• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet ~great Lakes~ March 26, 2018

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet ~great Lakes~ March 26, 2018

[Kyronix]: Glad to see everyone! We will begin momentarily

[Kyronix]: Alrighty, seems Misk and Mesanna are having some connection issues

[Kyronix]: So we are going to go ahead and get started

[Kyronix]: Mal or Bella wanna pull the questioners?

[EM Elizabella]: *smiles*

[EM Malachi]: Sure.

[EM Malachi]: *smiles*

[SweetPeez Meezad]: :D

[SweetPeez Meezad]: girkle

[SweetPeez Meezad]: AARP Grate und Glorious Hulkin Hummiez!

[Kyronix]: Good Evening!

[Bleak]: Hello!

[SweetPeez Meezad]: err und uh flappie

[SweetPeez Meezad]: Furst, meez hab uh list ob spellz dat dun wurk wif da goblin statue but dooz wif...
Read more about this article here...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
[Kyronix]: We've talked about other ways to pump revenue into the cities for the trade deals

[Kyronix]: Although splitting it amongst them doesn't really jive with the idea of loyalty to a single city
The trade deals don't inspire loyalty to the cities. Many players swap city loyalty if their preferred trade deal changes, so what that trade deals really inspire loyalty to is the trade guilds.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The party answer is confusing. If you are at Mel and you break party, each person gets imbuing ingredients in the body and the chance of a drop. If you do not break party there is one ingredient and 1 chance at a drop. We usually break party but sometimes we forget.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes I found the answer a bit confusing too, sometimes we break party and sometimes not, depending on where we go on guild hunts, I wish there was some definitive list one way or the other.
I think Kyronix should do the M&G's by himself from now on, he did a great job, always professional and so nice! :thumbsup:
I don't have a problem with people RP'ing, in fact I think it can be fun, but I wish people would speak English at these sessions. I just take too long to read anything written in Goblinese or whatever so I end up just not reading it at all. No offense meant towards anyone, I just want to read through as quick as possible. :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The main reason for breaking parties has always been to divide up the stuff randomly between the party.

Things like crafting ingredients, rare loot (CCs, Dread's Revenge, etc. that are on the corpse), etc. as well as making looting not as much a feeding frenzy.

The latter is simple - many bosses have far too much loot for one person to go through if you remain partied (the roof is really bad for this, as are Crimson Dragons at events). There's also the danger of what happens with a dishonest person looting for the party (we had an alliance shatter in 2006 because I watched the alliance leader loot, and they pocketed a Dread's Revenge and pretended it wasn't in the corpse). Breaking the party allows each person to get a smaller portion of the loot to look through (and all the people I party with actually tell others when there are things they don't want, but the others might - often setting it down outside the corpse), and reduces the number of items for when the corpses combine for everyone to look through. It had nothing to do with trying to increase loot, originally. That interpretation came from a mis-statement from a dev on how loot worked 10 years ago or so, years after breaking the party originated.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't have a problem with people RP'ing, in fact I think it can be fun, but I wish people would speak English at these sessions. I just take too long to read anything written in Goblinese or whatever so I end up just not reading it at all. No offense meant towards anyone, I just want to read through as quick as possible. [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:([/bcolor]
I know the Goblins from Chesapeake. They never break character... ever. Even if you are one on one with them talking about something totally not game related... You get used to it. Plus the one types better as a goblin than as a human~

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I made it through the first one, scrolled through the rest.
I’m just hoping someone will break it down in bullet points lol
me to

I know the Goblins from Chesapeake. They never break character... ever. Even if you are one on one with them talking about something totally not game related... You get used to it. Plus the one types better as a goblin than as a human~
They need to go to the school of hard knocks ;) (Knocks on the head)

I liked these two

[Velturus Viaxus]: There is a Malas rune in my backpack that leads to a portrait. The portrait is one we have tried to burn and curse, But its magics are stronger than we know. We have considered marking all of these locations that we can find, But we wanted to ask if these blemishes can be dealt with by your Powers. If they can, where may we send the list once we have gathered it,

[Kyronix]: You'll need to contact a GM and they can have a look at the issue

[Velturus Viaxus]: It is my belief that these artifacts and blemishes are, "Errors," from the beggining of time. Roofs several feet away from the Building, or in the case of this rune, A portrait that cannot be handled by mortal hands. We only seek to make our world look as best as possible.

