• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Daily Whine (4)

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why cant we have a way that another player can do house Deco an interior decorator if you would. A secure way. I'm lazy and a bachelor but would still like a nice house .I know its crazy but maybe add new skill? first a player has to gain by Decorating their own house ...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are reliable and trustworthy deco folks I'm sure. Did you look thru Homes & Castles to see what's there? Ask around ... I'm pretty sure you will get some names of folks to contact.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we should be able to buy plans for a certain size plot that someone created. once you buy it apply it to your house (1 time deal).
BAM your house design is the same as the saved plans.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A friend of mine has decorated homes for his "uo career" for years. Rather lucrative profession, and there is always more to do with new items being added consistently. He has crafted me several amazing houses over the years, my crazy mad alchemist lab comes to mind, wish I had those screen shots still. A run down keep in the swamp that looked as if it was being reclaimed, and my dungeon tower which was amazingly gory and unsettling. (My pk loved it :p ) The dueling arena was very fun too. It had stadium seating! Truly tho I've never met anyone else with his knack for deco and design. He was involved on a free shard for a few years and the dungeons he made were amazing as well. Highly talented, but he has spent years working on it as well.

Over the years he has learned how to make things cover railings, ugly spots, go higher then a deco tool normally allows, etc etc. The result is amazing and very unique. His work is outstanding and he won best deco events many times.

Currently he's taking a break from it, but last I heard he was charging to deco castles for people on OSI.

As for the 'skin idea' it would be awesome, but also takes away from the unique aspect that people pay for and want. He literally crafts you what you want and what suits your style. Blood and gore to a flower garden to a childs playground he has done it all.

Last edited:

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think we should be able to buy plans for a certain size plot that someone created. once you buy it apply it to your house (1 time deal).
Omg that would be amazing. Have it setup so the sample can be walk threw and if you like it “purchase” it through the house sign and the builders can set a price for each design :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

So much this!! maybe two new skills needed Architect and Interior designer If customizable Housing is UO big draw (and it is) then these are perfect skills to add....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used to do design and deco for payment... I enjoyed it for a long while... though I've found there are some folk you just can't please.

It's still one of the aspects of UO I still enjoy... but I don't do it much anymore.