• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Time to clip Swoops' wings

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, half my time hunting the thing is waiting for it to come off of unreachable areas. Really annoying.
ANd while they are fixing that, they should also visit the Renowned Wyvern and cut his wings off as well. Was always frustrating to get him all but dead and him fly down into the lava and get stuck......... And the hovering out of reach and healing is more than a little annoying as well :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
ANd while they are fixing that, they should also visit the Renowned Wyvern and cut his wings off as well. Was always frustrating to get him all but dead and him fly down into the lava and get stuck......... And the hovering out of reach and healing is more than a little annoying as well :)
No kidding..LOL

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Seriously, half my time hunting the thing is waiting for it to come off of unreachable areas. Really annoying.
Thats exactly my luck with the darn thing..I end up leaving the area then come back few mins later, and pray that it does not go out of reach again..nasty little boogar..

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Haven't hunted Swoop in a long time, but if one got stuck on the rocks, i'd go and get my Serpentine Dragon with Magery Mastery, and watch him blast the hell out of the Swoop. Once the Serpentine Dragon gets Death Ray rolling, the Swoop is finished.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Haven't hunted Swoop in a long time, but if one got stuck on the rocks, i'd go and get my Serpentine Dragon with Magery Mastery, and watch him blast the hell out of the Swoop. Once the Serpentine Dragon gets Death Ray rolling, the Swoop is finished.
Will it then teleport to the bird out of reach and loot it for me too? Nope. Didn't think so.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
flying mobs are just frustrating in general, hovering about and spamming gheal makes me just want to leave.
Oh like the Ancient Wyrms do from T-Maps... Drives me NUTS...

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:fight:Usually if u go into war mode & click like a madman on the health bar, most critters will fly down & come after you. Its always been like that.

Its not the ideal fix but 9 outta 10 times it works.

I still remember the GM that showed up after I paged b/c of a stuck ancient wyrm (years ago).
He pulled it from the wall it had flown into, dropped it EXACTLY on my head, & watched it instantly kill me.
Then the message, "Thanks for paging, if there's anything else we can do for you please feel free to ask ! *GM has left chat* "

GM Flib - I wrote his name down so if I ever ran into him IRL...:slap:

*edit for spelling*

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
:fight:Usually if u go into war mode & click like a madman on the health bar, most critters will fly down & come after you. Its always been like that.

Its not the idea fix but 9 outta 10 times it works.

I still remember the GM that showed up after I paged b/c of a stuck ancient wyrm (years ago).
He pulled it from the wall it had flown into, dropped it EXACTLY on my head, & watched it instantly kill me.
Then the message, "Thanks for paging, if there's anything else we can do for you please feel free to ask ! *GM has left chat* "

GM Flib - I wrote his name down so if I ever ran into him IRL...:slap:
LOL I Had one do that to me with one of those Fire Demons in Ter Mur... But I lived.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to disallow mobs to fly over terrain that players cannot traverse.
Yeah....why are mobs allowed to use exploits and we're not? ;)

Also.....i connot see the swoop...it's too small and flies to quick.....
Re-skin it with a purple hue version of that big Turkey bird.....well that was your reasoning (devs) for the Phoenix.

And while you're at it there are some more birds in that cartoon land you added....Macaws, they come in all sorts of re-hue of the Eagle.....again, your reasons (devs) not mine....

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was sarcasm :(
I was wonderin. I almost thought of making a luck suit and try it. The last time I did one swoop after another was when it had a bazillion items on its body. Legendaries were not out then.

Maybe they should make swoop more pigeony shaped and color it like a purple rainbow so it wont fly so high.