• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shut up and take our money

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what you're insinuating, but I see topics by Mervyn on the official forums. I don't see Fridgster though... I changed mine to Feigr on transfer, because I play on Chessy now and wanted my char name on my profile. Plus I wanted to mouth off to a couple Stratics moderators. Sorry Norri and Arch. LOL
What I'm getting at is he knows it will never happen and is simply trolling.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually to go further on my previous post. UO has turned into the Hunger Games! The capital is atlantic and the poor people in the districts are every other shard. What a fantastic game we got cause of shard shields. What a joke it is anymore.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think you're confusing me with someone else, where did i say this is the most unbalancing thing in UO?
I proposed they sell shard transfer tokens on the store and not let people do it for free.
I appreciate that you're trying to suggest something in hopes that it will improve the game, but I don't think this is the solution. In real life, I can't give someone a gift and then take it back a few years later. Same concept applies here.

Some possible things that the Devs could consider:

1) make power scrolls shard bound. This would significantly reduce the demand to shard transfer. (this will create some chaos for a while and might not be that great of an idea either but over time it might fix things and bring some life to other shards)
2) make shard transfer shields a transferable/sellable item the same way most vet rewards are. Vet players get a yearly gift worth 200+mil while new players have to work their way to earn it.
3) sell permanent once per month shard transfer shields for like $30 in a UO store or make transfer tokens 1/4 the cost. I wouldn't mind paying like 3-4 dollars to do the occasional transfer at my convenience so I don't have to work out a schedule with some internet hero and hope that person doesn't scam me out of 1plat worth of gear. (most likely broadsword will see this as income lost rather than income gain via retaining newer players, so also not gonna happen)
4) Add a new item called Shard Mailbox or something that allows players to transfer limited items between shards but not characters. When used, it is account bound like Soulstones. Devs could even add a cost, say 100k per item which would add a small gold sink in this inflationary economy.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually to go further on my previous post. UO has turned into the Hunger Games! The capital is atlantic and the poor people in the districts are every other shard. What a fantastic game we got cause of shard shields. What a joke it is anymore.
Do you play or are you here as a !@#$ disturber.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
4) Add a new item called Shard Mailbox or something that allows players to transfer limited items between shards but not characters
Now this is a REALLY interesting idea. It would probably be a major headache to figure out how to make it work across shards though. :(

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you play or are you here as a !@#$ disturber.
Yes I play, and I play every facet of the game including pvp. I have characters on almost every server in the US and Im currently working characters on Europa. Im not a blind man making false statements about thing I don't know anything about. I want to see the game flourish with more people and more things to do, unlike you.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I moved from ATL to Chessy and feel more rich in experience than on ATL. No offense to ATL, but it just wasn't my thing with those players.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I moved from ATL to Chessy and feel more rich in experience than on ATL. No offense to ATL, but it just wasn't my thing with those players.
Yeah I play mostly on LS myself. I think most intelligent people prefer non ATL servers. This part of the reason why I argue against the shard shields, if people didn't have to go there to get stuff, most people wouldn't even play ATL. Always a smart move to not play ATL.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think you're confusing me with someone else, where did i say this is the most unbalancing thing in UO?
I proposed they sell shard transfer tokens on the store and not let people do it for free.
It isn't free if you have been playing for 14 years..... is it? Add it up, that's a ton s*** of money. I am sorry but this is the most illogical post I've seen in stratics. It is normal for somebody who has been playing for 14 years to want to play in another shard because they got bored. It is absurd to have them start from scratch because they enjoy the game from having more advanced characters, so giving them a little help with the shard shield is really not illogical.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I play, and I play every facet of the game including pvp. I have characters on almost every server in the US and Im currently working characters on Europa. Im not a blind man making false statements about thing I don't know anything about. I want to see the game flourish with more people and more things to do, unlike you.
No you want more for your select small group and not UO as a whole.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I play mostly on LS myself. I think most intelligent people prefer non ATL servers. This part of the reason why I argue against the shard shields, if people didn't have to go there to get stuff, most people wouldn't even play ATL. Always a smart move to not play ATL.
You just argued against yourself in like 3 posts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you want more for your select small group and not UO as a whole.
He plays on LS often. I have gained appreciation for PvP from listening to them in chat. He is one that would PvP if scrolls were not involved. He and others seem to entertain themselves in Fel while we listen to them in Chat.

At least he does not talk in all CAPS here.

This part of the reason why I argue against the shard shields, if people didn't have to go there to get stuff, most people wouldn't even play ATL.
I agree with this. I only go there to get stuff. Sometimes you meet other players from other shards at the stable and we get to talk about the horrible pet builds that many have on Atl.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have said this before,

I totally agree shard shields should be sold in the store

They should be something similar to the house teleporters, a different color and need charged and only cost 1000 sovereigns

(And yes I can claim around 20+ vet transfer shields, just saying this before anyone accuses me of any selfish BS)

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion, is that "anyone" who suggests "please remove....".....BE removed!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, free xfers with shard shields are a problem?
Don't like the price of xfer tokens from the store?
Shard xfer destroyed the game anyway?

We have the solution!

Merge all shards!

:hahaha::gee::danceb::bdh::yell:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4) Add a new item called Shard Mailbox or something that allows players to transfer limited items between shards but not characters. When used, it is account bound like Soulstones. Devs could even add a cost, say 100k per item which would add a small gold sink in this inflationary economy.
I like this idea. I have often said to my UO friends another kind of transfer token might be a good idea. I think many people want to transfer only items and not always an actual character. They could have another token or something that allows the ability to transfer a container of items to another shard and this only. Could be sold on the store for $4.99 or something.

As for the whole thing about the shard shields. I am about 7 years with my account as I took a long break from the game and didn't keep paying. At the time shard shields weren't even an option for a VET reward. Do I keep saving my rewards in the hope that one day I will be able to pick them? or do I claim them now while the game is still going?

Maybe they could lower age needed to claim them? 5 years, 7 years might be more realistic these days. Its not been a massive problem as every time I want to get some stuff moved I am lucky enough to have friends who can do this for me. I think I have only ever bought 1 or 2 actual transfer tokens in my whole time playing.

I will add that I don't like the whole "shard bound" concept. You should be free to transfer items to any shard you like.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It isn't free if you have been playing for 14 years..... is it? Add it up, that's a ton s*** of money. I am sorry but this is the most illogical post I've seen in stratics. It is normal for somebody who has been playing for 14 years to want to play in another shard because they got bored. It is absurd to have them start from scratch because they enjoy the game from having more advanced characters, so giving them a little help with the shard shield is really not illogical.
You got to play UO each month you paid for. You pay for a service to use. It's not like you pay any extra to get shields. Why is that so hard to get for some people? And you actually believe the main use of shard shields is starting over on a new server rather than farming low population servers for profit? o_O

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it's a good idea for new players to have to wait until the year 2033 to get an item which is extremely unbalancing?

Got it...15 years of playing on an unlevel playing field, no wonder this game in the state it's is.:thumbup1:
Yes, it is frustrating af, but many vets actually would rather see the game bleed out than giving away any of the privilege they have.

Shard Shields are so far away from me for example, I have given up on them. I will never have them and trying to keep my account open for 10+ more years is straight silly. It is more a demotivating thing when you realize how unbalanced they are and that the developers have no intent to level the playing field for everyone.

I second your thoughts, go tell an EJ player that if he subs today, he has to beg other players till 2033 until he gets his own. Not. Gonna. Happen.

I liked some of the ideas posted on the official forums there. Of course it gets shot down by the usual vets there too, but it seems there are quite more open minded players there trying to address this huge unbalance.

Here on Stratics it unfortunately always comes down to some troll shouting "But I paid for it and I'm special!!!!" all the time :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. They will not remove shard shields. Cat is already out of the bag.

