• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

rush through training my legacy dragon now, or wait and hope for the best?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Copy the tamer to TC1 and you will see what you get once pub99 hits your shard.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i feel like theres a 50/50 chance of getting screwed no matter which option i take.
In our tests with copying to TC, it seems that simply clicking the button to start advanced training is enough to keep them trainable.

Use this information how you choose, as we know what ends up on live isn't always the same as TC.

Our guild is taking the chance though and only starting training on legacy dragons and not completing it.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In our tests with copying to TC, it seems that simply clicking the button to start advanced training is enough to keep them trainable.

Use this information how you choose, as we know what ends up on live isn't always the same as TC.

Our guild is taking the chance though and only starting training on legacy dragons and not completing it.
I've just tested this . I started the training and copied the tamer to TC1. The dragon was trainable. I went through the pet stat gate and spent 1501 points on that dragon. As soon as I spent the last point the training button vanished. The dragon is now at 4=>5 control slots and I cant train him further.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've just tested this . I started the training and copied the tamer to TC1. The dragon was trainable. I went through the pet stat gate and spent 1501 points on that dragon. As soon as I spent the last point the training button vanished. The dragon is now at 4=>5 control slots and I cant train him further.
This is different behavior from yesterday on TC1 where the training button was still available after training 3-4. I just tested and confirmed the training button is indeed disappearing after you train 3-4. This behavior is different than the first day and is quite unsettling. Currently trying to test all legacy pets now, giving them full training cycles to make sure they don't lose training anywhere.

This also goes directly against what bleak said on UO Forums. He indicated this will only affect pets that have not started training yet.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is different behavior from yesterday on TC1 where the training button was still available after training 3-4. I just tested and confirmed the training button is indeed disappearing after you train 3-4. This behavior is different than the first day and is quite unsettling. Currently trying to test all legacy pets now, giving them full training cycles to make sure they don't lose training anywhere.

This also goes directly against what bleak said on UO Forums. He indicated this will only affect pets that have not started training yet.
Seeing this as well after testing today. It looks to only be legacy dragons that are affected again. I've tested the following pets that all trained up to 5 slots on TC:
  • Legacy White Wyrm
  • Legacy Nightmare
  • Dread Warhorse
  • Bane Dragon
Trying to get a Legacy Dragon trained to 4 on live, then training started. Once I have that ready I will copy it over and see if it can get to 5 at that point still.

Edit:

Got my trained 4 slot legacy dragon copied over to TC1. He had training started for his final level and still had that option once he made it to TC1. Went through the portal without issue and was able to apply points to make him 5-slots.

So right now it looks like in order to save your legacy dragons, you need to train them 3>4, then start training on the next level, but don't need to complete it.

Last edited:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Question... are cursed dragons considered legacy dragons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
logged in, looked at my dragon - he's 4 of 5 with no button - and so it goes....... he had never been trained at all, that 4 is what he always had - guess I should be happy about no other pets being affected, but I do wonder about those turtles - weren't they supposed to be the same as the GD, just smaller? I don't have one and really know nothing about them

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why couldn't Bleak just say that this push is only to stop training dragons temporarily until a fix is in place?

Instead he would not say what pets are affected, is this permanent, or why it was done.

Now, nobody knows what to do. Even the Devs I am afraid. Do they want those dragons to start at 4 slots only? Or are they going to allow then to ever go back to 3.

The problem with the trained ones was a revert on TC. I guess that revert code is gone now, but is that the one they will use to fix exploit pets?

Sorry for all of you Dragon lovers out there. :(

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep..I feel your pain too though I am not a Dragoneer either..And we have not even touched on other more seriously damaging issues with expoited pets like 2-slot Cus and Cus with all 120s and 2,300 HPS etc, that have infected multiple shards. Lets see where this all goes, just be patient much as we can I guess..