• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Player interviews, and the best house design in UO!

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hail!

With EJ just around the bend, now is a good time to start talking up your respective shards. Even though Siege won't be affected in the way that the production shards will be, I've started an effort to highlight our playerbase over on our shard sub-forum.

I encourage you all to think of similar (or the same even!) ways to highlight your local players.

Our first interview can be read here:

(Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Babydoll!

And if you have never visited Siege, it is worth creating a toon just to walk over to New Magincia and see Baby Doll's AMAZING house design. It truly is awesome, inside and out (especially when seen in person).

Safe travels,

- Calavera

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics used to do this....
Shard Reporters would go around interviewing interesting/popular ppl and guilds, etc. etc.
And a better way to feature said articles.
Need more Reporters. Concentrating too much on "forum" and not "content".
But I don't work here anymore... so... meh. :p

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We tried but barely anyone sent in applications for the content side of things. When the applications came in, there were only like four for reporting/content compared to 15+ for moderation/forum, and the two most active of the four newly hired reporters then left later on too.

One of the reporters who left was doing "roving reporting" where she would go interview people on random shards about things.

So it's really not so much consciously choosing to only focus on the forum instead of content, it's that we barely have anyone to produce content and nobody else is signing up for it, while we have the perfect amount of moderation staff at the moment so that makes it look like the forum has priority over the content.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no worries cap... was really just poking fun.

i still look into the puka from time to time. so much wasted work there...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics used to do this....
Shard Reporters would go around interviewing interesting/popular ppl and guilds, etc. etc.
And a better way to feature said articles.
Been a day or three ago but I remember the old Stratics shard reporters used to get around. Both after SE and ML launched they were out interviewing folks engaged in the new content, taking screen shots and writing some very good and informative stories that often were a guide to the new content in themselves. I remember I was in the painted caves fighting trogs, and occasionally pulling Lurg or Grobu out on one of my toons and a Stratics reporter popped in and did a interview in the chaos and told me thanks for my time and to be sure to read the whole write up on Stratics in a day or two. Guess it was the Legends shard reporter back then..... Of course Legends had a large thriving population back then as well. More than a few times I saw runes or books promoting Stratics as the #1 source for up to date UO news and info laying around Haven, West Brit and Moonglow. The Despise invasion of Brit had not happened yet and Luna had not became the place to be for banking and bank sitting yet :)

Ahhh well it was a much different UO and Stratics back then.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember some really great interviews by some on Stratics...

One used to do something called Better Homes of Britannia... By GL Shard Reporter WrenSharpbeak, who much to my surprise actually did an article on one of my homes. Later I believe Lady Lava did a tour of another house of mine.

I always enjoyed those stories. Perhaps I could convince a certain rodent I know to start doing interviews again. I don't know.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I so wish we did have more reporters. As one of two reporting on shard events, I wish I could cover more. But between RL, running the LA player center and the new welcoming LA guild, WTLA, my plate is pretty full. Still I am starting a series or articles of how the different shards are welcoming new and returning players. I have the information for Europe but need information for all the others. Tonight I've been invited to attend an event on a shard other than LA. *sigh* so much to do so little time, as each report takes about three hours to write.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail!

With EJ just around the bend, now is a good time to start talking up your respective shards. Even though Siege won't be affected in the way that the production shards will be, I've started an effort to highlight our playerbase over on our shard sub-forum.

I encourage you all to think of similar (or the same even!) ways to highlight your local players.

Our first interview can be read here:

(Player News) - The Peerage of Siege Perilous: [SPHS] Interviews Babydoll!

And if you have never visited Siege, it is worth creating a toon just to walk over to New Magincia and see Baby Doll's AMAZING house design. It truly is awesome, inside and out (especially when seen in person).

Safe travels,

- Calavera
Nice! Siege does have some really cool houses out there, I'd like to see more of them highlighted!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember some really great interviews by some on Stratics...

One used to do something called Better Homes of Britannia... By GL Shard Reporter WrenSharpbeak, who much to my surprise actually did an article on one of my homes. Later I believe Lady Lava did a tour of another house of mine.

I always enjoyed those stories. Perhaps I could convince a certain rodent I know to start doing interviews again. I don't know.
Mal, I hope the article was on your Yew "tree" house. When I got my first real house in UO, that treehouse was 2-3 screens northwest of mine. I always loved that house and would stop in to take a look from time to time. So much creativity went into that house, I was sad when you took it down. This was long before we ever gamed together, but that house is one of my fondest memories of UO, as was my original house. And you KNOW this is coming from someone who is not at all into deco...hell, I still have runes locked onto my floors lol. I too miss shard reporters...some didn't like Lava, but she went out of her way to cover the shard, and I loved her monthly death shots....Lord knows I appeared in 1 or 1000 of them hehe.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mal, I hope the article was on your Yew "tree" house. When I got my first real house in UO, that treehouse was 2-3 screens northwest of mine. I always loved that house and would stop in to take a look from time to time. So much creativity went into that house, I was sad when you took it down. This was long before we ever gamed together, but that house is one of my fondest memories of UO, as was my original house. And you KNOW this is coming from someone who is not at all into deco...hell, I still have runes locked onto my floors lol. I too miss shard reporters...some didn't like Lava, but she went out of her way to cover the shard, and I loved her monthly death shots....Lord knows I appeared in 1 or 1000 of them hehe.
No, it was actually Setatabons house north of Yew... She also did Willa's house once... but never the Treehouse... I wish I still had pictures of that one.

Oh, Nope found one! top view Beggars wood.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think that character exists anymore nor does the house... Come to think of it I don't think that client exists anymore either... that was the early KR/SA client I think...