• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

game play withdow size max 800x600

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just downloaded the classic client on a pc at work and for some odd reason I can not set the game play size larger than 800x600.

This is my options menu:
gameplay_size.png

I did reinstall and verify the file cache. It still doesn't show the full menu I got at home. It's the first time I got a german UO client, sorry for that.

Any ideas?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is just a guess ... but what screen resolution are you running? If it is not large enough to support the larger size that may be the issue. It would be a pleasant surprise to find out some smartness was in the client. I run 1440x900 Windows resolution.

Like I said ... this is a guess.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it's updated only for English client.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
seriously? jeez ... English-only update is just wrong for an internationally played game which boasts as "localized".

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you could also find the line in the uo.cfg (open with editor) and put in whatever resolution you prefer. that's what a friend of mine did when we couldn't figure out it was his language settings. in my cfg it's the last line that reads:

GamePlayWindowSize=1024x768

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I just downloaded the classic client on a pc at work and for some odd reason I can not set the game play size larger than 800x600.

This is my options menu:
View attachment 78732

I did reinstall and verify the file cache. It still doesn't show the full menu I got at home. It's the first time I got a german UO client, sorry for that.

Any ideas?
What you need to do, is first of all when you start the game there is a little check box at the bottom that asks if you want to fully inspect/patch files. Click check it there. Then go in the game on your toon that you want to play, and go to the SAME screen as you are showing us in the original post, and then most importantly:
SCROLL DOWN to reveal the other resolutions, choose one, and then you will have the play window as large as you want. Takes less than 5 minutes..I hope this helps.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, that does not help with the problem. Like I said in my OP, I did verify the files and cache. I can either add the string max posted in my uo config or I can add "UserLanguageCodeString=ENU" to my uo.cfg to fix the problem.

As you can see on the screenshot I have already scrolled down. You can clearly see that right below the 800 * 600 option is the "switch to 565 color mode" option. There are options missing on atleast a german client.

When I remove either of the 2 strings from the config the new game size options vanish again.

Last edited:

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Version 7.0.61.13 (Patch Unknown)

It's a fresh install and the game files have been verified.

It is not a problem on my side.

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I can confirm this - the options.xxx files for DEU, FRA, ESP and KOR simply lack the entries to show the additional resolution modes. I just tested this by manually adding the missing resolution options to the options.deu (= German) file and tampering with the UserLanguageCodeString:

AddResModesGerman.png

If BS made the decision to drop support for languages others than ENU and JPN (actually I think they did?), they should have removed the remains of omitted languages and streamlined the region detection to fall back to either ENU or JPN to keep people from having unsupported / crippled client versions.