• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mana Cap

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I currently have 261 points of mana but will only fill to 251 then stops. I was hoping someone could help me with this. I haven't seen anything about there being a cap on the amount a player can have.
For a tamer mage:
I have over 30 in mana regeneration and wondered if there was a cap on that also? I have read some thing about it being 18 but though that was for hit point regen. The mana regen calculator will still calculate over 30 points but the stat toolbar in the game on goes to 30.
Being the case, I currently only have 17 in meditation but 113 in Evaluating Intelligence. I rarely use my spell casting for combat so I was wondering if anyone thinks I should for go the Eval for meditation since it helps in mana regen when running consume damage on my pets.
Thanks

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I currently have 261 points of mana but will only fill to 251 then stops. I was hoping someone could help me with this. I haven't seen anything about there being a cap on the amount a player can have.
For a tamer mage:
I have over 30 in mana regeneration and wondered if there was a cap on that also? I have read some thing about it being 18 but though that was for hit point regen. The mana regen calculator will still calculate over 30 points but the stat toolbar in the game on goes to 30.
Being the case, I currently only have 17 in meditation but 113 in Evaluating Intelligence. I rarely use my spell casting for combat so I was wondering if anyone thinks I should for go the Eval for meditation since it helps in mana regen when running consume damage on my pets.
Thanks
There is no cap on Mana regen. However, there IS a point of "diminishing returns" that seems to be around anything over 30MR. Also, if your Tamer doesn't use spells for fighting, I would go with the meditation over Eval. FYI, Mind blast CAN still be somewhat effective for your tamer as an offensive spell, as it doesn't rely on Eval, just Magery and Int.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the help. I was wondering if you knew why my mana pool doesn't fill to 261 but stuck at 251. Anything over 251 mana points and it won't fill any further.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you for the help. I was wondering if you knew why my mana pool doesn't fill to 261 but stuck at 251. Anything over 251 mana points and it won't fill any further.
thats a interesting one, looking forward to the answer.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're rarely casting offensive spells, go for Meditation over Eval. With 120 Taming/120 Lore/80 Med, 12 MR and 40% LMC (Luck Suit), my Disco/Tamer is able to maintain Consume Damage indefinitely, just enough to keep it steady, casting during though begins to eat into my Mana pool. When wearing my Eater/MR suit though, i can still cast some while running Consume Damage. Remember, higher Taming/Lore skill not only makes Consume Damage much more powerful, but it also reduces the upkeep cost of it, making it more sustainable. Mastery abilities are based on real skill.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the advice. Yes took down my eval and went for meditation. While I was running consume, I manage to keep it going without cost and with a meditation of around 65. Of course that probably is because I have 34 MR and mage armor. I usually carry a several different suits that I can switch off depending on the battle. Just before the end of a fight, I can swap out for my 2100 luck suit, if I need to fight with mage weapon then I can switch to a suit with high hit points, hci, damage incr, if I need spell damage I can switch to my 156 sdi suit, and lastly my high mana suit with max fc\fcy, 12% casting focus, 20HR, 34MR, 35dci, 22HR, 100%lcr, 40lmc, 140 hit points and 261 mana. New client is great for suit swapping but I still can't get the mana not filling past 251.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still can't get the mana not filling past 251.
Hmm, there may be a cap on mana. But if so, it's news to me. But I have also never been over about 230 on a suit so I haven't actually tried. I will swap some stuff around in a bit to test though, and I will post when I do.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stacked as much mana on my character as I could. I FINALLY got to 254. How you got to 261 I don't know, but congrats. LOL Anyway, I had the same thing happen. My mana went up to 251/254, and stopped. So, it's not just your character. But I have no idea why it stops at 251. ;( @Bleak @Kyronix Any help with this?

upload_2018-4-25_19-35-6.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stacked as much mana on my character as I could. I FINALLY got to 254. How you got to 261 I don't know, but congrats. LOL Anyway, I had the same thing happen. My mana went up to 251/254, and stopped. So, it's not just your character. But I have no idea why it stops at 251. ;( @Bleak @Kyronix Any help with this?

View attachment 80556
A surprise mana cap. And I cant get near 250 unless its a crap suit.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A surprise mana cap. And I cant get near 250 unless its a crap suit.
Right! I run at 220 mana, but with MASSIVE SDI on my PvM Mage. I just threw the suit in the picture together. Every piece had 10 or 15 mana, and I had to equip a spellbook with +5 mana to get to 254.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is no cap on Mana regen. However, there IS a point of "diminishing returns" that seems to be around anything over 30MR. Also, if your Tamer doesn't use spells for fighting, I would go with the meditation over Eval. FYI, Mind blast CAN still be somewhat effective for your tamer as an offensive spell, as it doesn't rely on Eval, just Magery and Int.
According to EC the Mr Cap is 30

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
sesstame.jpg sesstame.jpg sesstame1.jpg sesstame2.jpg sesstame3.jpg sesstame4.jpg

This is my tamer armor. I also have a Juma hide, Compassion's eye, Blackthorn ninja belt (better than crimson cinture), Anon's boots, Hawkwind's robe, Royal Guard sash, Totem of tribe tailsman. My sdi suit doesn't have as much mana but I can get 156. I have tried gettting an ingame GM to help me with the mana problem and waiting all night but no one showed. Here are the stats for my luck and sdi suit I can swap out on the fly using enhanced client macro. I do have a lot of armor like this I got from Atlantic so if anyone wants to buy some let me know. My helmet alone cost over 30 million but you can't get stuff like this on Lake anyways so it is worth the money.

sesslucksdistats.jpg

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OH I can get to 261 mana with the Helm of Insight that has 15 mana but it is cursed so I only use it when I know I won't die. That is why if anyone wants to trade some killer armor for a Scholar's Halo let me know. I also wear a bracelet that gives me 5 mana. I have other shields also that will get me to 255 with spell channeling. If anyone get any info on the mana cap PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

sesslucksdistats2.jpg sesstame5.jpg

Last edited: