• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

When did the embracing honor cooldown become longer?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tried to embrace honor and got message that I had 11 minutes to wait. When did that change?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing in the UO Wiki says there is a cooldown so no clue.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing in the UO Wiki says there is a cooldown so no clue.
Usually you have to wait 5 minutes before you can embrace your honor a second time. So when I saw 15 I was a bit confused. UOguide confirms that there is a 5 min cooldown.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking they changed that in one of the taming nerf patches, it was 5 minutes after pub 97 and then a Month or so ago I went to tame some O-Rams and it was like 15 minutes for the cool down. So it was changed sometime between the Phoenix (Puke Colored bird of laughs) Nerf and a month or so ago when last I tamed something in a dangerous location. One of those Ninja changes :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Usually you have to wait 5 minutes before you can embrace your honor a second time. So when I saw 15 I was a bit confused. UOguide confirms that there is a 5 min cooldown.
Been gone awhile and the last time I used it, more than a year ago I don't remember any cool down.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Been gone awhile and the last time I used it, more than a year ago I don't remember any cool down.
There was a cooldown (you could trigger it by honoring yourself but then hitting cancel; nice design there, devs) but it wasn't 15 minutes.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was a cooldown (you could trigger it by honoring yourself but then hitting cancel; nice design there, devs) but it wasn't 15 minutes.
Definatly 5. Always has been until maybe 3 weeks ago (last time i died multiple times :D).

**I thought triggering the cooldown by cancelling was a special uo "feature".

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seeker level with 7 blue dots..."You must wait 33 minutes before embracing honor again". Could you imagine if a bushido warrior had to wait that long to honor a monster?

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I used it the other day (4 days ago?) to speed up a few dangerous tames. I still had the 5 min cool down period.