• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

To 120 with bulls?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mastery training is so much faster.
How do you train up taming with the mastery? I just got a mythic token to 90 and then bumped mine to 120 using jewels.

I would be interested in getting real 120 if its possible to use an easier method.

Adrahil

Adventurer
You can go from 90 to 105 really fast using mastery I, the gains slowed way down near 105. I purchased a mastery level II and the gains started again, way better than .1 everyday taming bulls for sure.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I use Ki-rins or Unicorns at 100 or above. The Mastery works, but I find it's very slow also. Just use Combat Training on a pet and it does a training check.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How do you train up taming with the mastery? I just got a mythic token to 90 and then bumped mine to 120 using jewels.

I would be interested in getting real 120 if its possible to use an easier method.
Training Taming now that we have Taming Mastery

Or to repeat myself here:
1. Get yourself a bound boura or something and link it with a crystal ball
2. Stone everything sans taming, animal lore and set focus and meditation to raise. Make sure you have at least 90 taming
3. Get a high MR suit with high MI and as much int as possible
4. Make a macro that uses the combat training taming mastery and targets your bound pet
5. Cast it at your hearts content, Ignoring the gump that shows up.
6. Repeat pass 5 till you are out of mana, regen up, repeat pass 5.

Enjoy your easy taming gains.
Alacrities will help a lot when you are under 110 taming.

Calla Lily

Journeyman

2. Stone everything sans taming, animal lore and set focus and meditation to raise. Make sure you have at least 90 taming
4. Make a macro that uses the combat training taming mastery and targets your bound pet

Thanks for posting this. I need 14 more gains to finish off taming, and I need to sit down and figure out this mastery system and all the new taming changes. It’s been 13 years since I’ve worked this skill.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main tamer 'walking soulstone' was locked at GM taming from 2010 until about april 2017. After I had come back last year and had noticed all the changes, it took me roughly two days of 'bank sitting with pet' - casting a mastery spell as described above - to get taming as far up, that I could finish with what I had collected in SoT's.

Works super nice - especially if you could stone away two or three skills, that are not really needed for such a 'bank sitting' session.

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran

Yep, this is how I did it.

Calla Lily

Journeyman
I have the book of masteries, I've eaten the taming primer vol 1, but when I try to use Combat Training, it tells me I'm not on the right path to use that mastery. What am I missing? I'm at 118.8 now.

Gardo

Journeyman
I have the book of masteries, I've eaten the taming primer vol 1, but when I try to use Combat Training, it tells me I'm not on the right path to use that mastery. What am I missing? I'm at 118.8 now.
Real skill or with jewelry? Need 90 real skill for the mastery to work. If it’s 118.8 real, I’m not sure what’s going on....

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Do you have another mastery active right now? Magery or something else? You can single click on the mastery book, and click "switch mastery", to see what one is active. If you have more than one, that is.
That’s probably it. It’s all real skill, no jewelry. Thanks, I’ll check this :)

Calla Lily

Journeyman
One more question: Does the taming difficulty of the pet you are casting Combat Training on matter in gaining gains? I'm using a dragon. Would another pet be better?

Adrahil

Adventurer
One more question: Does the taming difficulty of the pet you are casting Combat Training on matter in gaining gains? I'm using a dragon. Would another pet be better?
I do not believe the pet matters, I used a deer that spawned outside my house once, gained the same as any of my other pets.

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran
I do not believe the pet matters, I used a deer that spawned outside my house once, gained the same as any of my other pets.
Use a crystal ball of knowledge, by the way. The above is correct. Skill masteries have a skillcheck of their own. The first for any mastery is that you need to have 90 or more real skill. And then most masteries will take you to 120.