• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plant Question

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Hi all

I am trying to grow Orange Petals
I am currently growing towards Bright Orange Pampas Grass and have about 9 each of red+yellow seeds growing now in raised garden beds (day 3-4)
On day 7 I should see which plant will be the result and discard the plnats which are not needed for going towards the "Orange petal plants "
From reading through all howtos ( am totally new to this profession ) I am left with following questions:

Regarding the colors:
The plants will then already be yellow and red plants ? Which I must then further cross polinate to get to bright orange ?

When I finally have the Bright Orange Plant needed for the Petals I will receive the petals AND the seeds of these plants ? Meaning I could grow this plant 8x again without having to cross-polinate again ?

So I will in the end have, additonally to the petals, heaps of seeds for aka the Bright Orange Pampa Grass ?

Using Fertile earth when planting the seed will halve the days needed till ressouces/new seeds ?
Even with raised garden beds ?

Thankyou and kind regards
B.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the colors:
The plants will then already be yellow and red plants ? Which I must then further cross polinate to get to bright orange ?
yes :)
When I finally have the Bright Orange Plant needed for the Petals I will receive the petals AND the seeds of these plants ? Meaning I could grow this plant 8x again without having to cross-polinate again ?

So I will in the end have, additonally to the petals, heaps of seeds for aka the Bright Orange Pampa Grass ?

Using Fertile earth when planting the seed will halve the days needed till ressouces/new seeds ?
Even with raised garden beds ?
this is the only no..... fertile dirt only gives a chance of double growth in a cycle, it's not certain

Belmarduk

Adventurer
The only day which would be bad to miss is day 9 for cross-breeding, I think, otherwise nothing can "happen"
So it probably would be best not to use fertile earth until growing the finished Orange Pampa Grass for petals+seeds

The plant selfpollinates after day 9 - Can the seeds+petals decay at some stage or will they be there even after eg. 3 weeks ? (raised garden bed which needs no maintenance)

Belmarduk

Adventurer
Thankyou for clarification

Just to be really sure:
After the plant has produced seeds and ressources it is done for good ? aka must be set to deco mode and removed from raised garden bed
So I use the seeds it has produced to make (8) new plants and then only have to wait till it has selfpollunated and produced its set of seeds+petals - then rinse repeat ?

Belmarduk

Adventurer
You could use fertile dirt if you're just growing the plants for resources and are not planning to self-pollinate if you can stand not having everything on the same schedule of planting and harvesting.
I thought the plant self-pollinates always (except plants which produce no seeds) -> I plant the bright orange pampa grass seed and it will eventually self-pollinate and then produce seeds+petals ?

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You will still get 8 orange petals at the end, but with 8 black or white seeds :) Then you plant the seeds and they give you black and white plants, with no resources and no seeds.