• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EJ was noticed by someone...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmm that poll has some very weird options, a lot of them too, not sure that's very scientific! :D

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The options really should have only been "will you try UO's EJ".

1)Yes
2)What's UO
3) Elf Butts

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, I last had my account closed Jan 5th. Can someone tell me how long ago that was? Math is my worst subject.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look at all those people in the comments, on the article and the poll, complaining about scripters keeping them from playing.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Look at all those people in the comments, on the article and the poll, complaining about scripters keeping them from playing.
Like Lord Frodo ... what are you talking about? I read every comment in both articles and saw none of "wah! scripters are ruining it!" stuff.

In fact on the poll article I noted that Atlantic has a new resident. An EJ account subbed and landed a house spot with a bit of help from his neighbor.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fact on the poll article I noted that Atlantic has a new resident. An EJ account subbed and landed a house spot with a bit of help from his neighbor.
Seriously, I can pick up new players in Haven on Atlantic any day if I just stand there for an hour or two. If we talked about tens per day I would call it news, but a single new player on Atlantic? Business as usual..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously, I can pick up new players in Haven on Atlantic any day if I just stand there for an hour or two. If we talked about tens per day I would call it news, but a single new player on Atlantic? Business as usual..
If you have not seen scores of new and returning players you are not logging in or you play for 10 mins a day.

Or it is just LS.

We'll see how it goes, but some shards will stay deader than others, I'm afraid..

So far Atlantic is teeming with life more than ever thanks to EJ. Europa is a distant second.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have not seen scores of new and returning players you are not logging in or you play for 10 mins a day.

Or it is just LS.
I play for half a day every other week. Mostly off hours since I don't live in the US. It used to be daily but many changes drove me away. Your are not that far off with your reasoning ;)

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I play for half a day every other week
And yet i'm amazed by the level of change your demanding for how little you actually play the game... don't get me wrong as your not alone and I see many other critics on Stratics that either barely play, no longer play or switched to a free shard but feel compelled to voice their negativity towards the game on an almost daily basis lol. The game is far from perfect and more than past it's expiry but Endless Journey amongst other changes the dev's have made are a step in the right direction especially considering their limited resources

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And yet i'm amazed by the level of change your demanding for how little you actually play the game... don't get me wrong as your not alone and I see many other critics on Stratics that either barely play, no longer play or switched to a free shard but feel compelled to voice their negativity towards the game on an almost daily basis lol. The game is far from perfect and more than past it's expiry but Endless Journey amongst other changes the dev's have made are a step in the right direction especially considering their limited resources
This is a huge discussion I don't want to start in this thread. I can agree with what you state here.

But I started voicing my opinion when I was playing daily. Only seeing Broadsword do the same mistakes over and over again drove me away. And the fact that they have mostly given up on the EC, which I'm always been a big fan of.

It's not that I lost interest in logging in out of nothing. And as long as I have the same paid subscription as everyone else, I can't see why it's relevant if I play 2 hours a week or 10 hours per day.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I play for half a day every other week. Mostly off hours since I don't live in the US. It used to be daily but many changes drove me away. Your are not that far off with your reasoning ;)
Last night would have seemed dead on LS compared to the rest. But 8 players showed up for the community hunt and we killed medusa 3 times without a player death. My afk was spot was empty. Logging onto a shard for less than an hour will not give an accurate estimate of busy. When I post my UO screen is right to the left of me. Sometimes there are player names I dont recognize on the screen and sometimes its just the usuals lined up afk.

LS has had a lot of returning players for PvP and PvM. @Mithryl Elves invited a lot of his old friends back.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last night would have seemed dead on LS compared to the rest. But 8 players showed up for the community hunt and we killed medusa 3 times without a player death. My afk was spot was empty. Logging onto a shard for less than an hour will not give an accurate estimate of busy. When I post my UO screen is right to the left of me. Sometimes there are player names I dont recognize on the screen and sometimes its just the usuals lined up afk.

LS has had a lot of returning players for PvP and PvM. @Mithryl Elves invited a lot of his old friends back.
I'm on Atlantic and I never had much trouble finding some random people to have fun with there. No offence, but I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me.

A trip to Medusa though always sounds like a lot of fun and community hunts in general as well. That's the good part of UO :thumbup1: