• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Subscriber perks and welcoming packs brainstorm

I noticed the phrasing of Endless Journey reveals what features players don't have access to. Firstly, I think it'll be good to list the benefits of subscribing rather than the restrictions of not subscribing. Secondly, let's brainstorm new perks that will entice players to subscribe.

Possible subscriber perks:
  • Monthly store credit (500?)
  • Daily skill power hour (only on login, doesn't stack) that can be started manually.
  • Luck bonus (250?)
  • Rares lottery: every month a x subscribers get a cool rare item in their inventory.
  • A stat perk per character that can be changed daily (+1 FC, FCR, etc.)
  • Extra title options that display so long you're still subscribed.
  • 10% discount at all player and non-player vendors in-game (UO bank pays for the difference, so you receive your full price as a seller)

I would also consider a one-time welcoming package/gifts when you subscribe:
  • (returning veterans) Unique wearable(s) with a unique ghostly hue (transparent like ethereal called "Ghost from the past"). Perhaps a "[Name] returned on [date]" addition?
  • (first time subscribers) Unique wearable(s) with a unique fresh, bright hue called "Fresh meat". Perhaps with a "[name] at [date]".
  • Titles along the lines of the above options.
  • Bag of food with bonuses and potions.
  • A level 5 treasure map that has a special hue and special name, with unique bonus to loot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Best thing you can do for new players is play with them in content relevant to their skill. Everyone wants to take them to peerless stuff and stuff they do. Slum it and make some new friends.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This is what you get when you subscribe, so your comment isn't relevant.
So your ideas to help new EJ players is to give long time veterans more stuff? Super lol New subscriber gifts would be ok I guess. I general it's too complicated for BS to do. They're not going to bother to code in if your a vet or new or whatever. Pretty colored boots and robes that scream newbie isn't going to be all that big a deal if it were me. Having made a new guy on Atlantic recently I'd much rather have a nice shield or something.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That business model offers endless possibilities!

I.e. Premium subscription, which is a little bit more expensive, i.e 29.99$ per month, but you get the following premium subscriber perks:
  • Monthly store credit (501)
  • Daily skill happy hour: when one skill increases, a second random one increases as well (ignores skill lock)
  • Special luck bonus: reduces the likelihood of client crashes by 1%
  • Super rares lottery: Every month a single subscriber can win a tunic, which looks like a doublet when equipped and like a full apron when not equipped.
  • Premium titles like: Payer of Bills & Winner of Account Management.
  • Unique mount: Three-legged llama, that can only run backwards. (only usable while subbed)

Recurring welcome package, every time payment comes in (tough luck, 6mo GTC users...):
  • Special third client usable for 21 days, which looks like EC, but has the macros and UI from the CC. UOA doesn't work with that.
  • Cake, poisoned with lethal poison.
  • Unique mount: Undead three-legged llama. One-time-use. Can only be used while a ghost.
I'd sub that in a heartbeat.

Again, this thread is solely about coming up with cool subscriber perks, to entice EJ players to subscribe, and one-time welcoming gifts that differentiate among accounts that are entirely new and accounts that subscribed somewhere in the past.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That business model offers endless possibilities!

I.e. Premium subscription, which is a little bit more expensive, i.e 29.99$ per month, but you get the following premium subscriber perks:
  • Monthly store credit (501)
  • Daily skill happy hour: when one skill increases, a second random one increases as well (ignores skill lock)
  • Special luck bonus: reduces the likelihood of client crashes by 1%
  • Super rares lottery: Every month a single subscriber can win a tunic, which looks like a doublet when equipped and like a full apron when not equipped.
  • Premium titles like: Payer of Bills & Winner of Account Management.
  • Unique mount: Three-legged llama, that can only run backwards. (only usable while subbed)

Recurring welcome package, every time payment comes in (tough luck, 6mo GTC users...):
  • Special third client usable for 21 days, which looks like EC, but has the macros and UI from the CC. UOA doesn't work with that.
  • Cake, poisoned with lethal poison.
  • Unique mount: Undead three-legged llama. One-time-use. Can only be used while a ghost.
I'd sub that in a heartbeat.
Third client? Are you serious?? That’s the last thing this game needs. Not happening.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed the phrasing of Endless Journey reveals what features players don't have access to. Firstly, I think it'll be good to list the benefits of subscribing rather than the restrictions of not subscribing. Secondly, let's brainstorm new perks that will entice players to subscribe.

• Daily skill power hour (only on login, doesn't stack) that can be started manually.

This certainly should be a thing. Should have been a thing for such a long time. Training skills in this game just isn't content that belongs to the on-going current century. Daily log-in reward in form of accelerated skill gain for 30 mins to an hour would have done much.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One free mythic character token for every single brand new account that subscribes for a month.
One free über-mythic 2000 character token* for every single brand new account that subscribes for three months.

über-mythic 2000 character token sets five skills to 100.0