2. They will not make shard shields for everyone because they would LOSE MONEY.

3. I think we need to call the wambulance :stretcher:

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well this thread didn't turn into a troll fest as i first expected. There are actually some pretty good ideas and good discussion on topic.
Here's my stance on all of this

The main argument that i see is that shard shields creates an imbalance between players that have them and players that don't. Well, Yes and no. Transfer tokens are available to everyone however they are ridiculously overpriced.
Transfer tokens are 20 bucks so lets fix this by taking shard shields away from the Vets!!!!! That isn't gonna happen bud sorry.

1- You just dont take gifts back once awarded (it's poor practice).
2- Many players keep accounts open that they dont even play just to have that account eligible someday (myself included). Removing shields would create a dramatic loss in revenue from cancellation of said accounts.
3- It's my personal belief that the UO store should NOT sell anything that can't be obtained through gameplay (with the exception of vanity items). That store takes away content that could be otherwise obtained through fun gameplay.
(I know that's not the way it is now but this belief is subject to another topic for a whole new discussion)

Ok so Shard Shields aren't going anywhere so how do you level the playing field for those that don't have them?
There are several ways to ease the disparity for players with younger accounts.

1- Remove the account bound tag so they can be used by anyone. The tokens generated from the shield would however remain account bound. Younger account holders could then purchase the shields from vets for what i'm sure would be an insane amount of gold.
2- Lower the price on transfer tokens purchased from the UO store.
-Lets put this into perspective. It costs us the equivalent of TWO MONTHS subscription just to transfer a character from one shard to another. That's absurd!
3- Mailbox's between shards - Thank you @Tabin I do like this one. Should be a 20 year vet reward lol just kidding! I think a 5th year selection would be appropriate for something like this.

I'm gonna wrap this up with my thoughts on what should and should not be allowed to to transfer (shard bound).
In short, i feel that if an item can be obtained on any shard it should be allowed to transfer. Power scrolls and primers included.
If items generated on a shard are only generated on that shard then they should be shard bound. This would include making all EM drops shard bound. Keeping those items home would help preserve the history of that shard.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you ride an Ethy or have any Vet rewards, we all know that you do so welcome to the entitlement world. These were things given to us by UO as a thank you from UO for our loyalty and just like you we accepted our gifts and did not throw them away.
Yeah, but there's a difference between using vet rewards you are given and having the attitude that they owe you vet rewards for having played a long time. I have always been against vet rewards (predominantly because I hate artificial boundaries like that as they just create bad feelings), but of course I use them.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You got to play UO each month you paid for. You pay for a service to use. It's not like you pay any extra to get shields. Why is that so hard to get for some people? And you actually believe the main use of shard shields is starting over on a new server rather than farming low population servers for profit? o_O
So how many VET Rewards do you own? You need to throw them all in the trash right now, oh wait you won't because they were free gifts. That reminds me maybe you should throw away every gift that UO gave you.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, it is frustrating af, but many vets actually would rather see the game bleed out than giving away any of the privilege they have.

Shard Shields are so far away from me for example, I have given up on them. I will never have them and trying to keep my account open for 10+ more years is straight silly. It is more a demotivating thing when you realize how unbalanced they are and that the developers have no intent to level the playing field for everyone.

I second your thoughts, go tell an EJ player that if he subs today, he has to beg other players till 2033 until he gets his own. Not. Gonna. Happen.

I liked some of the ideas posted on the official forums there. Of course it gets shot down by the usual vets there too, but it seems there are quite more open minded players there trying to address this huge unbalance.

