• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sampire suit LS...

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone knows the price or is selling a beginner sampire suit, I am on LS. I am currently saving money up through tmap digging to get sampire going. Nothing special just bare bones suit that I can kill things such as navrey with for chance at tangle to make money to afford a better suit.

I have read through alot of what is bare min to have on suit but am horrible at putting suits together. Or if anyone can give me alist of cheap things to pick up to get a suit going. Or point me in the direction of a thread I may have missed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This depends on your skill set. What’s your template looking like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is what I am working toward
Swords 120
Tactics 120
Parry 120
Anatomy/resist depending 100
Necro 99
Bushido 120
Rest in chiv..or possibly drop parry to 60 and raise chiv more

North_LS

Journeyman
Here's a recommendation on a starter suit i read a while back and saved into notepad, not sure how accurate it still is or who i should be giving credit to. I'm on LS, I dont have a ton of stuff, but i'll go through my extra armor and see if theres anything decent you can have.

Crimson cost 500 VvV points.
Take either VvV talisman (+10 hci,20 DI) cost 500 VvV points, or mana phasing orb cost around 300k++ (Depending on shard)
Then either buy a few legendaries, and imbue around those, or just simply imbue the missing pieces.

There is your sampire with suit included for under 5mill, and you can solo almost anything.
When you enter VvV you get 2000 points.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How you setup your suit depends on what weapons you plan to use. There are lots of choices in swords setup, scimitar, dbl axe, large battle axe all whirlwind, long sword, Viking sword, bladed staff all AI. The amount of dex/stam on your suit depends on your weapon speeds.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Weapon choice matters because of swing speed.
Also your skills affect how much dci, if any, you need.

Personally I run with
120 swords
120 resist
120 tactics
100 Necro
120 Bushido
60 Parry
80 chiv

Use combination of bladed staves and double axes. Don’t need much defense stats because my high mana and damage avoidance factors.

Depends if you go kamikaze route or tank route. (High damage over short or medium over long).

If plan on tanking, look for platemail pieces because it keeps you from losing stamina which affects your swing speed.
Also your mana pool should reflect your play style. I keep a large mana pool because I’m spell reliant on certain buffs to bridge a couple gaps in stats.

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all for the information. I will look into the VvV thing that sounds pretty doable until i can actually afford the items.

@Pawain I have a tamer haven't played since the changes to the pets where they are trainable. I kill Miasma with my GD that is about it though...maybe i can go that route to afford the sampire.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look for Donovan or Allen. My computer crashed I just got back online. Have to re install everything now.

LS is a great taming shard. I have a nice Cu you can have to bond and get started.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Tamers and Sampires each have their perks and downfalls.

Tamer, you CAN solo pretty much everything, you just need a CRAP ton of bandis and a LOT of patience. Much better when used in groups, even pairs or trios. Pretty useful especially when you have insta-kill type mobs.

Sampires, you can do pretty much everything solo, yes, but not great for group play, in most cases, and requires a very delicate balance of skills and stats and play style to be very effective. Upside is that well suited for a newcomer if they can scrape it together or the lone wolf.

Really just depends on how you wish to play. For me, I use both, often at the same time with multiple clients on multiple monitors. Some mobs are easier than others.
Examples:
Medusa is absolute cake to solo on Sampires as long as you have enough gorgon lenses.

Tamers can do Shadowguard with little interaction of pets if you use the right technique.

When both used in tandem, I find I can do most peerless with little to no help, most bosses worth fighting for drops or gold with little assistance, and it makes my life easier as I play during the time of day when no one but the spam bots and late-nite pvp are on trash talking each other in GenChat.

Weigh your options, is my best advice.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what i dont like about the templates listed above, its a solo template.
if you end up going out with another melee guy and he is cross healing you and you..... cant cross heal him back.
then the cross heals to you stop because your not cross healing.

when i decided to make my sampire i had a couple soulstones laying around so i am able to switch out Resist and Healing depending on what im hunting and if im solo or going with a party.

no one likes hunting with that one sampire who demands everyone heal him but does not return the reach around because "I dont have healing".

