• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a way to create macros for primary/secondary mastery abilities?

The weapon moves can be mapped as macros: primary and secondary ability. But it seems mastery skills can't. Or am I missing something? If it this isn't possible, I'd be really nice to get this in the classic client. Or a way to do it in UoAssist. I have a paladin with which I switch between swords/parrying/chivalry mastery and it'd be nice if I could just create two macros for mastery ability 1 and 2 and be done with it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can set macros to use mastery abilities in classic client. (not sure how it shows up in EC).

for example:

Cast Spell > Onslaught

but that macro will stay with onslaught regardless if you switch your mastery or not. so you'd have to change the macro or have a separate one if you wanted to use say Holy Fist.

candlemass

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The weapon moves can be mapped as macros: primary and secondary ability. But it seems mastery skills can't. Or am I missing something? If it this isn't possible, I'd be really nice to get this in the classic client. Or a way to do it in UoAssist. I have a paladin with which I switch between swords/parrying/chivalry mastery and it'd be nice if I could just create two macros for mastery ability 1 and 2 and be done with it.
All those macros are In the classic client for mastery abilities ,Its In the list like when you set up abilities and sign them keys.

You can set macros to use mastery abilities in classic client. (not sure how it shows up in EC).

for example:

Cast Spell > Onslaught

but that macro will stay with onslaught regardless if you switch your mastery or not. so you'd have to change the macro or have a separate one if you wanted to use say Holy Fist.
Yes, I know. What I am asking if there is a way to set up generic macros macros for mastery abilities. Guess not. They should patch that in..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, I know. What I am asking if there is a way to set up generic macros macros for mastery abilities. Guess not. They should patch that in..
They are not like weapon skills primary and secondary. They are specific spells. How would they do this other than choosing the specific spell? Some have menus within the ability.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You find them in CC under the CastSpell dropdown. ie: CastSpell - White Tiger Form

You find them in CC under the CastSpell dropdown. ie: CastSpell - White Tiger Form
No, my point is not that I can't create macros for the specific spells, it's that I can't have generic macros for mastery ability 1,2,3, etc. So that when I switch masteries, I only need 2-3 macros instead of 9. I have some characters that switch between 2-4 masteries.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure there is an option to trigger the mastery ability by generic number.

It'd be nice if there was. There shoulld be a mastery 1,2,3 ability macro.. that trigger whatever abilities are available for a given mastery.