• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pet growth

bryndamor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My only experience w/ Taming after the patch has been w/ a Cu training it from 3 to 5 slots. I'm trying to get a clearer understanding of how stat and skill balancing works w/ pets.

If I get a 2 slot pet, are they trainable all the way to 5 slots? -- so every phase that I finish training them to 100%, I get ~1500'ish points to invest into abilities?... or is that just certain pets?

I'm trying to figure out a way that one pet can have more training points available than another pet, and I think I'm correct in understanding that the only avenue for saving points that you'd otherwise spend is where stats are concerned. When I trained my Cu (my second one since I messed up point calculation on the first one), I saw that I was able to raise Dex to 125, thus saving me spending the training points that I would've spend if I had trained him when he was immediately eligible. Is there a uniform stat cap that pets be trained to for strength and int, or is that limit also 125, like Dex.

On skills that are above 120, like the initial high magic resist of some freshly tamed pets, this number will only decline as the pet accumulates deaths over time, right?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just dex and stamina will go up. 125

Stat caps do not decline with deaths only the stats do.

Dex and stamina are very cheap. Unless you know what you are doing, spend those 15 points to make them 150 in case you forget later. Those few points can ruin an expensive pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not all 1 and 2 slot pets train to 5. The slot capabilities are listed like 1/5 e.g. or 3/5 etc. Cus with two slots are exploited and bannable if found, dont pay any of these. The few training points saved on dex/stam are worth saving, raise to 125 in the Cu, then use training points to get them both to 150. Get a Cu with as close to 600 hps or 605-610 hps as possible as these are the most exp. points..

bryndamor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you both for the answers.

I didn't know that 2 slot Cu's were bannable; I would've figured that if they weren't allowed, the devs would simply patch them to jump slots like what I've read others complaining of. But no, I haven't seen any anyways.

I'm working on training my second pet, a hiryu now. I've found that its not as time-consuming as I thought it would be training them up, but scrolling them out makes having a lot of pet cost-prohibitive. I MAY work my way up to having 3 or 4 trained pets.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank you both for the answers.

I didn't know that 2 slot Cu's were bannable; I would've figured that if they weren't allowed, the devs would simply patch them to jump slots like what I've read others complaining of. But no, I haven't seen any anyways.

I'm working on training my second pet, a hiryu now. I've found that its not as time-consuming as I thought it would be training them up, but scrolling them out makes having a lot of pet cost-prohibitive. I MAY work my way up to having 3 or 4 trained pets.
GJ..and have fun..Welcome on board the new taming system..