• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet power calculator

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. I know this site but there are not all pets. For examole the Phoenix is not rated here :(
I will try add the missing pets. The calculator does no rating as such though, "Just" assist in assigning points in a virtual environment.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with pet ratings is many pets are more desirable at lower ratings. Almost no one wants a nightmare with over 325 str that makes it 3 slots when they could have a 315 str nightmare that is 2 slot or a cu with 85 cold and 85 energy resist and would only have 70 or less fire resist after training. I farmed a 4.8 lesser hiru 2 months ago and gave it away because it was 2 slot(I think that was the last time I used the pet power calc).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still use it for 5 slot pets. But yes it's rather obsolete now. Unless you are looking at GD, Frost Dragons, or maybe the Shadow Wyrm (which IMO should only be 3 or 4 slots max as it SUCKS)... Otherwise I look at other things to determine if it's "good" or not.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still use it for 5 slot pets. But yes it's rather obsolete now. Unless you are looking at GD, Frost Dragons, or maybe the Shadow Wyrm (which IMO should only be 3 or 4 slots max as it SUCKS)... Otherwise I look at other things to determine if it's "good" or not.
They finally give us the shadow dragon and what do they do they Totally Pancake it, not sure why I feel so let down yet again or even surprised they F...ed it up so bad

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They finally give us the shadow dragon and what do they do they Totally Pancake it, not sure why I feel so let down yet again or even surprised they F...ed it up so bad
I know I wanted to tame that thing for YEARS finally get to and the hit it so hard with the nerf bat that it won't ever be good.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. The Shadow Wyrm has some real potential too due to it's up to 1,030 STR (absolute highest of any pet in game) and 29-35 Base Damage (highest of any pet), which would make it into an absolute melee monstrosity, but the problem is that they're always 5 slots, and cap out at 125 Stam, GM Wrest, have crap Resists, no MR, and they tend to cast Corpse Skin, which ends up nerfing their own melee damage output against their foe.
For a very short while on TC, Shadow Wyrms had a small chance to spawn as 4 slots due to their Health being halved after tame, but because people complained about it, they gave them full Health after tame, which resulted in them always being 5 slots. I personally wouldn't mind a Shadow Wyrm with lower Health, so long as i could pump up his Resists, Stam, MR, and Wrest. Make him a "glass cannon" type of damage dealer. So long as one of my guildie's pets is tanking the boss, the Shadow Wyrm would be able to tear into the boss.