• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #25

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Disappointing that there won't be any storage for EJ players from the start. Will there be any changes to the New Player quests? Will they still be getting 1000 gp, a book and a candle? If they plan to launch EJ within the next two weeks that doesn't leave much time for making changes...:eek:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh I just noticed EJ accounts will be allowed to use the Test Centre, I think this is a good move and I'm glad the Devs listened! :thumbsup:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they are going to implement some kind of secure storage they really should release it initially with EJ rather than add it in after. It's all about first impressions.
Kinda like a major bug fix after EJ release. o_O

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a feeling that they could not make the Vault system work and they will have to give EJ accounts some storage. Unless someone can see the vault system on TC. That means no auctioned off goodies.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What do you mean, EJ accounts are allowed to collect BODs just like the paid accounts. Can we all say bring back the BOD Scripters.
Well, EJ can get a BOD but not bribe up. They can only harvest the low end of resources, meaning the BODs they can fill are basically nothing huge. Odds are you (or I) would drop them on the ground or in the trash - if not needed for a large.

Unless I'm missing something it hurts me none if they DO script the bods. Maybe they'll tip the RNG so **I** can get a decent one for a change.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, EJ can get a BOD but not bribe up. They can only harvest the low end of resources, meaning the BODs they can fill are basically nothing huge. Odds are you (or I) would drop them on the ground or in the trash - if not needed for a large.

Unless I'm missing something it hurts me none if they DO script the bods. Maybe they'll tip the RNG so **I** can get a decent one for a change.
They give the BODs to a paying account to bribe up or to fill the cheap ones to turn in to get another BOD on a paying account.

Not an activity I would have fun with or want to do.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They give the BODs to a paying account to bribe up or to fill the cheap ones to turn in to get another BOD on a paying account.

Not an activity I would have fun with or want to do.
Ahhhh ... hadn't really put all the pieces together. I missed or misunderstood the implications. Thanks!

I can safely say I'm in the "EJ should not have BOD access at all" group now.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm so glad my free accounts can receive Doom and Navery arty drops.... I have WAAAAY more free accounts then I do then paid accounts. My free accounts should get all the arty drops! Forget the monthly subscribing accounts... they are suckers! /sarcasm.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are going to implement some kind of secure storage they really should release it initially with EJ rather than add it in after. It's all about first impressions.
lol why not just bank boxes?? I feel like this is over thinking.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly what they should do. Even if it's a smaller amount of bank storage. I was just going from what they said in the newsletter.

"We are still actively developing means of allowing Endless Journey accounts access to some level of secure storage. These options will not be part of the initial release of Endless Journey and may come at a later time."

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
""Please also remember when we release Endless Journey we will be taking actions against multiboxing users""

Kind of find this one to be a day late and dollar short myself.
Well this is something you wanted, no?

Siege.png

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything is overthought. And overly complicated. Perish the thought someone could just log in and play. Give em a bank box, fer cryin out loud, the whole 125. Our population is down to the point now where server space cannot possible be an issue...so other than punitive pickyanny snobbishness what reason can there be to deny it?

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
IMHO not having storage at launch is insane. Might as well not even launch it. Everyone is gonna say this sucks and we'll never see them again
I think it's partly to avoid abuse and them wanting to sell "vault" space instead, personally I wouldn't mind them having a 25 item bank but definitely not more on a free account

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last night our guild welcomed back a returning player who seems to actually have an EJ account. Also, he was unable to USE a power scroll. He got a message saying "Endless Journey Accounts cannot use this item." or some such thing. This wasn't on test center, but on Chessy? Has this happened to anyone else? He also has no bank box. We were surprised this is active on production shards already.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Last night our guild welcomed back a returning player who seems to actually have an EJ account. Also, he was unable to USE a power scroll. He got a message saying "Endless Journey Accounts cannot use this item." or some such thing. This wasn't on test center, but on Chessy? Has this happened to anyone else? He also has no bank box. We were surprised this is active on production shards already.
Well EJ accounts *are* suppose to be able to use scrolls I thought? Anyway I'm not telling anyone about EJ till they get the storage issue resolved. I have like 5000 game friends on FB plus real life friends I'm gonna tell when they actually get it working. But not till they have some sort of bank regardless of how limited it is. Currently the only ones that are gonna want EJ are regular subscribers to get more bods and stuff.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Everything is overthought. And overly complicated. Perish the thought someone could just log in and play. Give em a bank box, fer cryin out loud, the whole 125. Our population is down to the point now where server space cannot possible be an issue...so other than punitive pickyanny snobbishness what reason can there be to deny it?
Yeah housing is the thing that makes UO desirable. I'd say that's the real kicker. No one does housing like UO. I really don't think storage is that big a deal. All my guys have almost nothing in the bank. Usually bandages, food and a few emergency recall scrolls. I work totally out of my houses. It's a pain cycling through characters trying to find something. But yeah give them storage. Whatever the storage is there will always be some that will figure out a way to abuse it. So my guy has 25 storage? I'll make 5 EJ accounts kinda thing. You simply can't do an end run with UO people lol

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last I checked EJ accounts can own blue beetles. Trying to limit the bank box for the “abuse” risk just leads to more EJ accounts sitting on beetles as storage.

