• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #25

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't see a EJ acct being viable Siege. Very limited storage means they will not have the back up gear and resources to stay in the fight whether PvM or PvP. I am guessing on prodo they will have insurance and not have to rebuild even a half way decent loot suit from the ground up. Just can't see where Siege would be much fun on a EJ acct.
also how would an EJ account access it's soulstones if they're stored in the bank box? A really big deal on Siege. I would really prefer to see EJ accounts have access to bank boxes. Those 150-175 items you can store in there with storage increase and high seas will at least allow them to store the very basic supplies they need. Heck, disable storage increase if you must and limit them to 125 items. But let them access the bank box.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't see a EJ acct being viable Siege. Very limited storage means they will not have the back up gear and resources to stay in the fight whether PvM or PvP. I am guessing on prodo they will have insurance and not have to rebuild even a half way decent loot suit from the ground up. Just can't see where Siege would be much fun on a EJ acct.
Well it is pretty simple, you dont' create ONE EJ account on Siege you create 2. One to play the other to act as a 250 storage bank who sits in a safe log out like vesper bank or somewhere on a blue beetle. Which is what is gonna happen on every shard, not just siege.

And that is why the whole NO BANK idea is ludicrous. All they are gonna do is have EJ people creating 'bank accounts' of a different nature. The fact they can't fix it before it goes live is also ludicrous. SERIOUSLY? They can't just give them a flipping bank? Too hard? If they think people are gonna be nickle and dimed to buy basic storage they may as well just call it quits now. People are ONLY gonna subscribe to get a house, and the only way they are gonna do that is if they get rehooked on UO, not driven away in the first five seconds due to silly decisions such as no bank.

And these are the people we think are going to be able to police and stop the multiboxers that they have failed to police and stop for us the actual 'paying' subscribers for how many years? Yet now all of a sudden we are expected to believe they are able to do it for all those no non paying accounts? Again SERIOUSLY?

The feedback has been loud and clear yet they cannot FIX this situation before it goes live?

NO HOPE.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well it is pretty simple, you dont' create ONE EJ account on Siege you create 2. One to play the other to act as a 250 storage bank who sits in a safe log out like vesper bank or somewhere on a blue beetle. Which is what is gonna happen on every shard, not just siege.

And that is why the whole NO BANK idea is ludicrous. All they are gonna do is have EJ people creating 'bank accounts' of a different nature. The fact they can't fix it before it goes live is also ludicrous. SERIOUSLY? They can't just give them a flipping bank? Too hard? If they think people are gonna be nickle and dimed to buy basic storage they may as well just call it quits now. People are ONLY gonna subscribe to get a house, and the only way they are gonna do that is if they get rehooked on UO, not driven away in the first five seconds due to silly decisions such as no bank.

And these are the people we think are going to be able to police and stop the multiboxers that they have failed to police and stop for us the actual 'paying' subscribers for how many years? Yet now all of a sudden we are expected to believe they are able to do it for all those no non paying accounts? Again SERIOUSLY?

The feedback has been loud and clear yet they cannot FIX this situation before it goes live?

NO HOPE.
If their fix for multiboxing is as solid as their "You need an active UO account to post on our forums", it might as well only be a bluff and they don't have one at all. The fact that they already stress they will have a counter on the websites seconds my thoughts. Reads to me just like "You might not see a difference in game, but here are some random numbers so you can believe us". Smoke and mirrors and another six months of people keeping subs up..

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Heck, disable storage increase if you must and limit them to 125 items. But let them access the bank box.

I think the whole idea was for them to sell vault space for extra storage, however I strongly disagree for EJ accounts to have a full bank box as it would lead to abuse and actually hope they won't be allowed to own or use blue beetles for storage. I think they should allow returning vets to access their bank box but limit storage to 25 items with a weight limit, so if an item is removed from the bank and there's more then 25 items or set weight then it cannot be placed back until extra storage is either purchased or account is subbed. Now if people want to create multiple accounts just for storage then that's up to them, personally I would find it more of a nuisance having to cycle through multiple accounts just for storage but to each their own

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also how would an EJ account access it's soulstones if they're stored in the bank box? A really big deal on Siege. I would really prefer to see EJ accounts have access to bank boxes. Those 150-175 items you can store in there with storage increase and high seas will at least allow them to store the very basic supplies they need. Heck, disable storage increase if you must and limit them to 125 items. But let them access the bank box.
Start um at 100. Add 25 slots for 5 bucks. Max of 250.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they should allow returning vets to access their bank box but limit storage to 25 items with a weight limit, so if an item is removed from the bank and there's more then 25 items or set weight then it cannot be placed back until extra storage is either purchased or account is subbed.
If you seriously think, that there is even a single returning vet, who has a less than 25 items in a bank of a char he actively played, then you probably have never played this game :p
And they already said, that you'll be able to remove a certain amount of items from your bank box.

Zaiko

Visitor
It's pretty dumb considering you can just make multiple accounts so you can just have another account logged in to hold all your stuff at a trammel/malas bank. Very easy workaround, just going to frustrate people while not actually restricting anything to not allow EJ accounts access to bank.

I understand they don't want a whole ton of people playing for free and not ever paying anything, but that's not the right limitation imo.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please also remember when we release Endless Journey we will be taking actions against multiboxing users. We will be posting once a month on UO.com the number of warnings/bannings actioned against violators so you are aware we are catching people. We will need your assistance with this and we are asking that you page on the players you are witnessing using multiboxing.

awesome i may start doing EM Events again after this.....well done devs at least one step in the right direction!!!!
I love that she still doesnt know the difference between multiboxing and multiboting. I highly doubt anyone is really multiboxing but rather they are multiboting. Regardless im extremely happy they are going to at least try and deter the situation.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see EJ's also NOT be able to insta log, even in an inn. This will at least slow down the bod grabbers. You shouldnt get free safe log outs, anywhere, on a free account. imo

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting to read that old terminated accounts might be allowed back.

My first UO account was blocked when I used that old "stat" trick to raise my characters stats (Raise skill to 10, lower to 0, raise to 10...repeat), apparently that was classified as an exploit at the time lol.

I wish I could get back my 2nd account, that one was 10 years older or more and was hacked into, I didn't even know as I'd taken a break, I lost so much stuff and a whole lot of memories too.

Customer service just wasn't interested in helping though.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've all waited over a decade for a bug fixing patch, and this is what they come up with:

• Addition of level 5 and 6 maps as rewards from the Hag quest
  • Updates to the Seed Box that allow you to remove a quantity instead of just 1 or all
  • Ability to dye Time of Legends items with natural dyes
  • Fixing an issue with mannequins and talismans not equipping or becoming "owned by" properly

What is Mesanna doing with all the bug reports? eating them?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've all waited over a decade for a bug fixing patch, and this is what they come up with:
Neither Pub 99 nor EJ ist out of the door and you expect them to post the full list of bugfixes, they're going to release in 3 months at soonest?
:facepalm:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see EJ's also NOT be able to insta log, even in an inn. This will at least slow down the bod grabbers. You shouldnt get free safe log outs, anywhere, on a free account. imo
BODs are about to be as useless as regs. I still can not believe they let that go to publish.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

• Updates to the Seed Box that allow you to remove a quantity instead of just 1 or all
  • Fixing an issue with mannequins and talismans not equipping or becoming "owned by" properly

The BUG FIX is pub 100, this is pub 99 which is for EJ.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I'm sure this is only a partial list ...

Neither Pub 99 nor EJ ist out of the door and you expect them to post the full list of bugfixes, they're going to release in 3 months at soonest?
:facepalm:
Pub 100 will be bug fixes - including EJ. Don't forget that. As I said before ... EJ will be the biggest bug to squash and it shall be done poorly. Plan on a lot of EJ fixes in Pubs 100, 101 and possibly 102.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm sure this is only a partial list ...

Pub 100 will be bug fixes - including EJ. Don't forget that. As I said before ... EJ will be the biggest bug to squash and it shall be done poorly. Plan on a lot of EJ fixes in Pubs 100, 101 and possibly 102.
And all the bugs they don’t fix after 102 will just be left and everyone will accept it like we all was do lol

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally care more about new player experience than I do people collecting extra bods.