• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Difference in respawn timers

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've noticed that if you are in Tokuno and a few other area's mobs respawn there almost instantly... making it GREAT for skilling up pets and such.

However in places like Wind, Ice, and many of the illsh dungeons and area's in Tram and Fel the respawn rate is abysmal.... you can kill things and nothing will spawn for up to 2 or 3 min...

I thought about working on things in some dungeons and just quit because things didn't respawn for such a long time I grew bored quickly.

Blackthorns is about the same way... I took a pet into the spider room and there were times when I was just waiting for long stretches of time. One can quickly kill everything in the hellhound room and they respawn only 1 or 2 at a time slowly you can EASILY keep the room down to 1 or 2 things...

Waiting for the headless miners to respawn is terribly slow...

Spawning in the Painted Caves the Trogs respawn instantly...

Go to kill the mobs in Shame and you will be standing there waiting for 2 or more min between spawns. I was killing the mud eles and it was BORING. Yet wind eles respawn almost instantly...

Two players can pretty much wipe out all spawn in Destard in short order and stand about waiting on stuff to respawn...

I don't know if that's to keep people from farming things or what but a bit of a tweak on the spawn rates would be nice ... 2 people should not completely empty a spawn...

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've noticed the same, I think it only happens at places that are rarely used.
Tried a few places in Ilsh, was waiting for sometimes more than 5 minutes for the darn thing to respawn.
It does pick up, after you spend a little bit of time there.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed. I've waited up to 5 minutes for an AW to spawn at the AW mountain in ilsh. Really annoying.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gee we used to do that as a community event.

Hows your pet do on a paragon?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've noticed the same, I think it only happens at places that are rarely used.
Tried a few places in Ilsh, was waiting for sometimes more than 5 minutes for the darn thing to respawn.
It does pick up, after you spend a little bit of time there.
That's likely the entire reason those places are rarely used... it's toooo boring waiting for something to spawn.

I mean it's not like everything should respawn instantly.... but 5 min??? That's a bit too much.

If it spawned in 1 min that would be better.