• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Daily Whine (7)

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok I'm wanting to turn my Pally warrior into a Samurai here is my issue (and this shall turn into a greater overall whine) why does Bushido not have a travel spell or a healing spell etc etc (no i don't want to be a Sampire)
this is an issue with Necro Ninjutsu and don't get me started on the fact that Bards don't have songbooks
why do we have magery forced on us ....

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
<smart-a$$ answer>
It ain't forced on you. There is foot, animal, flying travel ... not to mention the public moongates.
</smarta$$ answer>

Serially, I never even gave that a thought, but you're right. You could just get runebooks/atlases from someone who has marked spots for you. Then all ya need are recall scrolls whiich you can get from an NPC. <shrug> Good whine though ... made me think. Now my brain hurts.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
<smart-a$$ answer>
It ain't forced on you. There is foot, animal, flying travel ... not to mention the public moongates.
</smarta$$ answer>
I agree My Miner Urlak uses no Magik as he calls it in fact his INT is 10 begrudgingly uses an atlas and moongates But boy can he dig.
the point is every magical class (i include bards here) should have a basic travel spell. heal and cure etc Magery has many spells unique to it that other schools of magic should not get however.....starts beating dead horse...

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(The Bushido healing is "Confidence" which got better with Bushido mastery active but unfortunately Bleak subjected it to reset-swing in November 2015. )

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
(The Bushido healing is "Confidence" which got better with Bushido mastery active but unfortunately Bleak subjected it to reset-swing in November 2015. )
I understand this and about recalls etc
I am a warrior i have anatomy i have healing these are skills that i accept have to be part of my template
the point of the Whine is is that every school of magic should be complete in and of its self with all the basic needs covered not if i need focus to be a mystic that's fine etc but i shouldn't have to depend on other schools of magic for some basic things..

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've always wondered whay chiv had a way to recall yet no way to mark a location.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Anon - you should follow your thread titles with a subject topic we can follow.
You've got 8 Daily Whines going on now in the first page, it gets hard to know which is which, to read or reply to.

Regarding this topic - My letter to Messana 1 year ago, and my first post here last April, raised this very point among many many others - none of the Spellschools are in themselves complete. This makes many of the schools in themselves unattractive, especially if you wanted to be a Pure in that school.

My fix was to merge all the spellschools into one and/or In the same way Dexxers can just change weapons and have access to every single special skill going, I was suggesting mages could maybe customise their own spellbook with say 60 out of all (120+?) spells going. Or ofc add more basic foundation spells into all the spellschools, haha forgot to add that one in.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi Anon - you should follow your thread titles with a subject topic we can follow.
You've got 8 Daily Whines going on now in the first page, it gets hard to know which is which, to read or reply to.
Hum should i do a Daily Whine about this complaint?? add them as a Daily whine contributor follow the suggestion so many possiblities
:) Yes going forward i shall at least number the IE Daily Whine 565747-7B

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hum should i do a Daily Whine about this complaint?? add them as a Daily whine contributor follow the suggestion so many possiblities
:) Yes going forward i shall at least number the IE Daily Whine 565747-7B
Next title ... "The Daily Whine - daily whines!"

Yup, yup. I like it.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Like every other post is a whine though.... So having a daily whine thread is redundant. Yes, this counts as one. LOL

James Battersby

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Back before Chivalry, Bushido and the other 'new' skills, as someone mentioned before, we had runebooks with recall scrolls in them. And if we would be so unfortunate to forget recharging them, the only other option was to either run all the way or call someone for a gate. And by call I mean ask on ICQ. There were no chat channels and no guild chat either. I found that to be working fine. I still use it on some characters that has no other way of recalling. Either that, or I make room for 40 Chivalry and live with the fizzles.
As for healing, well... Just get actual healing, and your problem is gone. ;)

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as necro ninja, recall requires no magery in wraith form, so necros do have a travel spell.