:)

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Like I said before, it depends on your play style and how you go hunting.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no one likes hunting with that one sampire who demands everyone heal him but does not return the reach around because "I dont have healing".
You sir, have won the Internet today. Well done!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Maximus Neximus

because sometimes your guildmates dont know its them your talking about!

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Still a work in progress but I can go anywhere.

120 swords
120 tactics
120 resisting spells
120 bush
120 parry
99 Necro
96 chiv

150 str/ 150 hp
146 dex/ 190 Stam
40 int/92 Mana

20 ssi on jelwry
50 hci
50 dci(both over capped)
47 LMC from 5 pieces of plate and 1 bone

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
ROFL @ "does not return the reach around" hahahaha.

My main is a sampire and I used to get a lot of gripe when I joined parties for roof. People used to complain about all the spawn. Now that people generally realize that the spawn always targets me and I can handle it, I don't have issues with partying up. People actually enjoy having that one sampire that can clear the rooms really fast.

Sampire is definitely that class that can either make things worse for your party or way better. It really depends how experienced and self-sufficient that player is.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone knows the price or is selling a beginner sampire suit, I am on LS. I am currently saving money up through tmap digging to get sampire going. Nothing special just bare bones suit that I can kill things such as navrey with for chance at tangle to make money to afford a better suit.

I have read through alot of what is bare min to have on suit but am horrible at putting suits together. Or if anyone can give me alist of cheap things to pick up to get a suit going. Or point me in the direction of a thread I may have missed. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Copying and pasting this from another post of mine:

For a good suit, you just need 120 blacksmithing (weapons, armors) and 120 imbuing. 120 tailoring is optional if you want to wear studded armor which provides additional passive Lower mana cost but less stamina protection compared to metal armor. My PvM suit usually have 1 artifact (feudal grip or tinker legs), 1 or 2 legendaries, and the remaining slots are crafted.

For your weapons, you absolutely need to craft them yourself or buy crafted versions. You'll need blacksmithing + imbuing to craft them.

Here's the fun part....hunting monsters for your artifacts. You can buy them off vendor search too, but I really enjoyed hunting for most of mine. I'll try to order these from easiest to hardest. Difficulty is often subjective depending on party size and such.

Tyball's Shadow - get Shroud of the Condemned - Good robe with 5 int 3hp.
Narvey - get Tangle apron. Not needed for dexxers but it is a good place to meet people and learn some boss fighting skills since you don't need to key up for it.
Demon mini champ spawn in Abyss Dungeon - get Animated legs of Insane Tinker
Blackthorn Dungeon artifact turn in system - Mace and Shield/Crimson Cinture/Shroud of the Condemned/Mystic Garb
Medusa - get a slither if you're lucky...
Peerless bosses - start with Dreadhorn/Paroxymus - get Crimson Cinture and Paroxy Swamp dragon (regular armored swamp dragon with is better though)
Corgul - get Corgul's sash - this is a cheap item on vendor search. It is also not too difficult to obtain if you can steer a boat properly. Ideal with a party or partner in case you die on the island.
Doom - ideally you want the recipie drops for Gloves of Feudal grip and maybe Britches of Warding
Shadowguard - get cameos, minax sandals, ozy obi, hawkwind's robe, anon's boots, shanty wanderers, legendary items
Exodus - legendary items, stat scrolls
Scali's - legendary items

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what i dont like about the templates listed above, its a solo template.
if you end up going out with another melee guy and he is cross healing you and you..... cant cross heal him back.
then the cross heals to you stop because your not cross healing.

when i decided to make my sampire i had a couple soulstones laying around so i am able to switch out Resist and Healing depending on what im hunting and if im solo or going with a party.

:)
tbf, I've never (ok, rarely) asked for a heal. And I still think you should drop healing so you can do more damage.

Don't leave out the part that I do bring a second account to rez if needed! But I suppose I could finally make my chiv/healer a suit and bring him out to play.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Every Party needs a Bard... they really need to give us Bards some love so we could be better at Suport ...

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The bard thing makes a huge impact. I run three accounts on three monitors. One sampire, and two maxed out Bards, one running provocation mastery and the other running peace. The combined power of both boosts the damage margin and the Regens and damage reductions help as well. I can also use them to cast the occasional heal or Rez when needed.