• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Make Last" macro in EC

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Hi
I just cannot get this to work...
Usually the option in the crafting gump "Make Max" is sufficient, but for inscribing mana is needed
I want to make a macro where the char meditates after every 2-3 items

There is even a button called make last in the macro menu, but when I click it I only get the message " You must use the tool first" even when the crafting gump is open and I have just made an item with this tool...

Anyone any ideas ?

Thankyou

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've long been waiting for "petemage UI" for the EC

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Crafting macros never work with default UI. Those need static gumpID to work.
Usually, default crafting gump generated as generic gump. It doesn't have static gumpID.
Crafting gupm in Pinco's UI has static gumpID,yes these macros are for Pinco's UI.

Current default UI is degraded copy of Pinco's UI. It doesn't have some necessary programs. It has many mistake.
For example, you can't set filter of object handle two or more. It always applies last one.
I sent some bug report about UI problem with how to fix them long ago. But they couldn't fix. lol

Belmarduk

Adventurer
What is so annoying, is that there is even a button called "Make Last", but it does not work...
Is there any way to get this to work somehow ?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no I tried for ages to get that to do something and gave up.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Weird the make last button works for me most the time... What are you making?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is so annoying, is that there is even a button called "Make Last", but it does not work...
no I tried for ages to get that to do something and gave up.
Try putting two script actions (Action Menu > Other > Command) at the beginning of your macro with the following content:
script GenericGump.Shutdown = function() end
script GenericGump.OnShown = function () end
upload_2018-3-31_6-53-15.png

This works around a logic bug in the UI code. I'll spare everyone the boring details here..

It's important that those commands are run before you open the crafting menu. You could also just put them in hotbars and click them..

Might have sideffects with other gumps. Logout or hit Ctrl-R to revert it. A proper fix would at least need a custom mod.

Attachments

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The next publish is supposed to be a big bug fix and they are asking us to send in any bugs.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The next publish is supposed to be a big bug fix and they are asking us to send in any bugs.
Doubt they mean EC bugs with this. I would maybe do it if it hadn't proofed as totally pointless in the past..

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try putting two script actions (Action Menu > Other > Command) at the beginning of your macro with the following content:

View attachment 79357

This works around a logic bug in the UI code. I'll spare everyone the boring details here..

It's important that those commands are run before you open the crafting menu. You could also just put them in hotbars and click them..

Might have sideffects with other gumps. Logout or hit Ctrl-R to revert it. A proper fix would at least need a custom mod.
Thanks that works, I assume that if you put in a carpentry tool, or alchemy tool instead of the inscribe one that it will auto select the 'make last' off that tool. Although not sure why you would want to as it isn't like inscribe where you need to med in between uses etc. :coco:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks that works, I assume that if you put in a carpentry tool, or alchemy tool instead of the inscribe one that it will auto select the 'make last' off that tool. Although not sure why you would want to as it isn't like inscribe where you need to med in between uses etc. :coco:
Yea, they are all the same crafting gump and the "MakeLast" basically just is "Click the second button in the last opened crafting gump".

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How long would the delay's need to be between make last?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How long would the delay's need to be between make last?
I put in 30 seconds to do gate scrolls, i normally could make 4 before running out of mana. I edited the macro to make 4 scrolls with a 30 second delay in between each scroll then did a repeat macro x 10. So on one run I could make 40 without needing to watch it. (that is with 25 mr on a suit and NO MED) My scribe doesn't run med.

If you had med, I would make one, use med skill and time how long it took to get full mana, and add in a delay after the med for however many seconds it took to refresh your mana to max, then do the next. Better to med after each one so you probly wont fail on the med, if you make 4-5 then you are likely to 'fail' on the med and overall there is no technical difference in time in medding to replace 1 lot of mana for 1 scroll or 4 lots for making 4 scrolls. If that makes sense lol.

I have been reading forum while my girls makes 'gates' she is up to 27, technically you could make way more than 40 if you put in more 'make last' 'delays' on one run then repeat. At least I don't have to sit there watching it and can do other stuff while she does em.