• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Compact Animal Lore

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While reworking the gumps core, I started to think about a compact version of the animal lore window, but the problem is there is too much data in there...

So I'm looking for ideas like what would you remove from the gump, how would you move the stuff around, things like that... let me know your thoughts :)

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oooh... Let's see

I dunno if there is any information that can be removed. You could probably compact it, removing extra spacing.
OR even classic client type, but as big as your gump :rolleyes:. That should fit all the info on one page.
I would love to see all skills on one page.

While you are working on this, a request...

• With the new taming system, most pets become a 5 rating, can we increase the rating to 10?
    • Reason for request: a pet that was e.g. 1.2 rating, after training becomes a 5.0 pet, and same with a pet that was e.g. 4.0 rating.
    • It would be awesome to differentiate between a high base pet vs. a low base pet.
Thank you

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooh... Let's see

I dunno if there is any information that can be removed. You could probably compact it, removing extra spacing.
OR even classic client type, but as big as your gump :rolleyes:. That should fit all the info on one page.
I would love to see all skills on one page.

While you are working on this, a request...

• With the new taming system, most pets become a 5 rating, can we increase the rating to 10?
    • Reason for request: a pet that was e.g. 1.2 rating, after training becomes a 5.0 pet, and same with a pet that was e.g. 4.0 rating.
    • It would be awesome to differentiate between a high base pet vs. a low base pet.
Thank you
that can't be done since there is no way to determine what have you modified so you can't rate the pet if there isn't a base to compare it to... the rating is based on the wild max and min values, after training it became 5 because it's out of scale (and there is no way to know what you have modified) :D

Last edited:

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is there a workaround? meaning...
Damn! it's hurting my brain putting it into words, good luck coding it! if possible!

This would have to take into account the training points and max attainable stats and skills.
If a pet starts with let us say 3.5 rating, 100% HP or whatever, there would be more points available for other things.
VS a pet 1.3 rating with 80% HP.
Is there a way to add max possible in the formula?
Hope that made sense !!!!
:D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a workaround? meaning...
Damn! it's hurting my brain putting it into words, good luck coding it! if possible!

This would have to take into account the training points and max attainable stats and skills.
If a pet starts with let us say 3.5 rating, 100% HP or whatever, there would be more points available for other things.
VS a pet 1.3 rating with 80% HP.
Is there a way to add max possible in the formula?
Hope that made sense !!!!
:D
the problem is there is no way to know how it was before the change... what you see in the gump is all the data I have (except for the wild data), but since the wild data is random there is no way to reverse-engineering your customizations...