Here on Stratics it unfortunately always comes down to some troll shouting "But I paid for it and I'm special!!!!" all the time :rolleyes:
#1 is you are upset because you can't get them I understand. You do understand that a lot of VETs give free rides to other players so it really balances out in the long run, just ask around.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, but there's a difference between using vet rewards you are given and having the attitude that they owe you vet rewards for having played a long time. I have always been against vet rewards (predominantly because I hate artificial boundaries like that as they just create bad feelings), but of course I use them.
I never said they owed me, I stated that VET Rewards were given out by UO for our loyalty and UO not us decided what we got. There are a lot of VETs giving FREE rides so this unbalance garbage is pure BS.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I never said they owed me, I stated that VET Rewards were given out by UO for our loyalty and UO not us decided what we got. There are a lot of VETs giving FREE rides so this unbalance garbage is pure BS.
Because UO is one of those game where in general you trust people. I've heard more than one fit thrown in Atlantic chat lately about someone ripping off someone else in a transfer deal. It's still a pain for everyone involved and the shards are dying.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because UO is one of those game where in general you trust people. I've heard more than one fit thrown in Atlantic chat lately about someone ripping off someone else in a transfer deal. It's still a pain for everyone involved and the shards are dying.
Been gone awhile but there use to be threads here from trusted players offering rides, did they go away.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That ship has sailed, would probably piss so many people off they would actually lose money from closing accounts if they did away with shields now.

Long term planning, frequent global event arcs, bug fixes, would do a lot more to keep/attract payers than anything they could do.

Hell, they can't even figure out what they want EJ to be like, even after all this time.

Mesanna says they ahve something for the Holidays in December besides Artisan Festival, Kyronix says at the GL M&G that there will be an artisan festival...so what is the answer? Does anyone know? If the two main team members don't know, who does? LOL

And in the meantime, as the ship sails listlessly with no firm course, more houses are dropping...even on Legends.
HEhe be sure to keep a eye on my NW Zento Square warehouse lots of good stuff is going to hit the ground when it falls. I believe that one will go toward the end of August.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Been gone awhile but there use to be threads here from trusted players offering rides, did they go away.
I still offer free rides to anyone who wants them to any shard, although I did stop posting it here since most people wanting them just icq me anyway. There are definitely still free rides available though. I should probably start posting about it again.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still offer free rides to anyone who wants them to any shard, although I did stop posting it here since most people wanting them just icq me anyway. There are definitely still free rides available though. I should probably start posting about it again.
I often do as well as long as people realize that I am a night owl... 3rd shifter... and I generally work every single weekend. Fri-Sun and don't really have any time on the weekends for meeting anyone. But Mon-Thurs I generally can if it's not in prime time or the AM... as there is no way I'm going to be around till afternoons (CDT)...

Also, there are only 10 tokens on a shield... and you only get 1 back per month... so I can't take 50 trips to Atl in a month... just not happening.

If I do a transfer for anyone I prefer if you bag your stuff in a distinctive bag or box and put a book in it with your character name and the name of the character I'll be meeting on the other shard and what shard you want me to go to. (trust me my memory isn't what it used to be)...

I prefer people PM me here or on Discord. I don't do ICQ anymore... lucky to log into that once a month if ever.

If you PM me please allow for time for me to check here. And I can give you my Discord information. (And you do NOT need a mic for Discord ... you don't have to speak Discord does it all video, text, speech)

And if you haven't joined yet there is a Discord Server that seems to have everyone who's anyone on it feel free to join everyone else has:

Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well this thread didn't turn into a troll fest as i first expected. There are actually some pretty good ideas and good discussion on topic.
Here's my stance on all of this

The main argument that i see is that shard shields creates an imbalance between players that have them and players that don't. Well, Yes and no. Transfer tokens are available to everyone however they are ridiculously overpriced.
Transfer tokens are 20 bucks so lets fix this by taking shard shields away from the Vets!!!!! That isn't gonna happen bud sorry.

1- You just dont take gifts back once awarded (it's poor practice).
2- Many players keep accounts open that they dont even play just to have that account eligible someday (myself included). Removing shields would create a dramatic loss in revenue from cancellation of said accounts.
3- It's my personal belief that the UO store should NOT sell anything that can't be obtained through gameplay (with the exception of vanity items). That store takes away content that could be otherwise obtained through fun gameplay.
(I know that's not the way it is now but this belief is subject to another topic for a whole new discussion)

Ok so Shard Shields aren't going anywhere so how do you level the playing field for those that don't have them?
There are several ways to ease the disparity for players with younger accounts.

