratics argument was to put scrolls in tram because NOBODY could pull a spawn off in fel due to evil pks. Now there's bots pulling off spawn after spawn with thousands of scrolls in stock? :rolleyes:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I could swear just a month ago the general Stratics argument was to put scrolls in tram because NOBODY could pull a spawn off in fel due to evil pks. Now there's bots pulling off spawn after spawn with thousands of scrolls in stock? :rolleyes:
Yes but that is Utube hot air, mixed with Troll saliva on Utube, and "Fake news" as some famous(infamous) person twits? Ah Shuure hope so..Dont believe everything you see on Utube.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guy is lying. It's impossible to do 5 min champ spawns. I don't care how many characters he's controlling.
The game only spawns monsters so fast, no matter how fast you kill them. They slowed the spawn rates for
all Fel Champs 2 years ago w/ many players complaining in several threads.
Spawn rates

My guild had +15 players timing our spawns in despise & fastest we got was around 18 mins. We stood around waiting for monsters to spawn.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The guy is lying. It's impossible to do 5 min champ spawns. I don't care how many characters he's controlling.
The game only spawns monsters so fast, no matter how fast you kill them. They slowed the spawn rates for
all Fel Champs 2 years ago w/ many players complaining in several threads.
Spawn rates

My guild had +15 players timing our spawns in despise & fastest we got was around 18 mins. We stood around waiting for monsters to spawn.
Yep figured that..The Utube guy was just spewing poison about UO and EJ, he was just Trolling and full of hot stinky air and rotten bologna..

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10 spawns an hour is very possible... if you split your "bots" into 5+ different spawns you could net an excessive 12+ spawns an hour depending on which ones you're farming and how many different shards.
especially if they aren't being raided.

I don't think someone is farming to that extent, but to say it can't be done is just not accurate at all.
though it really wouldn't surprise me if some people are gearing characters to do it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
10 spawns an hour is very possible... if you split your "bots" into 5+ different spawns you could net an excessive 12+ spawns an hour depending on which ones you're farming and how many different shards.
especially if they aren't being raided.

I don't think someone is farming to that extent, but to say it can't be done is just not accurate at all.
though it really wouldn't surprise me if some people are gearing characters to do it.
We are not saying it cant or hasn't been done. Just if you are that active you already have the accounts and are willing to pay the subscription price. look at all the people here with 10+ accounts that just PvM or goof around.

A serious gamer like that is not going to be bothered paying the sub price for the convenience.

They would waste the time/money value by having the accounts sit out during the Boss Kill.

When we see a 120 tactics scroll drop to 5M you know this OP situation is true.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Impossible.
I can clear a fire spawn in 22 minutes without sweating with 1 client. 5 minute timer in between. 27 Minutes per spawn per character.

So theoretically 10 clients could do a spawn every 2.7 Minutes keeping that pace.

10 Clients each doing their own spawn would only need to finish the spawn in 45 Minutes. to clear a spawn every 5 minutes.

But that's paid accounts split up doing their own spawns. Doing a single spawn every 5 minutes is literally impossible because each spawn has a 5 minute cooldown in between.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ive done Primevil Lich, Neira, Turtle, and very few other spawns with guildies. FIVE minutes spawns? Really?
I think that we are discussing a Utube Troll unnecessarily. The truth is that the Troll just wanted to say junk about the game and EJ thats all. How about 2 minute spawns with 20 accounts? Give me a break..

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
people have been using many accounts to do what ever before EJ. there will just be more and more people/accounts doing it. they don't need to even deal with any new/returning player, or anyone else. I've seen multi at spawns and other areas. no comment

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can clear a fire spawn in 22 minutes without sweating with 1 client. 5 minute timer in between. 27 Minutes per spawn per character.

So theoretically 10 clients could do a spawn every 2.7 Minutes keeping that pace.

10 Clients each doing their own spawn would only need to finish the spawn in 45 Minutes. to clear a spawn every 5 minutes.

But that's paid accounts split up doing their own spawns. Doing a single spawn every 5 minutes is literally impossible because each spawn has a 5 minute cooldown in between.
That's exactly about the fastest I ever had. I use to sit in Destard on Pacific about 4 years ago and do Rikktor spawns over and over in about 22 minutes per spawn with my sampire alone (plus the respawn time.) 20 Bots can wreck havoc... but apparently Mesanna has also been banning some of those guys lately. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, I have seen a few new players around for sure, and even a few returning characters that I figured I wouldn't see anymore. It's a good time for everyone to stay active to try to keep all of those players. The botters and scripters will be there no matter what happens I am sure, I don't think Mesanna and them can effectively deal with those guys.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Why is everyone here saying it is impossible? Have ten EJ accounts, each doing their own spawn until boss spawns, then send 1 subscribed account to finish off each boss. That effectively lets one paid account complete a spawn in 5min or less.

North_LS

Journeyman
i dont think its impossible at all, but it'd be glaringly obvious if it were going on in any type of large scale manner.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Curious. If I have 4 tamers each with a 5 slot pet and have those pets follow 1 persons commands (add friend command). Would that be against the rules?
There's one big problem with that - the friend can only issue movement commands.

The owner still has to be the one to say "kill", unless you're depending on the pet to auto-defend only.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So I am a little to late to this due to life being busy but I received this comment on my recent Endless Journey video I posted on YouTube.

Just curious to what people think of this?

"The money maker for the EJ accounts is that you can multibox with a paid account to progress it quicker and just don't hit the champ with the EJ account so you can get the ps... I have friends that are already using 10 to 15 EJ accounts on older computers running scripts and then killing champs with paid accounts. 5 of them together are doing 5 minute champs (10 per hour) they have stock piles of thousands of scrolls already. Mesanna stated multi boxing will be banned but they are not looking for 10 accounts on 10 computers, they are looking for 10 accounts on ONE computer... I have even heard talks of running virtual box and VPN service to make it look like people from all over the world playing together. This is a major blow to a dying game. the plus side is that they are selling the gold for game time, so they will have more paid subs in the game... 5000 people and 1000000 accounts all paid for is financially all ea wants."

10-15 computers? Really?

Not likely.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Why is everyone here saying it is impossible? Have ten EJ accounts, each doing their own spawn until boss spawns, then send 1 subscribed account to finish off each boss. That effectively lets one paid account complete a spawn in 5min or less.
Not impossible, just annoying and wouldn't be worth it. Try it, see if you have any fun..and if you can do a 5 minute spawn, hah!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not impossible, just annoying and wouldn't be worth it. Try it, see if you have any fun..and if you can do a 5 minute spawn, hah!
It doesn't matter if you find it fun or not. Some people might be doing it to sell gold for cash. Some scripters do it because they probably actually enjoy it...those sick b@stards. 10 accounts is probably an exaggeration, but 3-4 accounts scripting with one paid account sounds very do-able.

I can't "try it" because I neither script nor multibox/multiclient. ;)

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
YAY my pets will be fed cheaper!

Why didn't they think of this before EJ? Sounds like Hashbrowns to me. Don't believe everything you read on You Tube comments.
It sounds like one of those, i heard it from a friends neighbor who lives in the same town as there cousin who spoke to the milkman about it on Friday at the market stories.