KISS... give all accounts a freaking bank... no one is going to sub just to get a bank box, but not having some reasonable storage will drive folks away!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bank box is a must, surly it’s easier just to limit the amount of storage space.

If they are worried about scripting (why now after all these years) why not impose a weight limit on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is on a 14 day trial

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't UO Assist already for the classic client, or am I missing something here
Yeah, the wording is a little bit off there. AFAIK this is about having certain UOA functionality directly in the CC, without having to run UOA at all.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And then someone will start complaining to Mesanna about it and get beetle storage nerfed.
NAGH They will just make it where EJ cant own any Pet or board a ship. Can't have EJ accounts with storage. We really need a sarcasm font.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disappointing that there won't be any storage for EJ players from the start. Will there be any changes to the New Player quests? Will they still be getting 1000 gp, a book and a candle? If they plan to launch EJ within the next two weeks that doesn't leave much time for making changes...:eek:
The real disappointment comes later when the new player realizes the game is well past its prime and the Multi-player aspect is nothing more than a hand full crusty old dudes, and very little exception to that. :]

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please also remember when we release Endless Journey we will be taking actions against multiboxing users. We will be posting once a month on UO.com the number of warnings/bannings actioned against violators so you are aware we are catching people. We will need your assistance with this and we are asking that you page on the players you are witnessing using multiboxing.

awesome i may start doing EM Events again after this.....well done devs at least one step in the right direction!!!!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 79149
Can't see a EJ acct being viable Siege. Very limited storage means they will not have the back up gear and resources to stay in the fight whether PvM or PvP. I am guessing on prodo they will have insurance and not have to rebuild even a half way decent loot suit from the ground up. Just can't see where Siege would be much fun on a EJ acct.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mmmh, taking actions on multi-boxing ? If i use 10 proxys for 10 ej accounts and be attended while farming boss for legendaries. Which action will be taken ?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's something that should have already been happening. It won't matter how many "Free" accounts they ban, people can always just make more. The returning and, likely extremely few, new players are still going to be faced with rampant cheating. If the games subscription numbers are so poor they can't afford to ban paid accounts that openly flaunt the ToS, exploit the game for personal profit, and disenfranchise the legitimate players then they should just announce a closure date and prep to pull the plug because it's already well past time to call "Game Over Man!"

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please also remember when we release Endless Journey we will be taking actions against multiboxing users. We will be posting once a month on UO.com the number of warnings/bannings actioned against violators so you are aware we are catching people. We will need your assistance with this and we are asking that you page on the players you are witnessing using multiboxing.

awesome i may start doing EM Events again after this.....well done devs at least one step in the right direction!!!!
a very good example of hypocrisy on the part of EA / Broadsword / OSI and all that follows.
it's been years that in the events, players from others shards use accounts multiboxing front of the EM. This cause original shard players lose the chance to have an item from their own shard and no action has ever been taken.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Question... does the hag quest thing mean that right now you can get level 5&6 maps or they are adding that to the hag quest?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Question... does the hag quest thing mean that right now you can get level 5&6 maps or they are adding that to the hag quest?

Here are some current bugs and minor feature requests that are going through the process of getting resolved (note this list is subject to change)
  • Addition of level 5 and 6 maps as rewards from the Hag quest
This will be a part of Publish 100 so no, it's not implemented yet

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I really don't get why this is even an issue. I feel like a regular sized bank box is a bare minimum kind of situation. You really can't play this game without SOME secure storage, so why make people pay in game gold (or worse irl cash) for it? What's the value? What's the drawback?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't see a EJ acct being viable Siege. Very limited storage means they will not have the back up gear and resources to stay in the fight whether PvM or PvP. I am guessing on prodo they will have insurance and not have to rebuild even a half way decent loot suit from the ground up. Just can't see where Siege would be much fun on a EJ acct.
Well a crafter or tamer would be fine. Neither need a suit really. I plan to play EJ on siege.