• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Dock....

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's obviously a big part of the reason, considering on my shard when the event ends, they are already being spammed for sale "Tonights drop 175mil, will take gold on Atl"

I'm no detective, but I can figure that out...
Hah. Yeah, I was more clarifying that there might be other reasons to cross-shard in a non-EM event context. But with regards to EM event drops, I'm in agreement with your non-detective skills.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's obviously a big part of the reason, considering on my shard when the event ends, they are already being spammed for sale "Tonights drop 175mil, will take gold on Atl"

I'm no detective, but I can figure that out...
Atlantic is the economy of UO. I have hungry pets to feed. And so do many more. The Fellucians despise us and try to prevent us from getting into their lands. We are forced to buy their wares instead. When powerscrolls are placed in Trammel the madness will end!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Atlantic is the economy of UO. I have hungry pets to feed. And so do many more. The Fellucians despise us and try to prevent us from getting into their lands. We are forced to buy their wares instead. When powerscrolls are placed in Trammel the madness will end!
Agreed.

I loathe Atl and I refuse to go there and pay insane amounts for a PS I ought to be able to get myself for FREE and for the Fun of doing the spawn... And that FUN has not nor will it EVER include getting ganked or one shot killed by some cheap archer taking a pot shot, when I'm fighting to stay alive long enough to vet my pet... I'd rather just do the spawn... And I'd do them over and over and over in a grind if I could. But Fel ruins that. And doing them in Trammel is non-productive to say the least.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And that is a problem with me. Exept for feeding their PS controlling friends and keeping them selling gold, there is no reason at all for the devs to have PS limited to Fel spawns. You want to PvP? go PvP...it doesn't ahve to be over scrolls.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed.

I loathe Atl and I refuse to go there and pay insane amounts for a PS I ought to be able to get myself for FREE and for the Fun of doing the spawn... And that FUN has not nor will it EVER include getting ganked or one shot killed by some cheap archer taking a pot shot, when I'm fighting to stay alive long enough to vet my pet... I'd rather just do the spawn... And I'd do them over and over and over in a grind if I could. But Fel ruins that. And doing them in Trammel is non-productive to say the least.
And that is a problem with me. Exept for feeding their PS controlling friends and keeping them selling gold, there is no reason at all for the devs to have PS limited to Fel spawns. You want to PvP? go PvP...it doesn't ahve to be over scrolls.
The Devs, for some reason, are really hung up on the power scrolls. I started a thread about recovering PS's FROM PETS, on the "official forum" and a dev shot it down really quickly. Something to the effect that PS's are vital to the UO economy, one of the few things left, yada yada yada. OMG I guess being able to recover MY OWN power scrolls, that I have already bought, farmed, etc... Would destroy UO. LOL In my opinion, the cheater/scripters/ RMT people have just about done that. :(

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah Trammel scrolls just got nixed at the M&G. Call me nuts, but someone somewhere has to be making some coin off them, for them to be held strictly for the minority to control.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Devs, for some reason, are really hung up on the power scrolls. I started a thread about recovering PS's FROM PETS, on the "official forum" and a dev shot it down really quickly. Something to the effect that PS's are vital to the UO economy, one of the few things left, yada yada yada. OMG I guess being able to recover MY OWN power scrolls, that I have already bought, farmed, etc... Would destroy UO. LOL In my opinion, the cheater/scripters/ RMT people have just about done that. :(
I couldn't agree more... I'm sick and tired of the greed and tired of the few in Fel controlling the PS market. And they say it's the "only" thing Fel has anymore which is a lie... Fel has what Fel has always had... the freedom to ruin other peoples play.... or the ability to test yourself against other players... however you see it... though more often than not the ones crying about things in Fel are the ones who just want easy peasy targets and want to keep luring lambs to the slaughter... the ones who actually enjoy REAL PvP where it's more of a level playing field could care less and wouldn't care about the PS's.. they play not to slaughter players where there really is no skill involved... but to enjoy a good battle of skills and wit.

It still has VvV as well and all the items that come with that... IF anything letting people get PS in Tram would free up the Fel spawns for Guild vs Guild PvP battles... Might even stop the players from having bots watch the hotspots for them to them actually being somewhere that a real fight might actually happen...

But none of that at all matters... fact is I do spawns in Fel all the time... but I don't get anything of use... 9 x out of 10 the only scrolls i get are 110's... rarely a 115 and even more rarely a 120 and that is usually now macing or swords or some other thing that isn't pet useful... which boggles my mind since before the pet publish all you ever got for 120's in Fel was for Wrestling and Focus... Now all you see are ones for things you CAN'T use on Pets.

I wish I could respec pets since a lot of times things get borked in that process .... and I'd like a do-over... which would include getting my scrolls back.

PS are not vital to a market that revolves around people moving everything to Atl and upping the price by 10X... And EM Drops... Which I still thing should be mostly Shard Bound.

The only benefit to the PS give to the Market is lining the pockets of the Few... And IMO it gives far more negatives than positives... it's in a dead land where most players do not want to go. It would be better to have them in Tram where people would frequently do them... leaving them in Fel where most won't go and such just forces folk to deal with people who's only "joy" in game is making things miserable for other players. I still don't understand why anyone in their right mind would REWARD that type of behavior.

I like PvP just fine when it's an even fight. But seriously when is it an even fight over a champ spawn???

Sadly the game is seriously becoming less and less populated which would lead one to believe they would want to make it more "fun" for everyone.... to keep people around...

I've pretty much Finished with Pets since I honestly don't have any more scrolls to give them and getting more scrolls for them would cost more than I can afford and doing the spawns myself just leaves me empty handed... can only do them when someone else goes with me and then you can only risk doing 1 or 2 at the most before getting raided.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I couldn't agree more... I'm sick and tired of the greed and tired of the few in Fel controlling the PS market. And they say it's the "only" thing Fel has anymore which is a lie... Fel has what Fel has always had... the freedom to ruin other peoples play.... or the ability to test yourself against other players... however you see it... though more often than not the ones crying about things in Fel are the ones who just want easy peasy targets and want to keep luring lambs to the slaughter... the ones who actually enjoy REAL PvP where it's more of a level playing field could care less and wouldn't care about the PS's.. they play not to slaughter players where there really is no skill involved... but to enjoy a good battle of skills and wit.

It still has VvV as well and all the items that come with that... IF anything letting people get PS in Tram would free up the Fel spawns for Guild vs Guild PvP battles... Might even stop the players from having bots watch the hotspots for them to them actually being somewhere that a real fight might actually happen...

But none of that at all matters... fact is I do spawns in Fel all the time... but I don't get anything of use... 9 x out of 10 the only scrolls i get are 110's... rarely a 115 and even more rarely a 120 and that is usually now macing or swords or some other thing that isn't pet useful... which boggles my mind since before the pet publish all you ever got for 120's in Fel was for Wrestling and Focus... Now all you see are ones for things you CAN'T use on Pets.

I wish I could respec pets since a lot of times things get borked in that process .... and I'd like a do-over... which would include getting my scrolls back.

PS are not vital to a market that revolves around people moving everything to Atl and upping the price by 10X... And EM Drops... Which I still thing should be mostly Shard Bound.

The only benefit to the PS give to the Market is lining the pockets of the Few... And IMO it gives far more negatives than positives... it's in a dead land where most players do not want to go. It would be better to have them in Tram where people would frequently do them... leaving them in Fel where most won't go and such just forces folk to deal with people who's only "joy" in game is making things miserable for other players. I still don't understand why anyone in their right mind would REWARD that type of behavior.

I like PvP just fine when it's an even fight. But seriously when is it an even fight over a champ spawn???

Sadly the game is seriously becoming less and less populated which would lead one to believe they would want to make it more "fun" for everyone.... to keep people around...