1- Remove the account bound tag so they can be used by anyone. The tokens generated from the shield would however remain account bound. Younger account holders could then purchase the shields from vets for what i'm sure would be an insane amount of gold.
2- Lower the price on transfer tokens purchased from the UO store.
-Lets put this into perspective. It costs us the equivalent of TWO MONTHS subscription just to transfer a character from one shard to another. That's absurd!
3- Mailbox's between shards - Thank you @Tabin I do like this one. Should be a 20 year vet reward lol just kidding! I think a 5th year selection would be appropriate for something like this.

I'm gonna wrap this up with my thoughts on what should and should not be allowed to to transfer (shard bound).
In short, i feel that if an item can be obtained on any shard it should be allowed to transfer. Power scrolls and primers included.
If items generated on a shard are only generated on that shard then they should be shard bound. This would include making all EM drops shard bound. Keeping those items home would help preserve the history of that shard.
So simple, but you nailed it with number 2. Shard shields wouldn't be so imbalanced if transfers didn't cost $20 and players were doing it for free.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So simple, but you nailed it with number 2. Shard shields wouldn't be so imbalanced if transfers didn't cost $20 and players were doing it for free.
And there are still people giving FREE rides so what is the problem. 2 trusted players just posted that they still do this. Balance achieved.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There are people in game I trust. If I ask Uriah to drop me off 100 mill or whatever I don't think twice about it. But that didn't happen in a day. It takes me a long time to trust someone and one can't just hop in the game as someone brand new and trust anyone just running around. There should be a system. A better system. Cause the game is in real trouble. I'd like to see someone here jump into a brand new game where they knew no one or really anything about the game and start blindly trusting people through trial and error. In general that would be a bad experience. And it's not like some people don't just change one day and decide to cash in or decide that they are going to rip one person off for a platinum or 2 of rares. I've see it reported, ya never really know if it's true or not. The current way people work transfers with the trust system just isn't a solid way to do business. In real life you'd never hand someone 100K and shake hands and believe they would invest it properly for ya. It's not the best idea. The thing that really bugs me about it is Mesanna sees the problem, knows it exists and does nothing. If she isn't bright enough to figure out a system then she should listen to someone who is. Even if it's a 10 item mailbox transfer a month or some other band-aid for the time being. But something seriously needs to be done sooner than later.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are people in game I trust. If I ask Uriah to drop me off 100 mill or whatever I don't think twice about it. But that didn't happen in a day. It takes me a long time to trust someone and one can't just hop in the game as someone brand new and trust anyone just running around. There should be a system. A better system. Cause the game is in real trouble. I'd like to see someone here jump into a brand new game where they knew no one or really anything about the game and start blindly trusting people through trial and error. In general that would be a bad experience. And it's not like some people don't just change one day and decide to cash in or decide that they are going to rip one person off for a platinum or 2 of rares. I've see it reported, ya never really know if it's true or not. The current way people work transfers with the trust system just isn't a solid way to do business. In real life you'd never hand someone 100K and shake hands and believe they would invest it properly for ya. It's not the best idea. The thing that really bugs me about it is Mesanna sees the problem, knows it exists and does nothing. If she isn't bright enough to figure out a system then she should listen to someone who is. Even if it's a 10 item mailbox transfer a month or some other band-aid for the time being. But something seriously needs to be done sooner than later.
A couple of months ago someone did just what you're saying. They had recently come back to UO on Oceana, saw my post here saying that I would do this for people and they PM'd me asking if I would go to 2 servers and pick up stuff for them and take it to Oceana... And I did. They didn't know me from Mud.

Just saying. It does happen.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A couple of months ago someone did just what you're saying. They had recently come back to UO on Oceana, saw my post here saying that I would do this for people and they PM'd me asking if I would go to 2 servers and pick up stuff for them and take it to Oceana... And I did. They didn't know me from Mud.

