• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

about bankbox limitation, i mis-understood the pulbishing note, i'm sorry.

kalexpor

Adventurer
edited :

i mis-understood the publishing note.
the bankbox limitation is for free-accounts that is EJ accounts.
and, all the blocked items in the bankbox can be accessed by subscribing uo, at any time.

i think it is very generous for returning players.

thank you, uo team.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying!

oh.... wait maybe it isn't.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
edited :

i mis-understood the publishing note.
the bankbox limitation is for free-accounts that is EJ accounts.
and, all the blocked items in the bankbox can be accessed by subscribing uo, at any time.

i think it is very generous for returning players.

thank you, uo team.
Glad you edited your post, full restrictions and other information on "Veteran Accounts vs Endless Journey Accounts" can be found here Endless Journey – Ultima Online

kalexpor

Adventurer
the craftsman, hi!

obviously including you, everyone here love uo. i guess you are the one of the most one.

i will keep calm for a while for recovering my mistake.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh you made a mistake and got into a panic, we have all done that! Don't worry about it! :)

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
These things happen.

Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying! Alert!!! UO is dying!

oh.... wait maybe it isn't.
rofl

I remember when I first started(few months after t2a came out), people said the game was headed downhill, no way for it to return to the early days.
Then lack of housing would drive players away
then Tram would drive away the old school players(TBH it did, many players from a player run town I was associated with did not return)
then AoS
then SE
then....

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It’s being dying for well over a decade. Slowly and painfully. It’s a good advert for video game euthanasia.
Dying for over a decade? Maybe dying for 20 years? are you contradicting yourself sire? I think you are admitting in your statement that UO is NOT dying maybe? Or dying in the long turn like everything is? Well I hate to bring global human-cause warming into this : The planet may be slowly dying too, thanks to us closing our collective eyes to reality? Sry to mention this but could not resist, dont want to start a thread on global warming here..LOL
But in your statement and any similar statement you are proving that UO has not died, and is not dying anytime soon, low pop shards and all. Have fun and play the game, dont worry about the dying part..enjoy..

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dying for over a decade? Maybe dying for 20 years? are you contradicting yourself sire? I think you are admitting in your statement that UO is NOT dying maybe? Or dying in the long turn like everything is? Well I hate to bring global human-cause warming into this : The planet may be slowly dying too, thanks to us closing our collective eyes to reality? Sry to mention this but could not resist, dont want to start a thread on global warming here..LOL
But in your statement and any similar statement you are proving that UO has not died, and is not dying anytime soon, low pop shards and all. Have fun and play the game, dont worry about the dying part..enjoy..
WTF? It’s dying. To deny that is asinine.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Factually speaking, some of the old developers confirmed a long time ago that UO reached its peak in 2003 at 250,000 active subscribers. It's been dropping ever since then, so yeah it really has been dying for about 15 years straight now. Endless Journey will probably increase the players for at least a while now, but that doesn't change the fact that the game is definitely dying.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factually speaking, some of the old developers confirmed a long time ago that UO reached its peak in 2003 at 250,000 active subscribers. It's been dropping ever since then, so yeah it really has been dying for about 15 years straight now. Endless Journey will probably increase the players for at least a while now, but that doesn't change the fact that the game is definitely dying.
Love you Cap. It’s like you’re my agent.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In reference to the Endless Journey Storage system. This is more of a comment, not a complaint.

Typically speaking when you go to stop playing UO for a while, you'll empty your houses in your banks because disabled accounts' houses will eventually fall. I bought storage expansions for all my accounts so there's even more stuff in my banks.

Put yourself in my shoes... As an ex-vet you can imagine how much crap is loaded in my bank boxes (I let 3 castles fall, so they're all filled to the brim.) Anything that I valued that was stored in my houses now reside in my bank boxes. I fully understand the point of restricting access to housing for endless journey accounts, but if I'm not able to do as much as access my old suits so that I can participate in pve/pvp... it's just not worth it for me right? I won't even get into potions/bandages and typical items you restock every time you die in pvp.

I read that they are working on ways to provide more access to storage, and in the future I might be enticed to play again depending on how the changes go.

I guess my point is - wasn't restricting housing enough? If I wanted to get serious with this game again I'd imagine that I'd need more than just bank storage to store all my stuff.

What do I think is fair? In my opinion, if I weren't allowed housing, I'd think at the very least I should be able to pick and choose everything I want out of my bank storage and be able to put it back so that my character isn't stuck lugging it around.

my 2¢

Anyway... I'm glad the game is going in this direction, happy to see the dev team is still working hard and the community is still active on the forums.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WTF? It’s dying. To deny that is asinine.
And guess what so are you. What is the life expectancy of a computer game, I am sure that UO has out lived a lot of games. In fact isn't UO the longest running Online MMO.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And guess what so are you. What is the life expectancy of a computer game, I am sure that UO has out lived a lot of games. In fact isn't UO the longest running Online MMO.
The answer is yes.

The Realm (Sierra Online originally) would have been but when SO folded, there was 6-8 months where the game was offline. Otherwise that would have been oldest MMO.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The answer is yes.

The Realm (Sierra Online originally) would have been but when SO folded, there was 6-8 months where the game was offline. Otherwise that would have been oldest MMO.
So what are we like 200 years old in human life and we are still here.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what are we like 200 years old in human life and we are still here.
It would seem you don’t understand the difference between dying and dead. Sure it’s atill here .... but it’s been in a steady decline for years. It’ll take a trip to computer game heaven soon.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would seem you don’t understand the difference between dying and dead. Sure it’s atill here .... but it’s been in a steady decline for years. It’ll take a trip to computer game heaven soon.
I disagree. A game isn't starting to die the moment it starts loosing customers. Games can still create revenue, even with less customers.
Take WoW for instance. It was on its peak 2008 during the WotLK expansion with more than 12 million subscribers. Since then the player base has been steadily declining (with the exception of the bumps, when the expansions got released). Now it isn't the golden goose anymore, but still a valuable asset in their portfolio.
Sure, UO is a different beast, as it was a niche product from the get go. But now, that the business model changed, or has been extended, I'd be more careful with my predictions.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And what do you care. When you played UO all your posts were helpful and insightful and now that you no longer play alls they are is hate. If you hate the game so much then stop posting, you all ready stopped playing.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what do you care. When you played UO all your posts were helpful and insightful and now that you no longer play alls they are is hate. If you hate the game so much then stop posting, you all ready stopped playing.
If I didn’t still care I wouldn’t post. Nor do I hate the game. There’s a lot wrong with your assessment of how I feel or why I post. But thanks for sharing.