• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] EC Crash at Launch

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've recently reinstalled the EC after several years away. I've searched google and stratics but I am still unable to get past the patch screen on a win10 64 box. I click play, see UOSA.exe open briefly with a black window, and then disappear.

I see the same when booting to safe w/ network support. I've disabled multiple monitors, overlays including steam and display fusion, but this client does not want to play. I also disabled ASUS multi-CPU enhancement as well as fiddled with some other settings including killing any non critical process.

Any suggestions or direction is appreciated.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be something on your computer. It's been working fine for me since forever. Using windows 10 pro 64bit here.

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, but what? I've done a clean video driver install, sfc, online virus scan in safe mode, removed misc software, tried under a local test account, and a selective boot. I am pretty much out of ideas.

This is shaping up to be the shortest return ever.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There should be an application crash log entry in the windows event log. Try to find it, it might give valuable information, though I wouldn't hold my breath.

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. Already took a look there. No entries in application for crashes. It's almost like the app shuts down as expected.

I just tried a minimal boot and uninstall/reinstall as admin. No change.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks. Already took a look there. No entries in application for crashes. It's almost like the app shuts down as expected.

I just tried a minimal boot and uninstall/reinstall as admin. No change.
From what I remember when I encountered this issue... The EC needs and looks for files that are installed under the normal classic client files. When I bought a new computer and installed only the enhanced client, I would have the same issue. Uninstall the enhanced client. Install patch and launch the classic client. Then close it out and install the enhanced client again. That should fix your issue. Also do everything under admin, including launching the games.

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I remember when I encountered this issue... The EC needs and looks for files that are installed under the normal classic client files. When I bought a new computer and installed only the enhanced client, I would have the same issue. Uninstall the enhanced client. Install patch and launch the classic client. Then close it out and install the enhanced client again. That should fix your issue. Also do everything under admin, including launching the games.
Thanks for the tip, but I am still seeing the same issue.

Juan de Fuego

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I appreciate everyone's views and replies. I suspect the issue had something to do with directx but I went ahead and took this as an opportunity to buy an M.2 solid state and reinstalled Win10 on it. No issues after that.