Just saying. It does happen.
That's not what he said at all. He's talking about the bad experiences that do happen. I'd doubt a real new person ever finds Stratics in the first few months.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
everybody thinks it is an easy problem that with a snap of their fingers the DEVs can fix everything. Mesanna can't do what she wants without considering EAs bottom line, I really couldn't believe that we got the Shard Shields in the first place but we did and as more accounts get them the more money EA loses so what does she do, take them away, aint gonna happen. Lower the age, don't think EA would like that. Give us other ways to cut into EAs bottom line, not sure she could do that either. There are a lot of things that I do not like in the game that I have to accept that IMHO unbalance things just as much as people think transfers do. There is one thing that everybody playing UO has to have and they are reserved for a select group of UO players, now why is that and now our pets will need them and they still want more. I guess we all have to learn to live with stuff we don't like or quit.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
everybody thinks it is an easy problem that with a snap of their fingers the DEVs can fix everything. Mesanna can't do what she wants without considering EAs bottom line, I really couldn't believe that we got the Shard Shields in the first place but we did and as more accounts get them the more money EA loses so what does she do, take them away, aint gonna happen. Lower the age, don't think EA would like that. Give us other ways to cut into EAs bottom line, not sure she could do that either. There are a lot of things that I do not like in the game that I have to accept that IMHO unbalance things just as much as people think transfers do. There is one thing that everybody playing UO has to have and they are reserved for a select group of UO players, now why is that and now our pets will need them and they still want more. I guess we all have to learn to live with stuff we don't like or quit.
Well you certainly have a grasp of the situation. I do feel Mesanna needs to grow a spine though. The bottom line gets effected when people get sick of it and quit too :) Or they log into a shard for the first time and it appears dead and they can't buy anything they need. Do they know there's just one shard left Atlantic and move with the herd or do they just assume UO is dead? I think the big problem is Mesanna has the title but really doesn't have any authority. She has to answer to her boss at BS and he has to answer to EA. So she's pretty far down on the list when it comes to making any big calls. But there comes a time she should hike up her skirt and get in there and fight for the game and the players. Honestly I don't care how they pull it of game mechanic wise but they need to do something about getting items to the lower population shards that are dying off.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Btw anyone needing transfers between origin napa or atlantic I'll be happy to help. I actually have a bag of tokens taking up needed space lol.

Just pm me here. I don't use any messaging systems.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well you certainly have a grasp of the situation. I do feel Mesanna needs to grow a spine though. The bottom line gets effected when people get sick of it and quit too :) Or they log into a shard for the first time and it appears dead and they can't buy anything they need. Do they know there's just one shard left Atlantic and move with the herd or do they just assume UO is dead? I think the big problem is Mesanna has the title but really doesn't have any authority. She has to answer to her boss at BS and he has to answer to EA. So she's pretty far down on the list when it comes to making any big calls. But there comes a time she should hike up her skirt and get in there and fight for the game and the players. Honestly I don't care how they pull it of game mechanic wise but they need to do something about getting items to the lower population shards that are dying off.
I worked intel for 21 years and it made me kinda of a hard core realist esp when it comes to the real world and while we play a game Mesanna works in the real world and I don't think Bonnie or Rob have the cojones to risk their jobs esp in todays market. UO caters to much to small groups as a whole, puts on flame suit, rares and PSs are the big money makers and are controlled by a small minority of the player base a possible solution is EM drop vending machine and shard bound and all UO becomes constitutional PvP unless you are in VvV and they get a major equipment upgrade that only works with VvV with leader boards posted. That balances the playing field for all players and then there wouldn't be that big need to shard hop. Yes I shard hop to bring things back to home to help others and myself and I also sell goods on Atl because that is where the market is. The reality is this will never happen because those 2 groups will never give up control of their goodies but expect the rest of the player base to go along with all their suggestions or we are just a bunch of cry babies.