• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Global Chat

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is this working yet ....

On some shards I can 'add' ppl, but after I add them and they accept I get a msg saying the request has timed out, yet the request was accepted and we have each others names in our lists.

OK ... now we have each others names in our lists but how do you send msgs/talk using this option - is it even 'running' ?

Oh also .... its not active on all shards, when 'active' (even though it dosnt seem to be working) it goes from a black icon thingo to a white one, and you get the option to add ppl. On some shards it stays inactive and black.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On pac yesterday some RTM was on his 42nd “avatar” account selling gold lol

Not sure why your having an issue though

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im not talking about General Chat, Im talking about the cross shard Global Chat where you add friends to a list ....

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i have also received "the request is timed out"...but... i do believe its is working. I had a friend find me today on atlantic when he was on LS.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
How do u 'talk' use it like , (comma) is for general chat whats the key for this chat ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No it's " ' " space... apostrophy.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been working for me in CC just fine.

But, the "timed out" message is apparently a bug. and, some people seem to be able to initiate an initial connection when others can't do so reliably.

1. You might want to have you and the persons you are going to use Global for be on the character names you know them by. As that will be their name on the list no matter what character they are on, and you name on theirs. So, if you and your buddy best know each other by your Tamer or PvPer's names, it's probably not a good idea to establish the initial link between your bod runner and their cook when you run into each other in Britain. Luckily, you can delete the link and re-establish it between the characters you want.
  2. Invite each other; it usually takes one way or the other.
  3. You get a list of people you are friends with; the diamond-shaped design next to each name indicates their status. Dark - not online (or with Global turned off; yes, that's a thing you can do when you want privacy). White: Online. And there's a third color (see below)
  4. To make the chat ACTIVE to a specific person, click on the white shape. It will turn gold. The person whose icon is Gold is who Global chat will connect to. Unfortunately, it's not a multi-person chat, but a 1-to-1 private phone call.

As for how it works in EC, I have no clue.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok got it working - so its: ' (then hit enter) msg text
That sounds like EC, not CC.

CC, it works perfectly fine doing ' (space) msg

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm using the EC with Pinco's and the box just doesn't pop up, so I guess I won't be using the new chat system at all. Took me ages to get used to Pinco's so I'll have to stick with it for now. :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm using the EC with Pinco's and the box just doesn't pop up, so I guess I won't be using the new chat system at all. Took me ages to get used to Pinco's so I'll have to stick with it for now. :D
See my post with the pic...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@MalagAste are you using Pinco's Mal? I just don't get that second box popping up at all, my husband has the same problem, he can only get the other box to pop up if he switches back to the standard EC. God I feel like such a noob!! :p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ah okay there is something wrong with me then! Hmmm I will look into it a bit more, is it possible the box opened but was off-screen? Maybe if Iswitch to EC standard until I get the box then try Pinco...thanks anyway Mal I'm sure I'll work it out eventually! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ah okay there is something wrong with me then! Hmmm I will look into it a bit more, is it possible the box opened but was off-screen? Maybe if Iswitch to EC standard until I get the box then try Pinco...thanks anyway Mal I'm sure I'll work it out eventually! :)
I sure hope so... if you think it's showing up off screen try ctrl+R see if that helps. There was a setting that basically throws all your stuff up into the upper left corner but I forget how to make it do that.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm out of words for this thing. Type an apostrophe to chat... o.0

Who comes up with those ridiculous UI ideas? :wall: