• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can EJ even USE gold?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It hit me last night....

With the banking changes, all transactions use gold from one's bank. The only things I can think of that use gold coin are

1. Dropping gold on NPCs to "buy up"/train skill
  2. certain quests that require gold (and that gold has to be marked as a quest item), such as entry into the Prism
  3. Making gold dust.

You can have 60,000 gold in your backpack, but can't even buy a 5 GP loaf of bread with it - because purchases come out of your bank funds.

I wonder if BS forgot this change until recently.....

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I brought this up in a few threads, no one responded.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering about that for pet stabling as well since stable fees come out of your bank.

I was hoping on opening a bunch of EJ accounts and building tamers to hold pets until I could acquire all the scrolls I'd need to build what I want.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can still go to the bank and say "withdraw" X amount of gold. Someone should test if they can do that somehow...

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still use gold and deposit gold through the withdraw and deposit commands. I recommended they add a withdraw menu command, however.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They actually didn't put it anywhere in the notes that I could see, but they added another option to the banking menu for EJ accounts.

EJBank.jpg

using the last option...Make Deposit into currency account, will bring up a cursor you can use to target gold in your backpack and it will go into your virtual ~bank~ or gold storage so yes, EJ can still use gold, that's a rather silly question lol.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I didn't think it was silly. That's a really convoluted way to use currency. I've never seen it's like ever.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And how is someone supposed to know that is what needs to be done?

ESPECIALLY returning EJ players from before the bank changes, when nearly everything came out of your pack first, by default.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That stupid menu opens when you say bank.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Which is why I keep insisting that they need a very in-depth new player experience....not just throw some stuff in the store and hope they figure it out....or hoping they'll find what they need in the ~wiki~

ALL of the games I have played have basic tutorials...how to move, how to equip weapons and armor, how to travel etc....

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And how is someone supposed to know that is what needs to be done?

ESPECIALLY returning EJ players from before the bank changes, when nearly everything came out of your pack first, by default.
They need to change this back how it use to be

I hate trying to buy something from an Npc and having gold on me and they say I don’t have any gold or enough very lame to say the least

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the max you can deposit into a currency account for EJ owners?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They haven't stated a limit so probably there is none.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The new banking system came in while I was not an active player. It was so confusing, for something as simple as putting in and taking out gp. I had to google it !!!!

Returning / new players won't have a clue, the 2 most used and straight-forward banking options should be at the top of that silly menu you get when you say ' Bank ' and they should have a small tooltip on hover.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as a player who has been here since the beginning i have to admit i could not figure this out today.
i was at the bank on one of my daughters account and i thought..... how are they gonna get money in the bank to cover insurance?
so i was farting around at the bank and i could not figure it out.
i didnt notice that last option on the screen.

so if a experienced player couldn't figure it out how the hell is a new player or returning player going to figure it out?

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
as a player who has been here since the beginning i have to admit i could not figure this out today.
i was at the bank on one of my daughters account and i thought..... how are they gonna get money in the bank to cover insurance?
so i was farting around at the bank and i could not figure it out.
i didnt notice that last option on the screen.

so if a experienced player couldn't figure it out how the hell is a new player or returning player going to figure it out?
It’s very dumb. Just give them a normal bank.