I've pretty much Finished with Pets since I honestly don't have any more scrolls to give them and getting more scrolls for them would cost more than I can afford and doing the spawns myself just leaves me empty handed... can only do them when someone else goes with me and then you can only risk doing 1 or 2 at the most before getting raided.
Ya, it's getting tougher for me to even want to log in to UO much lately. Much less mess with any pets and scrolls. Heck, I could scroll them up just right for the specs now, and in a month or so the devs change something and make those pets worthless. So I lose my scrolls, AGAIN.Just like what happened before. So why bother.@Bleak @Kyronix I sure am hoping @Mesanna holds to her word on the bans. If not, it will just make it that much tougher. People are dropping like flies in UO! But hey, the scripters/cheaters/RMT people are rocking along so it's all good right?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dropping like flys is so true. I can’t believe how many people have quit and/or are down sizing and closing accounts, just in the last last few months. Pac is a ghost town now. Very sad but if UO makes it onther few years it will be amazing, never thought I would seriously feel this way, but the end feels very close for some reason. I was just thinking maybe it’s just a slow time of the year but when you can place castles on so many shards it doesn’t seem good at all. I really hope it gets turned around some how.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To do that UO would have to compete with other games with beautiful graphics... and nice stories.

But doing 1 event at one time a week or 2 or 3 a month isn't going to keep anyone's interest. Not to mention that doing nothing but grinding something for a 0.000001% chance of a drop isn't going to keep people around either.

Continually giving the cheaters and scripters a free reign doesn't either... ignoring scams and letting the scammers get away with it over and over doesn't help either...

Making it impossible to play or compete at EM Events in one of your clients or the other doesn't help either.... I haven't been able to loot a public corpse in 2 or 3 YEARS... this doesn't make me happy at all...

I spent ages complaining about the AoE effects and being told it's all Pinco's fault when it isn't was annoying as well. Think that made people want to stay???

The greed of players now is disturbing... and the sad thing is most the RP is dying out to... Once upon a time it was more about just going on an adventure with friends and less about what you got and how much it was worth... Now we are so overpowered that a guild or group can't do most content it's over in 2 or 3 min... how is that engaging???

And then you get the problem of no one gets drops or items... or whatever and they grow bored... Or eventually everyone has all the drops and there isn't any reason anymore to do anything in game.

Someone said they hadn't ever done Cora or something... well don't bother. Chances are all you'll get is a nice pile of death robes.
So save yourself the trouble and just don't.

Once upon a time my "goal" was to make a tamer on every shard. I quit doing that because it is too costly.... and I just don't play enough UO anymore to justify the expense...

If I could ever bring myself to just throw away all this crap I keep saving for other people who might return or need/want it I would shut down all but 2 of my accounts... but I can't bring myself to do it. I just get too depressed and log out. I'd like to get down to 6 but I can't seem to muster the strength to purge it all... I often run into things that belonged to old friends and then I get more depressed.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Why can't they make pet only power scrolls that drop other places? I'd just like to know why Messana mentioned making power scrolls shard bound at the M & G before the pet revamp launched and then afterwards did a total u-turn and didn't bother, with no explanation at all. Why does she mention things if she has no intention of doing it? :confused:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Did anyone attend the M&G last night?? I was busy and could not make it

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I did there were a couple of decent questions asked but most of the stuff was "no"....

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Agreed.

Brought a 120 swords PS on PAC for 9 million (After I sold a EM Drop there) had a friend carry it back to Sonoma where I sold it to a guildmate for 6 million, what could I do he was bigger then me and force me to accept the 6 million when I wanted to give it to him freely. (J/K) Can't get those 120 when you need them on smaller shards and that not without trying. PAS has done Fel spawns but our RNG on the luck of 120s suck.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I wish folks wouldn’t hate on EM’s and appreciate what they do. The swag crowd really ruins the whole thing for community minded players. Make it all clickies so the lootbies will bugger off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Get rid of EM drops and replace them with a store item and you'll attract a better, much less greedy and willing to bend rules, sort. Nothing wrong with getting a 30m item instead of one that some cheater gets 5 of and demands 300m each for them... no fun in that.