• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MY fishing quest create disappeared

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was headed from vesper to moonglow, when I arrived at moonglow the monger didnt recognize my quest, went to the ship and the quest create is gone and the quest is still active in my log.

any advice?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never seen that happen ever, are you absolutely sure you're on the right ship ?

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. it was real simple too. just started back fishing, and this was the 2nd quest in the chain. I just canceled the d*** thing. I have seen this happen before, rather herd it happen before and If my remember right it was at moonglow also. years ago. someone was much higher up the chain of quest and had to back out of one, because the create disappeared. infact it altered the way this person took quest. buy only excepting certain ones or making sure they avoided certain ones... it been a awhile and I just returned. it hasnt all come back to me yet, but I think this is the first it has happened to me, I was an avid fisherman the last I played.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use to fish and do the monger quest all day long ( not exaggerating at least 8 hours a day) - for about three years and that never happened to me nor I have ever heard of it happening to anyone. I'll look around and see if I can find anything - kinda curious now.

But, you do know you don't have to actually sail to each dock. You just have to be on the same sub-server (? not sure correct term - just what I call it lol). This map shows the server lines. You just have to be in the correct server line area for the town and can then recall to the docks and turn in. Britain in on its own. Trinsic, Skara, and Jhelom are together. (This means that you can be in one spot and and recall to any of those three and the monger will accept it as if your boat was at his dock.) Vesper is on its own. For Papua, you will still have to use the pillars but once you cross, you can recall to docks and back. Moonglow and the Floating Dock are together. You will still have to sail to the floating docks unless you have a boat parked there that yo u can recall to.

If I had better computer skills, I'd draw a line to show you my sailing path. Hopefully, you should be able to see how sailing mainly between Buc's and Magincia, you are able to reach just about all Monger docks.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, I know.. as long as you're within server lines. I just haven't played in like 4yrs. and my quest was definitely bugg'd I should have screen shot the whole thing, but I figured I was just forgetting something. but as i said it was a 2 part newly started quest, 20 walleye 10 dungeon fish i forget now which one. since started a new.. going to after my 120PS I neglected last time I was fishing. see if I can stay serious long enough to get a couple.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to fish a lot before.... I had tons of stuff, I won the fishing contest 2012 at the hall of fame players... did my name get mentioned.. no0o0oooo heh

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to fish a lot before.... I had tons of stuff, I won the fishing contest 2012 at the hall of fame players... did my name get mentioned.. no0o0oooo heh
Have you tried moving the chests around in your bag to see if the missing chest has somehow got directly under one of the others? or you could just log into EC and look in grid view.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, I tried both EC and went back and forth over the server line, ect. nothing I could think of worked. in the ships hold there was a hole, where I had stacked fish around it. it was when the monger didnt recognize it, I went back to check to make sure I filed it all.. I had just woke up and filed the quest...and set sail for moonglow, crossed the sever line and recalled over. I paged a GM gave em' 10 mins maybe 15m and I was moving on.. wasnt going to wait for them to tell me they couldnt do anything, but ya never know. so.. I did... restarted the quest.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, in all fairness, I could have been my mistake. I could have d.click the mongor so fast it triple clicked. giving me the appearance that my quest wasnt excepted. which was I believe, in short, having found a reward I couldnt verify other than it came from the one guy moonglow. the thing that got me was I couldnt get another quest at the time from the mongor. it's has been smooth sailing since.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
ok, in all fairness, I could have been my mistake. I could have d.click the mongor so fast it triple clicked. giving me the appearance that my quest wasnt excepted. which was I believe, in short, having found a reward I couldnt verify other than it came from the one guy moonglow. the thing that got me was I couldnt get another quest at the time from the mongor. it all been smooth sailing since.
I like the sailing part..