• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Daily Whine 145-b22

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay i asked some silly questions in the crafters forum and this whine hit me...

in the little reforging i have done its still totally random i can select parameters but its still totally random
will we as crafters ever be able to say i'm making a sword with
MR4 190 luck ML 60 hit fatigue 50 and just make what we really want ??

apply this to magery i cast EV wait why did resurrection cast instead.... or tamers look at the CU wait why did i just tame that dire wolf...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay i asked some silly questions in the crafters forum and this whine hit me...

in the little reforging i have done its still totally random i can select parameters but its still totally random
will we as crafters ever be able to say i'm making a sword with
MR4 190 luck ML 60 hit fatigue 50 and just make what we really want ??

apply this to magery i cast EV wait why did resurrection cast instead.... or tamers look at the CU wait why did i just tame that dire wolf...
They had two options for upgrading pets. The imbuing method or the reforging method. Luckily they chose imbuing.

Its not random if you understand how it works. You dont always get the exact thing you want. But you also do not get a random property.

Runic Re-Forging - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Use that as a guide and you can make what you want with a bunch of tries.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
and you can make what you want with a bunch of tries.[/QUOTE said:
Would Mages tolerate this just keep trying you'll cast the right spell sooner or later ... or Tamers don't worry sooner or later you will tame that Cu and not some random nearby animal.... i could relate this to every other skill set and such randomness would meet outrage...

we invest lots of skill points in our chosen builds we should be able to craft exactly what we want....even if the ingredients and materials need changed IE you need the beating heart of 15 virgins at least it would be random...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reforged items are more powerful than Imbued items.

Crafters have two options.

1. Imbuing: Choose the property and value.

2. Reforging: A property from a group of properties at a value that could be higher.

Also reforging has properties that you can not imbue on.

Allow one more property on both and crafting would be a lot better.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Reforged items are more powerful than Imbued items.

Crafters have two options.

1. Imbuing: Choose the property and value.

2. Reforging: A property from a group of properties at a value that could be higher.

Also reforging has properties that you can not imbue on.

Allow one more property on both and crafting would be a lot better.
Now Pawain you know how i feel about folks bringing facts and reality into my whine threads....;)