[Kyronix]: A most noble effort!
((There is so much junk left in the woods from houses, across several shards))

[Britannic]: First, can you make the log-out process go to the character selection list instead of all the way out to the account login? So we don't have to log all the way out and log all the way back in just to change a character? Should I keep going or are you cogitating?

[Bleak]: This is possible but would require a rewrite of the login process

[Britannic]: Just something to consider to make changing toons a little easier.

((I like this one.))

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Goblin-speak is really not that hard to understand and I LOVE that they do it ALL the time....RP must live on!

But here are your bullet points for those who don't understand :)

SweetPeez wants to do the same things with the goblin statue that she can do with the ring and pole...she is going to send a list of spells that do not work to the team so they can address it in Publish 100

SweetPeaz thanks them for the new bulletin boards as she was going to ask for mailboxes for the governors.

SweetPeaz asks if they are planning on doing the Artisan Festival again this Christmas so she can set up BOD donation centers in preparation to which Kyronix answered that they will indeed have the Artisan Festival again this Christmas

Zoogi wants to split the gold that a town receives from a trade order to ALL towns so that all towns get some gold since some always have more then others and some can't afford to keep the buffs running

[Kyronix]: We've talked about other ways to pump revenue into the cities for the trade deals

[Kyronix]: Although splitting it amongst them doesn't really jive with the idea of loyalty to a single city

[Kyronix]: It's something we hope to address in a future publish

[Kyronix]: Especially given how popular the trade deals are overall

Zoogi wants to either buy or craft furniture that goblins can use, since they are smaller and can't seem to sit down!

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
reading goblinspeak makes me want to punch myself in the face.
YAY!! Iffn uzizn kan make yooz dooz dat tooz yoozsef jus bie talkin den dat iz uh guud day fur uzinz.
:danceb:(Diz wut meez doin at da taut ob yooz punchin yoozsef.) :troll:(purdee sur diz wuld beez zoogi reaktschun.)

Girkle Hummie! Yooz hab sabed yoozsef fum uh grate big peein on. (Dis iz guud fur one day onlee - abter dat yooz fair game uhgin und az alwayz meeez kant prommizz dat da udder Goblinz wont git yooz ineeway.)

Az fur da rest ob yooz - yooz tinkz itz inee fun tryin to guezz wut yooz hummiez r yellin aboot ull da time? Meez eben hab uh flappie loked down in da bazemint dat dooz nuffin boot tranzlate yooz squwalkin into purdy pikturdz dat meez kan understood. Und dere soo minkneez ob yooz - yooz multeeplie like da fluffie bunniez! Boot datz okiez - wun dey uzizn will poot into aktschun all da planz uzinz been fermentin und yooz beez bowin down too uzinz yooz Goblin Oberlordz!! :devil:

Errrrr, meeez meanz uzizn will trie und talkie slooooowleee fur ull yooz hummiez. :naughty-angel:

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Goblin-speak is really not that hard to understand and I LOVE that they do it ALL the time....RP must live on!

But here are your bullet points for those who don't understand
Girkle Hummie! Yooz tooz will beez be sabed fum da loong daze in da ice cream minez once da rebolution iz ober und all udder hummeiz r under uzizn kontrol!

Errr, meez meanz once hummiez help uzinz in da minez .... sur sur datz it.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Call me crazy but every time I see goblin speak I can't help but grin a little.
The first time or 2 I saw it, my head hurt afterward. But it grows on ya and yeah, there were some chuckles. I gotta see what I can do to get into the ice cream mines! I do love a good amount of ice cream! :)

@Sweetpeez ... whose shin do I kick to be sent to the ice cream mines (not those other ones) ?

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Sweetpeez ... whose shin do I kick to be sent to the ice cream mines (not those other ones) ?
Yooz kan kik meez und meez will pootz yooz into da ice cream minez since yooz volunteered to beez wun ob da furst hummie slabez. Errr, helper yerg yerg meez meant hummie helper.

DSC Napa

Dat cirkle tingy dun skare meez - kause furst yooz hab to katch meez!! Meez uh bery bery fast goblin.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, same here. I don't see why you can't break character to ask pertinent questions to the devs for the sake of polite clarity if nothing else.
Or just ask questions on another character that can speak English, lol
Edit: If you want to keep it RP, just call the English-speaking character a Goblin Ambassador, appearing on behalf of the goblins, because of their difficulty with human speech. Win, win, eh?:thumbup:

Last edited: